[3.6] Coc Ice Nova CI Occultist - 10-15k ES - Deathless Uber 4.5+mil dps

Hi i was inspired by the popular Coc Ice Nova build but i much prefer energy shield builds so i came up with this. With my current gear i can easily do uber elder, however this build is probably not for everyone and can be expensive if you want high energy shield.

Pros over assassin
more es
more damage(for less cost)
more aoe

Cons
Harder to hit max critical strike chance
possibly harder to gear

If your not familiar with Coc ice nova i suggest checking out the life based assassin version. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2285205/page/1

Path of building(updated for 3.6): https://pastebin.com/nax0sBCM
Deathless Uber Elder:Video

Gear
Spoiler

Mid to high end gear (elder crit chest version)
Spoiler

Current Gear (assasins mark version)
Spoiler

Starter gear
Spoiler

To enable the build you need
the rest of the gear is just es rares. a Chest with elder Crit mod on is one way to cap your crit or you can use blaspemy assasins mark. I used rare diamond rings with ES, Dex and resist before i bought an elder warlords ring. I also used warlords mark blasphemy instead of discipline
try to get a helmet with the frigid fossil mod enemies have -9 to cold res and decent es

5 link - cyclone , increased crit, cast on crit, ice nova , hypothermia. you can sustain power charges with occultist ascendency but you will need someway to get charges at the start of a map. I use Power charge on crit for my 6th link but if you prefer you can use something else or swap into conc effect for bosses.

Dont forget to use your vortex linked to bonechill on bosses its a huge damage increase

Last edited by weeprab on May 19, 2019, 4:42:57 AM
Last bumped on Jun 5, 2019, 11:02:23 PM
Hi, first i want to excuse myself for my english, i want to give it a try and i want to know, what do you mean with "his build is not for everyone"? And how is the survivality of the build?
"
mrwertyy wrote:
Hi, first i want to excuse myself for my english, i want to give it a try and i want to know, what do you mean with "his build is not for everyone"? And how is the survivality of the build?

the gear can be quite hard to find, and probably harder to get started than the assassin version. Survivablity is pretty good with 10k es, tons of leech, dread banner and defensive flasks.
Wow i've been looking for a CI CoC ice nova/frost bolt build! if this works it will litteraly be a combination of everything im looking for in a build! at how much do you estimate the cost of gear to be somewhat rdy for t16 maps and shaper? Im not talking about being able to farm uber elder comfortably that will be for later but ive already spent so much currency in my LL RF guardian build that i might have to consider the life version first which only requires you to have Lycosidae, also my guardian is so tanky i dont want to go through a second character that has way less survivability, occultist seems to bring that up but im guessing you need way more specific gear to reach a comfortable amount of crit without the assassin ascendancy
can you post any videos
"
weeprab wrote:
Hi i was inspired by the popular Coc Ice Nova build but i much prefer energy shield builds so i came up with this.

My gear is very high end at this point if you want to see starter gear let me know and i will edit a section.

My dude i would be grateful for that... Just used all my regrets on my vortex/snap occultist to play this build; <3
"
noxilence1 wrote:
can you post any videos

ill work on some videos today and updating the guide more!
Where do you get your recovery from? I only see +ES on hit on your watcher's eye... Im almost done building mine, considering leech on dmg in cospri
"
Fullrom wrote:
Where do you get your recovery from? I only see +ES on hit on your watcher's eye... Im almost done building mine, considering leech on dmg in cospri

I have three sources of recovery. Warlords mark, occultist ascendency and watchers eye jewel

aaaah ok im playing with this atm, thats all i could afford with my currency i had left basically close to 1 ex; amulets and rings i had in the stash same for boots and belt, i only have 8k8 es and i need to balance the res for the wise oak, buy lvl 21 gems ofc

Next best upgrade is warlord's mark on hit diamong ring i guess

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info