[3.6] Coc Ice Nova CI Occultist - 10-15k ES - Deathless Uber 4.5+mil dps

You are correct.

This is something I've done with my character recently too. I find the Crit chance and damage and defenses to be much higher without cospris.

Two things: you may want to craft Crit chance instead of a damage roll on that dagger. I tried one that slow and it felt like I had temp chains on me! Cospris has very high attack speed so switching to something like that felt bad. I found you need to find a weapon with local attack speed roll already on it.

And you definitely don't need a second weapon for crits now. Your Crit will be maxed with something like that. I would look for a GG shield for best utility but that's just me.

Also, what are you doing for your 6link now? I swapped out power charge on Crit for frostbolt in my main links and it's working great. But curious if you have another approach since we can't proc frostbolt via cospris anymore.

E: just noticed you still have cospris. Interesting setup... Never even considered that. I still think a GG dagger and shield is better? With 2 frozen trails I seem to be crushing content with the dagger and high end shield combo despite having 2 main skills in my 6link.
Last edited by Mopstah on Apr 8, 2019, 3:42:34 PM
"
Mopstah wrote:
You are correct.

This is something I've done with my character recently too. I find the Crit chance and damage and defenses to be much higher without cospris.

Two things: you may want to craft Crit chance instead of a damage roll on that dagger. I tried one that slow and it felt like I had temp chains on me! Cospris has very high attack speed so switching to something like that felt bad. I found you need to find a weapon with local attack speed roll already on it.

And you definitely don't need a second weapon for crits now. Your Crit will be maxed with something like that. I would look for a GG shield for best utility but that's just me.

Also, what are you doing for your 6link now? I swapped out power charge on Crit for frostbolt in my main links and it's working great. But curious if you have another approach since we can't proc frostbolt via cospris anymore.

E: just noticed you still have cospris. Interesting setup... Never even considered that. I still think a GG dagger and shield is better? With 2 frozen trails I seem to be crushing content with the dagger and high end shield combo despite having 2 main skills in my 6link.

The extra damage/projectiles coming from cospri is not negotiable for me - however my thought process was:

We need 1 weapon to never miss (filled by the Lycosidae's buff to the cospri) in order to trigger CoC for maximum novas. We still have that ability, just with the other hand. The crit chance on the crafted dagger is local crit also, so I have even higher crit with that hand.

Aside from the 'cant evade' from Lycosidae it is pretty useless when stacked up next to a damage heavy dagger and MOST importantly now we have 2 hands to trigger CoC vs. Just one.

Typed on phone. Apologies for spelling and grammar.

Also - I feel like PoB doesnt accurately capture this build so most of this is based in observation and logic.

EDIT: With 2 weapons attacking would this not also buff ES on hit from Watcher's Eye?
Last edited by DeerFart on Apr 8, 2019, 6:33:39 PM

This is my gear so far, working out quite well got to craft a new hubris though
"
Annor wrote:

This is my gear so far, working out quite well got to craft a new hubris though

Looks good to me! The hubris isn't bad at all.

I am super tempted to craft an elder crit chest - but a.) i dont want to lose the ES associated with my synthesized chest and b.) I am not sure if I need the crit.

I am having a lot of trouble with PoB for this build so I am just going off of assumptions.
How are you liking the Cospri/Dagger setup?

I am unsure of which is better for me Aspect of Cat or Spider ;O
"
Annor wrote:
How are you liking the Cospri/Dagger setup?

I am unsure of which is better for me Aspect of Cat or Spider ;O

So far it FEELS better. I seem to be hitting harder and faster.

I am waiting for someone more familiar with PoB configuration to accuratley weigh in if possible. I do not know if this build's output can be properly mirrored on PoB.

ALSO:

How do we feel about this?

Worth using?
Last edited by DeerFart on Apr 9, 2019, 1:09:46 PM
Hello!
I love this build so far, and even if I tweaked it differently here and there its globally the same.

I was comparing the pobs earlier and there is a big difference in damage. I am missing something like 1/3 dps compared to weeprab's pob, and I cannot find why.

Could someone help me find out?

Here is my pob :

https://pastebin.com/XNgXsJfA

Here are my items :

Thank's in advance!

Last edited by ManiakMogg on Apr 9, 2019, 4:02:55 PM
"
ManiakMogg wrote:
Hello!
I love this build so far, and even if I tweaked it differently here and there its globally the same.

I was comparing the pobs earlier and there is a big difference in damage. I am missing something like 1/3 dps compared to weeprab's pob, and I cannot find why.

Could someone help me find out?

Here is my pob :

https://pastebin.com/XNgXsJfA

Here are my items :

Thank's in advance!

bonechill isnt supported in pob so you need to add the mod "nearby enemies take 17% increased elemental damage" to your cospris(or any piece of gear)

could also be aspect of the spider dps and small min/maxs here and there

also cdr on belt isnt doing anything you need 14% to hit the breakpoint
Last edited by weeprab on Apr 9, 2019, 4:36:57 PM
Thanks for your answer weeprab :)! (And thank's for your guide also :) )
So I added "nearby enemies take 17% increased elemental damage", it doesnt look like its changing the dps.
Also, aspect of the spider is roughly the same dps buff as hatred is, so it shouldnt be that different... Any other ideas :/? its a big chunk of damage that I am missing here.

Thanks for the tip on the belt, I did not know that :).
Last edited by ManiakMogg on Apr 9, 2019, 5:02:28 PM
"
ManiakMogg wrote:
Thanks for your answer weeprab :)! (And thank's for your guide also :) )
So I added "nearby enemies take 17% increased elemental damage", it doesnt look like its changing the dps.
Also, aspect of the spider is roughly the same dps buff as hatred is, so it shouldnt be that different... Any other ideas :/? its a big chunk of damage that I am missing here.

Thanks for the tip on the belt, I did not know that :).

probably jewels and the 25% multi your missing from corrupting your cospris.

on another note synthesis crafting can be pretty annoying but ive been making some nice items so far!

edit:
trying out that herald of ice ring
Last edited by weeprab on Apr 9, 2019, 5:38:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info