Are you happy with the betrayal league so far?

I think Betrayal is the best league by far and I'm curious what league people think was better. I just love playing with the syndicate board, blocking branches and moving people around. But, with that being said, I really hope they do something about reward scalling. Between low level syndicate and delve farming, this league has a major issue with late game content.
I do find it entertaining seeing people saying this is the worst league of all time. It's certainly nowhere near the best, but it's also nowhere near the worst. I think some people seem to forget that Talisman, Torment and Prophecy were a thing.
It was a great patch overall with the new crafting system, hideouts and new masters, but I dislike the actual Betrayal mechanic.

1.5 months into the league and I'm already kinda burned out. I guess I'll try farming low lvl Delves, it seems more fun than mapping which really just got old at this point.
Pretty nice league imo

A bit clunky to learn at first and initially lots of problems, mostly syndicate spawning on the same spot that is thankfully fixed now (and my builds have shit dps man)

-Had to rely on "betrayal cheatsheet", not a fan of the little hints that appear under the syndicate members and you only see what they currently have (so decisions to move them to another division feel really blind) but hey information and knowledge is part of this game learning I guess

-Too many adds on fortification still tbh and looks like clusterfuck but makes me feel okay about building defences sometimes instead of optimal decisions.

Also IIRC on some syndicate leader sometimes their item spawns above their portrait and then you literally can't even see it. some bullshit.

I liked a lot of the dialogue of the new syndicate members but also when you kill them all and make fast decisions their lines all overlap and it really is "STFU"
Some of the dialogue is a bit too lighthearted and jokey though imo but enjoyable nonetheless.

Didn't play enough so far to find leader probably will come back to try later

For core game:
new masters is a + for me, i'm a sucker for league content so I like seeing incursion delve and bestiary, all of which can get you limited other league content (item room in incursion, random crafts from bestiary, incursion treasures as usual)

Core game minus points:
-bestiary is super simplified now but not all bad cuz saves time thinking about requirements when crafting (i had agonized over using certain beasts knowing they were useful in multiple recipes for example)

For crafting not too happy about all aspects of new crafting benches (mostly veiled rng, mods found in delve, and level requirements are bullshit, don't play too much perm league but fact that maybe you'll need veiled mods to get crafting options in perm league is dumb) but i like it overall. Makes getting small amounts of chaos res more feasible for my shitty builds that use like multiple 1c trash tier uniques with 0 life 0 res.
Not a big fan of the mechanics themselves. But one thing I like about betrayal is that it can actually be dangerous compare to the rest of the mapping content which is like the most boring thing ever.
I like it a lot.

I like leagues where you are forced "alter" your build towards league content. I like that the new league content forces you to think - interact - and adapt. I don't really see how they would add Betrayal to the core game in a smooth way, though, but it has more or less been confirmed.

I've had a lot of fun this league.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Not really able to appreciate it myself but it's far from "worst ever". Tempest was worse. Bestiary was worse.

Bestiary was the best league ever made to make SHITTON of money.
"
rzuk892 wrote:

1.5 months into the league and I'm already kinda burned out.

That's actually pretty good player retention.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
1st month it was fun.

now its so fun i sit on forum with afk in hideout reading what players have to say... that's how much fun the league is.

And, i did exceptionally well currency wise this league, but content is so boring and pointless. Just did temple run to ask myself what's the point of doing this temple?

Syndicate i skip now totally. Just pointless. Also they are all shifted to transport and fortification for some reason. I got 1 in intervention and 2 in research, so yeah, im not doing that anymore.

Uber Elder, finished with that also after realizing they 99% nerfed the drop rate for jewels.

Delve? Delve is ok, but i did whole previous league delving so not much fun also.

No fun builds to play that don't die when something sneeze at you...

So im bathing in currency bored to the bones cause main league thing is total miss. Good Idea, but executed so badly on many levels.

ps

Crafting is fantastic this league just to add.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jan 16, 2019, 7:34:45 AM
"

No fun builds to play that don't die when something sneeze at you...

This is not league problem, this is your own personal problem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info