Are you happy with the betrayal league so far?

"
Aynix wrote:
"

No fun builds to play that don't die when something sneeze at you...

This is not league problem, this is your own personal problem.

It is a league problem if the league jumps on me every map i play.
"
"
Aynix wrote:
"

No fun builds to play that don't die when something sneeze at you...

This is not league problem, this is your own personal problem.

It is a league problem if the league jumps on me every map i play.

How does it affect you? If nerfed syndicate can kill you, it means most things in the game can kill you. Which means your build just sucks, and its your personal problem (learn how to properly balance offense and defense in builds) not league problem.
"
Aynix wrote:

How does it affect you? If nerfed syndicate can kill you, it means most things in the game can kill you. Which means your build just sucks, and its your personal problem (learn how to properly balance offense and defense in builds) not league problem.

Personally i have no problem with Syndicate encounters cause my build has 50ex invested and i did all content in the game many times by now. But non the less, what defense balance are we talking about regarding average playing rangers, shadows or some elementalist?

It's a league problem. I get in contact with many players in the league every day, cause i do services. Most of the time they are playing witches, ranges and shadows, and most of the time they ask to recommend them some good build cause they die too much. And I don't blame them.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jan 16, 2019, 9:45:07 AM
Betrayl is so great I just installed D3 to play the new season for a bit.
Time to wait for 4.0 i guess.
BY the way adding new mods to items doesn't make POE a better game, stop it.
Last edited by DasName on Jan 16, 2019, 10:36:06 AM
I am happy with betrayal, while the foundational gimmick mechanic isnt my favorite, it needs work and its choices really dont matter much...its 100% skippable.

Betrayal shows us how great all the other meh to awesome league mechanics can add to the game. It finally feels like its own game, its own niche in the ARPG world, rather than a D2.5 game.

I want less betrayal member spam, better consequences and rewards for choices, and make it so the choices matter. I want to get a buff, even if its only for betrayal mechanics, when befriending a member, and i want them to actually remember it...then i want to be able to execute, or betray, that member for a reward, but execute is a permanent removal, so im trading a buff for it.

Basically i want it to be like the bandits on steroids, bandits was a great mechanic, you can really expand on it with the betrayal system.

Also i dont know if its her voice, or the fact she talks so long, and over other voice overs, but Jun reminds me of D3 followers, i just want to mute them and never hear their voice again type of thing.

Finally i feel the rewards for safehouses and labs are too little, making them forgettable and boring. It would be awesome if i could jimmy the reward though the betrayal mechanic and guarantee a treasure room with sulphite and sulphite scarabs, or maps, or things i need. Tinys trial is good for streamer lulz but i hate it, crafting is 99% ruining an item...Ive walked out of safehouses with 3 shitty scarabs i wont use and nothing else, and now the mechanic reset and i get to enjoy all the spam with members and all the same insignificant choices again.

Plus i dont want to see members on a map with nasty rolls...why not incorporate members as a way to revisit campaign maps...or something else...

Betrayal needs to cook in the over for a few more leagues but has immense potential...the league is 100% saved by delve being good now (minus GGG's tightwad approach to endgame runs) and breach/abyssal...plus i LOVE beyond mobs popping up...so much potential fun.
just for try, for see and for know
I love some of the changes in 3.5. The new masters are great (but frustrating when they too often end up on maps I don't have). The new crafting is great. I like the beasts too, although the crafting isn't all that much useful outside of easier flask suffix.

Liked the syndicates to begin with too. Tough content and something different to do with the card game thing going on. But outside of brief spells in Ossuary (?) to try to get some challenges, I've kept them locked in the ground. Simply way too dangerous when I was trying to get to level 91 for the first time ever.

Admittedly some of the safehouse rewards can be nice, but other than that it's not much to write home about. Masterfind is the most fucked up boss fight I've faced in any game - and that was after reading how the darn thing worked.

All in all I'm pleased with the league due to other changes, but I kinda hope the syndicates don't make it to standard. Everything has lately, so at some point they have to make some real choices.
"
Aynix wrote:

I think he does uber elder carries lol. And syndicate wrecks him. If you dont see issue with that I dont know what to tell u.

Game is upside down this league. Best drops low level. Hardest mobs low level.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 16, 2019, 11:17:02 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

I think he does uber elder carries lol. And syndicate wrecks him. If you dont see issue with that I dont know what to tell u.

Game is upside down this league. Best drops low level. Hardest mobs low level.

Not hard at all to kill something that telegraphs everything and moves in rote patterns. All my characters this league are the squishiest they've ever been and are in terrible gear since thanks to powercreep there's no real reason to upgrade yet I breeze through everything.

If someone is dying to syndicate members it's because they and/or their build is bad, point blank period.
Currently being stalked around these forums by some clowns who caught feelings over being called out at being grossly inept at their job.
"
Slizzered wrote:

If someone is dying to syndicate members it's because they and/or their build is bad, point blank period.

how would you know? you dont even play the league. i love it when standard players comment on things they never even experienced
"
Slizzered wrote:

Not if they're able to do the content of that area with the exception of Syndicate. Especially if they're able to do what should be harder content such as a higher tier of maps.
Last edited by FathomWheel on Jan 16, 2019, 12:01:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info