Underutilized Skills: Defense

"
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

EDIT: I'm also trying to find this zerker you're talking about, and all I see is a dead one at 99, seems like acro didn't work so well for him. Regardless I'm only concerned with objective testing, not this "look at this one guy" anecdotal stuff

You do realize I got 100 with exactly the same build in SSF HC Deleve just with ground slam instead of Smite and the reason for that is: In Delve wasnt the fucking blood architect bug crashing the game.

Mitigation is expensive, RNG defenses are cheap as fuck as long as player does not get oneshot or twoshot and he wont be threeshot anyway with gud RNG defenses.

Now with the new syndicate mobs taking phys damage mitigation might be a thing but a player can just get L-coil, taste of hate or just dont do the syndicate anymore after tier 9 maps or whatever.

Before Tora etc, phys damage was nothing to care about once a player has 8k hp and Ahn's Helmet and has good RNG defenses in every day map clearing.

Elemental damage is the stuff that wrecks players in casual map clearing cause it has much higher numbers and there is no immortal call for it. Armour does absolutely nothing here but evasion and dodge are doing a lot against that because getting only hit by 1/4 or 1/5 of the shit instead of everything means 5x the survivability in that "not oneshot" setting and if you also have 25% instant heal with Warbringer and leech cap every second then nothing will ever kill ya except if its a oneshot or a game crash and as I said before there is no phys oneshot at maps without stupid mobs and without Tora when you have 8500ehp and anticrit ahn helmet, even with 10% increased damage taken.

Totally agreeing with OP those nodes should be redesigned and buffed so someone actually skills them for once.

Yes evade is better against elemental attacks. It's also completely useless against phys spells. You can also invest in spell block with armor but not with acro.

I mean look we can argue all day but in the end you run a test and jugg will be better. Do an objective test
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Jan 18, 2019, 1:57:33 PM
but immortal call helps against phys spells while there is nothing comparable to help against ele damage and there are no phys spells oneshotting players the main danger of phys comes from attacks.

jugg since the buffs is 2unethical4me sorry.
Last edited by The_Human_Tornado on Jan 18, 2019, 1:54:58 PM
ele damage is already 75%+ mitigated.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
"
robmafia wrote:
actually, you did say that your build couldn't run the lab.

Still wrong and still avoiding the point, nice post

not at all.

you said your build (heralds, iirc) COULDN'T do the lab. you argued this for 2-4 pages, if not more.

and it's quite relevant to this - you clearly don't have much game knowledge in terms of mechanics. and it shows. the hardcore level 90 lie, the can't run the lab (and now another lie about it) lie, and the criticizing someone for RIPing at level 99 while you waste ascendancies all paint a rather obvious and consistent picture.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

"
robmafia wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
"
robmafia wrote:
actually, you did say that your build couldn't run the lab.

Still wrong and still avoiding the point, nice post

not at all.

you said your build (heralds, iirc) COULDN'T do the lab. you argued this for 2-4 pages, if not more.

and it's quite relevant to this - you clearly don't have much game knowledge in terms of mechanics. and it shows. the hardcore level 90 lie, the can't run the lab (and now another lie about it) lie, and the criticizing someone for RIPing at level 99 while you waste ascendancies all paint a rather obvious and consistent picture.

What creates a rather obvious and consistent picture is your lack of mental capacity required to understand that armor vs evasion is an issue that literally has nothing to do with anyone's ability to play poe

Its about the simplest possible concept that I could possibly envision for you to grasp and yet you aren't able to comprehend it, based on posts like these
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Jan 18, 2019, 3:06:11 PM
doesn't understand mechanics.

complains about the mechanics he doesn't understand.
[Removed by Support]

"
robmafia wrote:
doesn't understand mechanics.

complains about the mechanics he doesn't understand.

Isn't able to grasp simple concepts about armor vs evasion having nothing to do with skill or ability

Continues to comment about skill or ability
-----
Bug Fixes:
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Jan 18, 2019, 3:08:26 PM
*sigh*

i'm suggesting you actually read up on the mechanics that you're complaining about, because you've been clearly doing so in ignorance. and it's been lulzworthy.

hence, the above posts.

you can't expect to be in a discussion of mechanics when you don't even know what the mechanics are/do.
[Removed by Support]

"
robmafia wrote:
*sigh*

i'm suggesting you actually read up on the mechanics that you're complaining about, because you've been clearly doing so in ignorance. and it's been lulzworthy.

hence, the above posts.

you can't expect to be in a discussion of mechanics when you don't even know what the mechanics are/do.

And I'm suggesting you actually address the topic for a change instead of obsessing over your ignorant perceptions of other people's game knowledge, especially in a discussion where that literally is not the least bit relevant

Armor vs evasion
Skill relevance: 0

Or just keep making irrelevant ignorant comments, it's been clearly working for you so far
-----
Bug Fixes:
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Jan 18, 2019, 3:57:35 PM
"
robmafia wrote:

Ignorant irrelevant comments it is, I guess.

How hard would it really be to actually talk about the issue in question? On a scale from 1-10

We are talking about evasion vs armor. The number of comments you've actually made about evasion vs armor is 0 and you've posted here 7 times

At what point do you actually contribute anything to the discussion? Page 50? Page 70? Page 464? You let me know when that's going to happen buddy. The mods could literally delete your entire presence on these forums and the amount of relevant posts would remain the same, that's what you add to the discussion. Just for future reference
-----
Bug Fixes:
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Jan 18, 2019, 4:40:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info