[3.9] Rangercosta's 4-Totem + Mirage Archer Toxic Rain (Deathless Uber Elder) - low/medium budget

And again this build is very strong. Used it this time as a starter in 3.8 and works very nice with the Blight League mechanic. Even so I did my usualy different options for this build (Trickster ascandancy for more dmg over time).

Edit:

Since we can get a free Note from the passive tree what would be your suggestions? ATM my char runs Aspect of The Eagle

Thinking about switching to Growth and Decay or
Gracefull Assault combined with Daressos Defiance
Last edited by Desaroth on Sep 9, 2019, 9:54:20 AM
think this would be viable on the new assassin?
Just browsing what Rangers are playing these days, I dont check often.

However this post peaked my interest because I've been playing dual/triple totems with TR and Scourge Arrow, switching between them based on what side-skills I was tricking out. It's been my fave build for Ranger since beta and I've played Rangers every league except Bestiary.

I do have some differences though (as I didn't use a guide, I just picked the multiple totem gem up when it was new).

- I go cheap. A tabula and a Lioneye's Glare gives you mapping strength until mid-red tier. Even then, you can do the maps with a couple of deaths here and there.

- I dont use Skirmish. It's not necessary for 90% of what you do. Things are already dead from the power of 2 totems and your mainhand. You can get 3 totems down with just the multiple totems gem anyway.

- I go with Raider ascendency to get perma-onslaught + phasing + ailment immunity. Damage is great from Pathfinder, but you can't do damage when you are dead (unless you poison :p ). Being capped on Dodge/SpellDodge with 66%+ evade, improving with Vaal Grace to basically unkillable for enough time to escape, is where I lay my focus.

- If you spend the 4 points to get to Charisma and can afford to run 2 auras, then some Embalmer's gloves (with a curse on hit corrupt) help make a nice 5-link Herald of Agony. It's not gonna hit lvl28+ but its free damage and a lot of it that scales with the physical you already pump in the nodes.

- I have a love/hate policy with Frenzy charges. On one hand its great dps and extra survivability late game, but it costs a lot. However if your single target game needs something, this and Barrage can make all the difference.

- I originally put my own totem build together for Delving. I was using Scourge Arrow but I was having issues with doorways in delves being a pain. So totems were the obvious fix. First I ran them with Toxic Rain so I could pick out the rares with SA. However now I run my totems with Scourge Arrow and back them up with Toxic Rain. This is so I always have max charge SA from the totems and dual TR from mainhand and Mirage Archer. It covers literally all angles, doorways, around corners, gives you range, escapes, distractions. It's the complete package.

I'm not the best with knowledge on Rangers. However I have played almost 4000 hours of this game with 3000+ hours of it being only Rangers. I know that sounds stupid, but I love bow chars in games like this. And of all the builds I ever played with a ranger, the totem/TR build is my absolute favourite, and it's a beast.
Any plans updating tree for 3.8?

Seems interesting build.
I keep seeing people suggest Trickster for this build (and even the author has said he is trying Trickster this league) but I have yet to see a single person post a POB or anything for a trickster variant, would any kind soul out there care to post the POB of their trickster version?
"
Shiek200 wrote:
I keep seeing people suggest Trickster for this build (and even the author has said he is trying Trickster this league) but I have yet to see a single person post a POB or anything for a trickster variant, would any kind soul out there care to post the POB of their trickster version?

Check out one of these and import: https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Trickster&skill=Toxic-Rain&toxic-rain-support=Ranged-Attack-Totem
Last edited by blaupe on Sep 19, 2019, 12:59:15 PM
"
Shiek200 wrote:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/jlncosta/characters - Trikosta

I`m still playing a Pathfinder on this build, and it`s still very strong.

I`m currently playing with different passives setup, using MoM + Mana with over and Acrobatics.

My Gear:

Any boss in this game is completely dissolved , and I`m also Tanky with the combination of MoM +
Doing Blight very easy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_TRn_vvV34

https://youtu.be/oXyNxR7rf8w

Uber Elder in 3.8, haven't updated gear much aside from bow.

EDIT: I suggest using Dread Banner for only 10% mana reserve and giving enemies less accuracy and replace Mirage Archer with Impale Support linked to our Toxic Rain setup (not the totems). This gives 60% chance to impale on hit and we hit so much, so building up to a couple dozens of banner stages isn't that hard. And then when our Vaal Grace is not active (assuming you have a gem slot for it, my Vaal Grace lasts for 14.64 seconds btw), we place the banner and gain up to 100% increased Fortify effect (40% reduced damage taken from hits for about 4.1 seconds) at 50 banner stages. I am rocking 3 endurance charges, max dodge, up to 96% chance to prevent any attack hits with vaal grace, double evasion flask and quartz flask which are up all the time and now up to 40% reduced damage from hits + immortal call (I'm using level 8 so once it consumes 3 endurance charges it gives another 66% less physical damage taken), and 6850 total life. I figure this is an easy way to get Fortify as a ranged character and the defense boost is massive during maps and deep delve encounters. Really recommend this!
A filthy casual
Last edited by Hologram_o on Oct 3, 2019, 12:20:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info