[3.9] Rangercosta's 4-Totem + Mirage Archer Toxic Rain (Deathless Uber Elder) - low/medium budget

ya. i typically shy away from totem builds but i think this will work well because not only do you have totems but you have your own toxic rain and mirage archer on top of it.

the biggest draw to TR is the slow. couple that with hinder and maybe maim somewhere if you can fit tombfist gloves or something, and things just cannot fucking move. its great. this is the main reason why i'll swap over is because it plays much more defensive.

ya im really really looking forward to it and may post my setup in the future once i get things up and running.
im starting to find it much cheaper to just multimod craft your own gear in each slot too, so it feels much more tailored and comfortable
Could you explain the choice between Master Alchemist and Master Toxicist? I think we are using Toxic rain with DOT chaos damage but Master Alchemist is about elemental damage.
Good question! I prefer Master Alchemist because that way you get more flask charges (minor passive) and also immunity to ailments, which is very nice defensively since your flasks can only do bleeding and movement, and this build is not super tanky. If you prefer a bit more damage, use Master Toxicist, but the damage increase won't be that much and you risk dying more often...also, we don't use virulence, so this node is not that great.
I've been wanting to try a chaos/poison Ranger for a while. So far, I am having a lot of fun with this build and love the versatility. Having totems to deal some extra damage while you dodge mechanics is awesome, while still maintaining the bow class feel with self attack TR. I did make a couple minor changes to suit my playstyle.

I went Master Surgeon for the bleed removal and additional life recovery. So, I then run Ralakesh instead of Rysthala and it allowed me to fit in a Witchfire Brew flask for the added DPS and still maintain a bleed removal.

If I can just replace my rings and gloves, I think I will be pretty happy with my gear. I would prefer a 40% TR damage enchant, but I was able to pick up the helm below for 1.5ex compared to 15ex. Seemed like a waste of currency to me...

Running T-15/16s with no issues.

"
EqOpHater wrote:
I've been wanting to try a chaos/poison Ranger for a while. So far, I am having a lot of fun with this build and love the versatility. Having totems to deal some extra damage while you dodge mechanics is awesome, while still maintaining the bow class feel with self attack TR. I did make a couple minor changes to suit my playstyle.

I went Master Surgeon for the bleed removal and additional life recovery. So, I then run Ralakesh instead of Rysthala and it allowed me to fit in a Witchfire Brew flask for the added DPS and still maintain a bleed removal.

If I can just replace my rings and gloves, I think I will be pretty happy with my gear. I would prefer a 40% TR damage enchant, but I was able to pick up the helm below for 1.5ex compared to 15ex. Seemed like a waste of currency to me...

Running T-15/16s with no issues.

Which helm enhanced will be better for damage? addition arrow or 40% more dam???
ty
"
BETTERPC wrote:

Which helm enhanced will be better for damage? addition arrow or 40% more dam???
ty

It depends. 40% more damage would probably be better for bossing and +1 arrow would be better for mapping. If you are going for pure damage numbers, then 40% damage for sure.
I just killed UberElder today on the first try. I lost 4 portals (No practice with the build, I just moved from my discharge build to this build and I went to UberElder).

I tried a different tree : https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAABeAO4FtQagCC4IiQqbFSAWvxg8GFYZjhm0HNwi4iP2JJ0mlSj6Kk0s6S2DMHwyCTWSNj03TDfUPydBh0WdRwZH4klPSshNklFHUq9TUlVLWW1cQF1oX5hh4mJaYqxkhGVNZ_xsCGxGbIxuaW6qcaFybHWedoJ8g3-AgseFMoazh8uMNo19jZKNv48aj0aPT4_6lQWXLZrgmvGbjZuhnaqet6OKpDmnCKebp9StSrTFtNG1CLVItfK3PriTvKq9J702vqfC7MSix53IDMqpzxXPMtDQ037V-Ni92-ffmOcK62Pr7u0_7YPuDu968W3xivaj9z331_m9-ej-Cv7I_xA=?accountName=afonsosp&characterName=SkInSVD

Potions that I`m using:

I increased damage alot with:

I'm using Mind over Matter and clarity to damage mitigation and I have 5.3k Life.

I need to improve my belt and I`ll try a new bow.
I`m doing now a new test, I forgot to change Master Surgeon to Nature`s reprisal , according with the build guide :)

How do I calculate the Toxic Rain DPS.

Regars,
Last edited by afonsosp on Jan 16, 2019, 7:10:07 PM
Hi,
As far as I know there is no good way to accurately calculate toxic rain DPS. The again, who cares? It kills Uber Elder quickly, so it should be enough for all current content :)
in pob under toxic rain it states how much damage over time it does per pod. so essentially you can see how much attack speed you have, how much duration is on the pods and how many pods you shoot to kind of get an idea of how much damage each pod can do per second, depending how many pods will be in range to do damage.

lets say your dot dmg is 50,000 for self cast, and you're using mirage archer. you attack at...4 attacks per second and the dot lasts say 1.7 seconds.
your totem is say 10,000 dot DPS at 3 attacks per second and dot is again 1.7 seconds total time.
every time you shoot out...lets say 6 pods.

ok so you will get max pods on the ground by the time the first ones start disappearing, so essentially the same time as your max duration, 1.7s in this example.
so to calculate how many pods will be on the ground, take your attacks per second and times it by your duration. 4*1.7 = 6.8 pods each doing 50k dps.

how many pods are doing damage is kind of up for debate, just say 50%. so your self cast damage will be 170,000 dps in this example.

mirage archer does 11% less damage and 60% less attack speed, otherwise everything else is the same. so mirage archer is 60,520

totems would be doing 102,000 because there is 4 of them, if all 4 are up.

tally em together and you get a grand total of 332,520 max dps from this example.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info