[3.9] Rangercosta's 4-Totem + Mirage Archer Toxic Rain (Deathless Uber Elder) - low/medium budget

"
xMustard wrote:

at that point, actually, totems are way less useful. you'd be better off using a lvl 21 CA setup in maloney's mechanism instead of a 4th totem from quiver.
Since you mention it, how does Maloney work exactly? Afaik it has 1 sec internal cooldown. Is this cooldown reduced by attack speed or anything? I see often people put there frenzy + withering touch, with only 25% chance to apply wither per attack and 2 sec wither duration are you managing to upkeep it? Or is it better to link it with curse on hit or culling strike or something similar? And will caustic arrow from maloney apply on hit effects only to 1 target or to every target hit by the puddle?

Quiver costs 6+ ex atm so not something I'd see soon on my budget, but would like to know what's the optimal use of it.
"
Viktranka wrote:
Since you mention it, how does Maloney work exactly? Afaik it has 1 sec internal cooldown. Is this cooldown reduced by attack speed or anything? I see often people put there frenzy + withering touch, with only 25% chance to apply wither per attack and 2 sec wither duration are you managing to upkeep it? Or is it better to link it with curse on hit or culling strike or something similar? And will caustic arrow from maloney apply on hit effects only to 1 target or to every target hit by the puddle?

Quiver costs 6+ ex atm so not something I'd see soon on my budget, but would like to know what's the optimal use of it.

there are tons of uses.
but yes it has a 1s internal cooldown and it will target where you target off the attack it procs on. cooldown recovery rate may apply to it, i imagine it does, but im not 100% sure. nothing else would affect its cooldown however.

you could use it to keep up frenzy charges, via frenzy. as well as curse on hit (for one target anyway). frenzy curse on hit despair.

using it for withered touch is completely useless

in synthesis flashback i used it with just a caustic arrow and dmg supports in order to help with my immediate up front dmg in this build. it worked out very very well and is extremely helpful in delve. would be great in legion as well.

CA would hit anything in its little aoe from the initial attack but the puddle doesn't hit, so they puddle cannot give any "on hit" effects.

ya its very surprising for me to see the quiver at 6ex+ right now. i didn't think it was that popular, and in flashback it was 40c. so.
Last edited by xMustard on Jun 19, 2019, 11:20:04 PM
"
xMustard wrote:
using it for withered touch is completely useless
Thanks for info, and yea was surprised to see so many toxic rain tricksters on poe.ninja use maloney with frenzy+culling strike+withering touch instead of the curse on hit setup I saw last season.

Dunno why it's so expensive, trickster is still a popular class, but majority play essence drain. I can understand that melee stuff is expensive (devoto above 1ex, lion's roar above dying sun in price etc.) since it's meta, but toxic rain is at like 2% currently, not even top 5.

I'm still trying to get used to the skill and I can understand the point of caustic arrow if it shoots it immediately, the worst moment is between shooting toxic rain and it landing, sometimes I die so fast and then all my toxic rains land and kill the rare mob after I'm dead already.
ya the biggest disadvantage of TR is the delay of damage, which can be very dangerous at times - especially in delve.
CA feels much more "poppy" since its damage is instant, but TR is just too fun. it also has an insane slow which can be way more defensive. especially if you stack it with maim, temp chains, hinder. things literally don't move.
yesterday i killed phoenix before it finished the animation of its first charge sweeping combo attack.

anyway, its a great skill and i love the playstyle of it. you really gotta stick and move. the biggest advantage with TR is you have mobility while the enemies do not. shoot a couple times, drop totems, move, shoot, move shoot move, drop totems move shoot move.
you'll be dancing around everything (especially legion) while they are stuck in place dying to death.

the most dangerous map mods are temp chains and enemies cannot be slowed below base speed, because it steals your mobility and makes your slow stacking irrelevant, which is your main survivability
Have no luck at corrupting skirmish, is point blank a thing?
Is it better then normal mods on skirmish or maybe worse/bad using?

Edit: Is this good bow for 1ex?

"
xMustard wrote:

May you help me good friend?
Last edited by j0hnnyclaymore on Jun 21, 2019, 9:42:13 AM
that is a good bow for 1 exalt and i guarantee its just price fixing or something. even with its very low atk spd, for 1ex its 6 linked and +3 with cdotm craft. yes

yes you can get point blank as a corrupt implicit. yes, its useless. if you're focusing on the damage over time aspect of toxic rain, point blank doesn't do anything as it requires hits
"
xMustard wrote:
that is a good bow for 1 exalt and i guarantee its just price fixing or something. even with its very low atk spd, for 1ex its 6 linked and +3 with cdotm craft. yes
Assuming it's out of range to get the best of both worlds, what would you choose, +3 bow or elder bow with vicious projectiles for pseudo-7-link?

I think this would be a Mid-Budget version I'm using on my Trickster Setup
Last edited by Desaroth on Jun 21, 2019, 8:19:54 PM
"
Viktranka wrote:
Assuming it's out of range to get the best of both worlds, what would you choose, +3 bow or elder bow with vicious projectiles for pseudo-7-link?

i will always personally choose elder bow.
this is my bow on legion now. ideally i could have gotten elders atk spd/atk spd if killed recently mod instead of the crafted atk spd, but i just didn't have the patience to spent 4000 alts on that shit

lvl 20 VP is better than gem lvls, and IMO chaos dmg/duration is better as well, because TR scales with duration so it equals out in damage.
i also do not need to use empower 4 in order to make the best out of the mods.

"
Desaroth wrote:

I think this would be a Mid-Budget version I'm using on my Trickster Setup

ya this is good too. you can easily get a 6L imperial bow. so without going elder and linking yourself etc, you can just farm or buy the 6L imperial cards and craft a +3 with cdotm and boom you got a great bow

again, IMO, i think 6L quill rain should be the 1st real bow you need to look to get (as trickster anyway, because you can use EB to never worry about mana). 6L quill rain will easily carry the whole game, but if you want crazy dps boost then you can look to craft a gg end game bow.

with quill rain i had about 3.5m dps and now i have 8-10 depending how many pods are doing damage at once. i have 9 pods and 120% inc aoe so there is TONS of overlap
Last edited by xMustard on Jun 22, 2019, 2:14:43 AM
I got that base for 1ex and was lucky on first try with 5c fossil crafting:

I know its not perfect I dont have non-chaos ailment yet :-/ and I only found 2ex so far ^^ What you think?

Would setting "prefixes can not be changed" and then using annulments remove all suffixes to multicraft?
Last edited by j0hnnyclaymore on Jun 22, 2019, 5:39:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info