[3.9] Rangercosta's 4-Totem + Mirage Archer Toxic Rain (Deathless Uber Elder) - low/medium budget

"
Hologram_o wrote:
https://youtu.be/oXyNxR7rf8w

Uber Elder in 3.8, haven't updated gear much aside from bow.

EDIT: I suggest using Dread Banner for only 10% mana reserve and giving enemies less accuracy and replace Mirage Archer with Impale Support linked to our Toxic Rain setup (not the totems). This gives 60% chance to impale on hit and we hit so much, so building up to a couple dozens of banner stages isn't that hard. And then when our Vaal Grace is not active (assuming you have a gem slot for it, my Vaal Grace lasts for 14.64 seconds btw), we place the banner and gain up to 100% increased Fortify effect (40% reduced damage taken from hits for about 4.1 seconds) at 50 banner stages. I am rocking 3 endurance charges, max dodge, up to 96% chance to prevent any attack hits with vaal grace, double evasion flask and quartz flask which are up all the time and now up to 40% reduced damage from hits + immortal call (I'm using level 8 so once it consumes 3 endurance charges it gives another 66% less physical damage taken), and 6850 total life. I figure this is an easy way to get Fortify as a ranged character and the defense boost is massive during maps and deep delve encounters. Really recommend this!

Hummm thanks for sharing.

I`ll take a look to test :) (My Setup is different)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBwm8YaTzzc
Red Elder

I`m a bit delay on this league, I`ll do UElder today and share the video.
"
afonsosp wrote:

Hummm thanks for sharing.

I`ll take a look to test :) (My Setup is different)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBwm8YaTzzc
Red Elder

I`m a bit delay on this league, I`ll do UElder today and share the video.

I look forward to it. Btw I just changed my setup a bit yesterday. I don't use double evasion flask anymore. Now I'm using Witchfire to get more dmg and so that saves 2 gem slots for Blasphemy + Despair aura. Instead I run Sand Stance from Flesh and Stone for blind/less attack dmg taken for some more available mana. This is also guaranteed blind, not the blind source from stibnite flask alone. In delve I'm still kinda vulnerable to so many different things, such as the blue icicles that rise from the ground from azurite mobs on death, as I really can't see things with the skill effects xD. Looking forward to seeing your setup and UE and other things too :).
A filthy casual
Last edited by Hologram_o on Oct 6, 2019, 11:06:35 AM
Well , couple of videos of 3.8 :)

Shaper -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZdd-CPz-Dw&t=3s
Elder Guardian randon -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXJ3plglqeM
Uber Elder -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ1x4pCsMg8

This build to the Blight League is fantastic, I did all my Blight Maps easly.
I tampered with TR main setup again today xD and I think this is also very good:
TR - Void Manipulation - Empower lv 4- Mirage Archer - Efficacy - Vicious Projectiles.

I figure that Swift Affliction really isn't the most ideal choice as it decreases TR duration which kinda sucks, so Empower lv 4 beats it in both power and skill effect duration.

I don't run Impale support anymore because I'm using War Banner rather than Dread Banner. I find it kinda clunky with Dread Banner, because when I have Fortify up I can dodge/evade other attacks/spells so all 50 stages of Dread Banner becomes useless. I guess it's poor synergy between these two. Totally underestimated Mirage Archer, it's just obscenely powerful when I have it back on.

War Banner + killing 50 monsters will easily build up to 50 stages couple times during a map and then I have a 4 second Adrenaline with 100% increased dmg, more move speed and attack speed and 10% physical damage mitigation. This is too strong to pass up. Also War Banner means more accuracy so that's always a good thing, and nearby enemies take more physical dmg is also a minor dmg boost for the hits. At 50 stages the AoE is even more ridiculous, covering everything on screen or even off-screen from what I saw. I also started using Dying Sun today and this destroys everything in my path. With Adrenaline up at 50 stages my TR DoT (not including any totems) in PoB shows about 102k DoT (not including Mirage Archer either).
A filthy casual
Major update for Blight League, making use of amulet anointment for double curse Bane for smoothing gameplay even more. Also changes with Grace and Craicean gear. Trickster version of build will be up soon.
Last edited by jlncosta on Oct 12, 2019, 9:28:26 PM
Thanks alot for the strong build and great guide. I was able to do uber elder deathless and the t1-15 blighted maps. This build is particularly strong for blight. Went trickster, but other ascendancy choices would probably be fine too. Here's my gear atm.

"
Hologram_o wrote:
I tampered with TR main setup again today xD and I think this is also very good:
TR - Void Manipulation - Empower lv 4- Mirage Archer - Efficacy - Vicious Projectiles.

I figure that Swift Affliction really isn't the most ideal choice as it decreases TR duration which kinda sucks, so Empower lv 4 beats it in both power and skill effect duration.

I don't run Impale support anymore because I'm using War Banner rather than Dread Banner. I find it kinda clunky with Dread Banner, because when I have Fortify up I can dodge/evade other attacks/spells so all 50 stages of Dread Banner becomes useless. I guess it's poor synergy between these two. Totally underestimated Mirage Archer, it's just obscenely powerful when I have it back on.

War Banner + killing 50 monsters will easily build up to 50 stages couple times during a map and then I have a 4 second Adrenaline with 100% increased dmg, more move speed and attack speed and 10% physical damage mitigation. This is too strong to pass up. Also War Banner means more accuracy so that's always a good thing, and nearby enemies take more physical dmg is also a minor dmg boost for the hits. At 50 stages the AoE is even more ridiculous, covering everything on screen or even off-screen from what I saw. I also started using Dying Sun today and this destroys everything in my path. With Adrenaline up at 50 stages my TR DoT (not including any totems) in PoB shows about 102k DoT (not including Mirage Archer either).

War Banner is indeed a great addition, and although it takes a bit to get used to, it's a great addition for bosses and delve! I've changed the skills to accomodate for that.
"
jlncosta wrote:

War Banner is indeed a great addition, and although it takes a bit to get used to, it's a great addition for bosses and delve! I've changed the skills to accomodate for that.

Yes, I've run a couple hundred encounters including maps, delve, temple, syndicates, T16s, uber elder and I barely ever die with war banner on, really. I'm still gaining more than losing exp from lv 95 to lv 97. However, I have a couple other suggestions that have played a huge part in my drastic survivability in 3.8.

1. Use Sand Stance from Flesh and Stone. This means a Stibnite flask is not needed anymore and its AoE is more reliable and gives less Attack dmg for stuff outside the aura. The aura is small so passives such as Lethal Assault/Charisma will help make it bigger a bit.

2. Use Witchfire Brew Stibnite flask alongside Dying Sun. I know it's kinda redundant, but it's actually not, especially in delve where I dash around and cover the whole screen in smoke cloud while my Sand Stance's AoE is limited. This flask gives Despair aura and more evasion, so that removes a Despair button to press. It gives a lot of damage boost and synergizes very well both defensively and offensively.

3. Jam Malevolence, War Banner and Sand Stance with Enlighten lv 4 and get some mana increase passives and it should be good enough. This makes room for Inc Duration support to be linked to Immortal Call and it can last up to 3 seconds with 3 endurance charges consumed.

4. More dmg option includes crafting "+1 to minimum frenzy charge" on ring to get more attack speed/cast speed and dmg all in one. This also means we probably don't need to spec into the totem cluster anymore as the totem cast speed is barely affected if you have like 2 perma frenzy charges.

Also other niche options you haven't mentioned and cheap include getting a source of adding cold and lightning dmg to attacks, or global addition. When totems are up and we fire a forest of TR and flasks are up all the time, ascendancy giving 20% chance to freeze and shock will be easily applied on any rare mobs that dare live long enough.

With the buff in life of rare mobs being doubled compared to 3.6, War Banner and these new additions I tried burst them down so quickly. Red Beast, Abyss spinners, Vaal Outpost monsters at depth 400 become a joke as they are shocked, frozen and poisoned all at the same time.
A filthy casual
Added link Trickster version of build :)
ya im back to playing my own version of this build - again. it just can't be beat for how easy, cheap, and powerful it is. nothing has come close.
i play exclusively in SSF now too, and its actually very easy to get rolling in SSF.

Current Gear

basically when starting out, as soon as you hit act 6 you can farm the twilight strand for the div card Thunderous Skies to get a Storm Cloud bow. this is basically exact same power as quill rain. less attack speed but more damage. either bow will work, but storm cloud can be farmed. either one will carry you until you can get a set of Imperial Legacy completed.
you can farm up a tabula if you want a 6L.
all other gear is completely open. even quiver, until you can get a skirmish, which you can do from farming einhar (shield/quiver turn in) or as a drop. it is pretty common, actually.

Withering Step works INCREDIBLY WELL with this build. especially if you want to play more defensive. it gives you a massive boost in dodge and movement speed and phasing in order to run around being safe after placing totems to let them do the killing.

i also think a self-cast steelskin cannot be beat. and using summon skitterbots gives you about 24% more damage, and an additional stacking slow. minor but present.

i used to prefer this build as trickster in order to go EB to not need to deal with mana issues at all. but with the inclusion of enduring mana flasks and raider buffs, raider beats out the multi-nerfed trickster by a mile now, i think. slightly less damage but way more survivability OTHER than sustain, which should be picked up somewhere. ideally i think i'd like to be running a cinderhollow flask for that regen on kill.

having capped evasion, capped dodge with withering step, and an absolute balls-ton of movement speed it really is hard to get yourself into trouble with this setup.

this build demolishes blight.
i picked out a dps tower i liked that could get the "deal full damage" anoint so i could focus on just that tower. TR gives all the CC you need. just a couple glacial cage towers near the pump in case a portal spawns on top of it and you're golden.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info