[3.10] Spidermancer | Arakaali's Fang Necromancer | Everything dead in 3ex | Level 100 reached

"
Mental_One wrote:
Sorry if this has been asked, but when i try and summon my spiders it sometimes only summons like 10-12 even after 2 flask usages. Am i doing something wrong?

You have to wait for the helmet mod proc, because it "eat" the corposes and also don't throw Desecrate so far. You can use it abit more far from your character while the worms escape "from" you. Just aim your cursor on the character while doing it. I'm sure you will get used to it and each time will be easier.

Btw. This is how Uber Elder looks like (by my Spidermancer):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzBlgLYK5Fc

Kinda funny build.
I like to summon things ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
IGN: @Dosarphic
"
Mental_One wrote:
Sorry if this has been asked, but when i try and summon my spiders it sometimes only summons like 10-12 even after 2 flask usages. Am i doing something wrong?

It's the number of corpses, not the number of mobs you kill. Try to get the worm between the 3 desecrates you create with spellcascade+desecrate.
@skyscan
What do you think about using Vis Mortis?
Wouldn't it boost more the Spider's dmg or still the Fenumu's is better?
i use desecrate then the flask i no spiders are summoning what am i doing wrong ?
"
fedaxxx wrote:
i use desecrate then the flask i no spiders are summoning what am i doing wrong ?

Sometimes (every 5sec) the desecrate is just consumed by the Feast of Flesh from helmet and it have to be YOU that need to kill the worms. They can't be killed by already summoned spiders or spectres/guardian (if using) or by other players.

Before using the amulet:

I found that easier to just kill the worms + shock monsters with Arc skill.
I haven't used curse on hit because of Solstice amulet and the Temp chains with blasphemy (my 2nd curse was Despair from flask).
Also I have noticed that often shocking/cursing ... well simply using the skill like Arc or Ball Lightning that I'm using now to apply curses counts pretty often as your kill so not always you have to stop to resummon spiders again.
Last edited by Dosarphic on Feb 6, 2019, 3:30:22 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm new to POE, only started playing at the tail end of December of last year. So apologies if my build is crap (it's my first character) and my questions noobish. :)

I always played summoner in Diablo, so was immediately drawn to the Baron build. But when I ran away from enemies my zombies followed. :) So eventually I tried to pick up different things here and there, and added skeletons (for DPS, and quick cast and forget, drawing aggro too with cannot evade attacks and some taunt/blind), spectres (carnage chieftain with blood magic), and animate guardian.

I was initially leading towards Mon'tregul zombies with Aurumvorax to easily cap my resistances. But then I realized I can cap my resists eventually with passive nodes and better gear, so could dual-wield Arakaali's instead; more melee minions buffed by Baron strength! :)

I can consistently generate 18 spiders via: desecrate --> desecrate --> channel winter orb --> the writhing jar (1 corpse is always out of radius it seems, thus no 20 spiders). This, even with spectres, guardian, and 13 zombies near me; just don't summon the skeletons nearby, they attack quicker than the winter orb!

My question is if I put curse on hit - enfeeble - temporal chains on the dagger, would that work for the spiders to apply the 2 curses? I'd rather not spread the curses with winter orb because that means I need to be near the enemies. :)

If I can get the spiders to spread the 2 curses, I plan to eventually do a 6L skeleton setup on my body armour, with zombies on +2 helm and Mon'tregul's buff.

I set my character profile to public, please be nice, I'm just level 79 on my first character. :) It is nowhere optimized, but at least you can see (more or less) what I'm trying to build.
Last edited by Angelicus03 on Feb 7, 2019, 4:06:10 AM
Hi all,

I have some player saying the dps of their spider minions, please, could you indicate me how can I calculate dps per spider?

Thanks in advance
IGN: Arzayos
"
Angelicus03 wrote:
Hi everyone!

I'm new to POE, only started playing at the tail end of December of last year. So apologies if my build is crap (it's my first character) and my questions noobish. :)

I always played summoner in Diablo, so was immediately drawn to the Baron build. But when I ran away from enemies my zombies followed. :) So eventually I tried to pick up different things here and there, and added skeletons (for DPS, and quick cast and forget, drawing aggro too with cannot evade attacks and some taunt/blind), spectres (carnage chieftain with blood magic), and animate guardian.

I was initially leading towards Mon'tregul zombies with Aurumvorax to easily cap my resistances. But then I realized I can cap my resists eventually with passive nodes and better gear, so could dual-wield Arakaali's instead; more melee minions buffed by Baron strength! :)

I can consistently generate 18 spiders via: desecrate --> desecrate --> channel winter orb --> the writhing jar (1 corpse is always out of radius it seems, thus no 20 spiders). This, even with spectres, guardian, and 13 zombies near me; just don't summon the skeletons nearby, they attack quicker than the winter orb!

My question is if I put curse on hit - enfeeble - temporal chains on the dagger, would that work for the spiders to apply the 2 curses? I'd rather not spread the curses with winter orb because that means I need to be near the enemies. :)

If I can get the spiders to spread the 2 curses, I plan to eventually do a 6L skeleton setup on my body armour, with zombies on +2 helm and Mon'tregul's buff.

I set my character profile to public, please be nice, I'm just level 79 on my first character. :) It is nowhere optimized, but at least you can see (more or less) what I'm trying to build.

Why are you using winter's orb? That does cold damage. With Elemental Equilibrium you're giving enemy mobs 25% cold resistance. That means the cold damage your minions gain from hatred is less effective. Use a lightning spell like ball lightning or orb of storm so they get -50% cold resistance instead.

Spiders on their own do enough dps that you don't need other minions. It'd be a waste to socket in anything other than damage increasing gems.

To add; It looks like you're spreading yourself too thin. In PoE, you want to focus on a single mechanic/skill and then support that skill through various others'. You're summon zombies, skeletons, spectres, and now spiders. Instead, try focusing on just 1 or 2 of those.
Last edited by FoldedCorner on Feb 7, 2019, 12:29:32 PM
i cant use the all the curse and auras cause i dont have enoguht mana any sugestions ?
"
skyscan wrote:
Why are you using winter's orb? That does cold damage. With Elemental Equilibrium you're giving enemy mobs 25% cold resistance. That means the cold damage your minions gain from hatred is less effective. Use a lightning spell like ball lightning or orb of storm so they get -50% cold resistance instead.

Spiders on their own do enough dps that you don't need other minions. It'd be a waste to socket in anything other than damage increasing gems.

To add; It looks like you're spreading yourself too thin. In PoE, you want to focus on a single mechanic/skill and then support that skill through various others'. You're summon zombies, skeletons, spectres, and now spiders. Instead, try focusing on just 1 or 2 of those.

Thanks for replying!

I should have started with noting that I wanted an AFK-ish build. Starcraft 2 stats says my APM is only about 40+. :) Was initially interested with golems (since you don't need to resummon them on a regular basis), but the cost of the items for that build is not for noobs (thank god for the Arakaali "nerf", the price for it is not exorbitant anymore). Thus the core Mon'tregul zombies; hopefully tough enough not to die that much, they stick close to you, and allegedly with 2 Violent Dead jewels would continuously use their slam ability that (again allegedly) doesn't miss (to apply taunt-blind).

I was actually super excited when I got my Arakaali dagger and tried out a pure Arakaali build. But I quickly found out that it wasn't for me unless I had other minions around; things got pretty intense when, during a fight (boss or otherwise), they just disappear! Then all enemy eyes are on you, just because you had no other minions; not exactly the AFK build I was looking for.

Oh, the winter orb is used purely to consistently generate the spiders while I have other minions around. The worms from the jar jump randomly, and right now I know of only winter orb (with just 1 gem, no links needed) can attack in all directions fast enough before your other minions kill the worms. I can put it in the weapon swap (but that would add another button to the sequence: X --> desecrate --> desecrate --> channel winter orb --> the writhing jar), or a socketed ring.

Yes, I think I have enough gem slots to setup some lightning damage for EE (I have some random gems here and there, especially on my Aurumvorax/Mon'tregul slot). But if i could put curse on hit - enfeeble - temporal chains on the dagger for the spiders to do the dirty curse work, I could definitely do some 3L/4L lightning setup.

And I guess this is where I'm coming from. The 3 gems curse on hit - enfeeble - temporal chains is something my build would use anyway (whether attached to some minion or something like arc). But with the simple addition of Arakaali instead of Aurumvorax, The Writhing Jar, and 1 gem slot for Winter Orb (which I could stick in weapon swap anyway) I add 18 spiders that my Baron strength, auras, curses, and whole minion-centric passive tree already support anyway. :)

Happy to get some more tips here! The build is an AFK Baron strength melee minion-centric one, and that's how I chose items and passive tree nodes.

Definitely correct me if I'm wrong here, but gem-wise am I not restricted to the direct gem links for a minion? For example, spiders from Arakaali is limited to the 3 direct gems on the dagger, similar to (for example) my skeletons limited to the 6L gems on my body armour. If I go to another equipment it just indirectly supports that minion, like a "4L arc/ball lightning - curse on hit - enfeeble - temporal chains"; but in this example this 4L EE-curse setup stands help all my minions.

But you are right, maybe the build is spread too thinly. Right now I only have a couple of auras and a couple of curses setup. I'm just not too sure my APM could pull off anything that requires triggering "cast when damage taken" or the like. :)

EDIT:

Super thanks for the ball lightning tip! It works even better/faster than channeling winter orb for spawning the 18 spiders even with 2 spectres, 1 guardian, and 13 zombies beside me: desecrate --> desecrate --> ball lightning to any direction --> quickly use the writhing jar. Even bigger plus that it has good synergy with EE to boot.
Last edited by Angelicus03 on Feb 7, 2019, 11:41:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info