[3.5] Ascendant Blade Flurry / Reave - Excellent Bosser - Fast mapping

3.5 changes: A lot less damage due to Statstick nerf, still more than enough to do all content easily.

INTRO
This is a cold conversion Blade Flurry build for bossing and Reave for clearing. With enough investment this build can reach 7+ million shaper DPS. This is the first guide I've written and it will be updated as time goes with more in-depth explanations for everything. Feel free to ask questions.

PROS
-One of the highest melee dps builds
-Fast clearspeed
-Excels at bossing
-Cheap, a good league starter and a ton of room for scaling
-Runs all mods except for "Cannot Leech" and "Ele reflect"
-HC viable (with a couple of tweaks)

CONS
-Very little mitigation - requires dodging boss mechanics
-Melee skill
-Forced to use Whirling blades

SKILLTREE
ASCENDANCIES

Grab Slayer node first, then go for Raider and after Uber lad get Path of the Duelist

BANDITS AND PANTHEON

BANDITS
Help Alira
Crit Multiplier adds a decent chunk of damage and the extra resistances makes it easier to itemize your character.
PANTHEON
Major
Soul of Arakaali
While you have Blood Rage, triggering Cast When damage taken makes you stop taking Damage over time Recently, thus giving you 50% extra Life Recovery.
Minor
Doesn't matter, personally I use Soul of Yugul for Uber Elder farming.

GEAR AND GEMS
GEM LINKS

For Bosses
Blade Flurry + Damage on full life + Elementa Damage with Attacks + Melee Physical Damage + Hypothermia + Concentrated Effect
For Clearing
Vaal Reave + Multistrike + Melee Physical damage + Damage on Full life + Hypothermia + Increased Area of Effect
Auras
Herald of Purity + Herald of Ash + Hatred + Enlighten
Movement
Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks + Fortify/Blood Magic
CWDT
Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal Call + Frost Bomb
Utility
Blood Rage + Ancestral Protector

GEAR

Stat Priority

Defenses
1)Resistances until 75%
2)Life
Offenses
1)Flat phys
2)Crit multiplier
3)%Increased elemental damage with attacks
4)Attack speed
5)Int (just enough to level up gems)

Budget/League starter gear

Weapons: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Wasp_Nest
Boots: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Kaom%27s_Roots
Gloves: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Tombfist_(1_Abyssal_Socket)
Body armour: Armour/Evasion (for easier coloring) body armour with life and resistances
Belt: Leather or Stygian vise with Life, resistances and %increased elemental damage with attacks
Rings: Rare rings with Life, resistances and flat phys
Amulet: Rare amulet with Life, resistances, flat phys and crit multiplier
Helmet: Rare helmet with Life and resistances
Jewels: %life, crit multiplier, attack speed
Abyssal jewels: Life, flat phys and crit multiplier

Endgame gear

Gloves: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Tombfist_(2_Abyssal_Sockets)
Body armour: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Loreweave
Rings: Steel rings with Essence of Hysteria mod, life, resistances and flat phys
Helmet: Rare helmet with the delve mod "Nearby enemies have -9% cold resistance", life and resistances
Amulet: Shaped amulet with "Gain as extra X damage", crit multiplier, flat phys, life and resistances
Weapons: Rare claws with 400+ pdps and "Hits can't be evaded" mod

Flasks

For maps, swap out the Diamond Flask with Crit for a Diamond flask with anti curse.

Watcher's Eye
You want the Conversion mod on your Watcher's eye. If you're looking to invest into a double Hatred one the mods from best to worst are ranked like this: Cold Penetration > Base crit > Added Cold damage

HOW TO CRAFT YOUR OWN GEAR

Claws

Alteration + regal spam until you hit Flaring (t1 Flat phys), Merciless (t1 %phys) or any combination of Celebration (t1 attack speed) + Flaring/Merciless
Once you have at least one of the Phys t1 mods, Annul until only the t1 mod is left. If you managed to hit 2 t1 rolls then use the imprint through the Bestiary crafting system before annuling
When multimodding, add whatever you can from the following:
Prefixes:
Hits Can't be evaded
Flat Phys
%Phys
Suffixes:
Attack speed + quality
Crit chance + quality

Rings

Essence of Hysteria spam until you have a ring with life, flat phys and some resistances

Helmet

Frigid + Pristine + Serrated fossils on a helm with the Blade Flurry enchant until you have a helm with the desired "-9% cold resistance" mod, high life and resistances.

POB LINKS
My Character at level 100
Last edited by doggggg on Jan 11, 2019, 8:06:52 AM
Last bumped on Mar 7, 2019, 6:27:01 PM
Why do you prefer claws over rapiers?
"
RosszEmber wrote:
Why do you prefer claws over rapiers?

When comparing the two claws just ended up giving me more damage. The only downside of claws is that you're forced to use Whirling blades.
Pretty good guide, what can i use "other than reave cuz i don't like that skill" to lvling? and to go aoe at high lvl? any sug?
"
KarmaCL wrote:
Pretty good guide, what can i use "other than reave cuz i don't like that skill" to lvling? and to go aoe at high lvl? any sug?

Level with either Sunder or Frostblades. I think you could also level with Rain of Arrows but I haven't tried that. Swap to Reave around level 70 when you've started equipping your end-game gear.
Hi i have no issue with guardian kills but t16 syndicate always melt me in sec
"
doggggg wrote:
"
KarmaCL wrote:

Level with either Sunder or Frostblades. I think you could also level with Rain of Arrows but I haven't tried that. Swap to Reave around level 70 when you've started equipping your end-game gear.

Oh! Ty dude! u're so awesome! i'll try with sunder! :D
"
Chocolate.Yes wrote:
Hi i have no issue with guardian kills but t16 syndicate always melt me in sec

I personally don't have an issue with this assuming I'm not just standing still. If you feel like you have more than enough damage then you could build more tanky. Get more hp nodes, helmet with "Taken as X damage" mod, grab phase acrobatics.
Should I be aiming to get accuracy on gear before i get the hits cant evade claws?
"
Truman1997 wrote:
Should I be aiming to get accuracy on gear before i get the hits cant evade claws?

Yes but never sacrifice life of resistances for it and use PoB to check how it compares to other stats. There's also accuracy nodes near the ranger start which are worth grabbing before the can't evade claws.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info