[3.8] Yet another Poet's Pen Volatile Dead boss tank - 8-10k/s life leech rate - 1M+ shaper DPS

Ya I was thinking the same as soon as I seen notes yesterday. I love this build, I’m a noob, Betrayal was my first league and I am super happy to be able to farm Uber Elder. Sure level 100 from breachrubs helped a bit (+4 on poets pen) but regardless I was planning on rolling this build next league as alt as well, now I am a little concerned.

If leech is based per each ball, than I think we will be fine.
Persistence makes impossible possible, possible likely and likely definite. Yep, Mirror will drop eventually -_-
Leech is always based on per hit, not per attack, so without calculating in my understanding this isn't a big change for this build, it will probably work as good as before for uber elder.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2333648

The Poet's Pen now only triggers spells socketed within it if you attacked with that specific weapon. Previously, dual-wielding The Poet's Pen would mean that you triggered spells from both weapons with each attack.

For my understanding, it seem this would be the main nerf of all Poet's Pen build. It seem half the effective aps (the one cycle triggered skills aps), instead of people think it would only trigger one skill from weapon slot 1 at all. Am i right?
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
Last edited by neohongkong on Mar 6, 2019, 3:15:58 AM
So i tried this build on 3.5 and was amazing.. even with no top gear was giving me so much fun... my question is simple after PP change, skill tree change and leech mechanics change, is it still viable and how?

thank you .
"
exsecror wrote:
So i tried this build on 3.5 and was amazing.. even with no top gear was giving me so much fun... my question is simple after PP change, skill tree change and leech mechanics change, is it still viable and how?

thank you .

There are quite a bit of changes, but it should work. The new attack speed cap is between 7-8 attacks per second, so you have to get near that, which will cause you to lose some damage.
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
"
"
exsecror wrote:

thank you .

There are quite a bit of changes, but it should work. The new attack speed cap is between 7-8 attacks per second, so you have to get near that, which will cause you to lose some damage.

Are you planning to do an update to the build for 3.6 on this post?
"
exsecror wrote:
Are you planning to do an update to the build for 3.6 on this post?

I already added a note at the top
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
hi,
could u update the passive tree plz.
ty

Mapping swaps:
Updated the whole guide to 3.6!

Summary of the changes:
The Poet's Pen nerf effectively halved the proc rate of spells while dual wielding, meaning that we need to double the attack speed previously used, needing a total of 7.6 attacks per second without cooldown reduction.
Swapped gloves to Insanity essence crafted ones with 16% more attack speed, at least 20% quality Frenzy, 20/20 Faster attacks support and Blood Rage. Replaced jewels and some passive tree nodes for the most efficient attack speed bonuses.
It is important that now you have to sustain your Frenzy mana cost, if your mana drops to 0 you lose the attack speed from the gems! For this reason I crafted mana cost reductions on my rings.

3.6 also introduced leech mechanic changes, but practically it doesn't affect this build.
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info