[3.8] Yet another Poet's Pen Volatile Dead boss tank - 8-10k/s life leech rate - 1M+ shaper DPS

"
brunofosho wrote:
Any ideas for a skill you could have in a weapon swap 6-link staff for clear and use the VD setup for bosses?

Now that the VD AI is fixed it should be ideal for clear too
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
"
neraritetov wrote:
why do i need life regen if i use vaal pact?

You don't, I have Vitality for the Watcher's eye life recovery rate mod only to increase leech rate
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Been playing a similar build to this one, a necromancer. The APS and the pre-fire damage is hilarious. The clear is... awkward. It takes so long after I press right click to cast desecrate (in my case), cast VD, then for the balls to actually explode. Especially since I'm used to starting one attack causing two casts, whereas now you have to finish two attacks to do the same. And apart from that issue, you're locked in place attacking for so long on every pack, and then getting to the next one takes its time as well. Do you have any advice for smoothing out mapping? I tried adding bodyswap, but so often it just takes me backwards or straight into a rippy rare... Even tried putting flame dash in a pen but ofc the cooldown ruins it.
"
BlazeB75 wrote:
Been playing a similar build to this one, a necromancer. The APS and the pre-fire damage is hilarious. The clear is... awkward. It takes so long after I press right click to cast desecrate (in my case), cast VD, then for the balls to actually explode. Especially since I'm used to starting one attack causing two casts, whereas now you have to finish two attacks to do the same. And apart from that issue, you're locked in place attacking for so long on every pack, and then getting to the next one takes its time as well. Do you have any advice for smoothing out mapping? I tried adding bodyswap, but so often it just takes me backwards or straight into a rippy rare... Even tried putting flame dash in a pen but ofc the cooldown ruins it.

So far I've been doing fine without a movement skill, just quicksilver and a movement speed boot swap, and actively trying to go ahead of the balls, dont wait for them to home in, try to see how many balls are enough for most packs and dont cast more.
Someone mentioned Lightning Warp + Less Dur + Desecrate works well, I belive it would try that one if I would need a movement skill.
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by Márkusz on Sep 20, 2019, 2:15:30 PM
Is there a point to using vitality and Vaal Pact? Wouldn't the node negate any effect vitality has?
"
muddogjake51 wrote:
Is there a point to using vitality and Vaal Pact? Wouldn't the node negate any effect vitality has?

is there a point to writing a guide and answering questions to people who don't read?
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
With Blight, you can add a node in the amulet. Which is the best in your opinion
"
Márkusz wrote:
"
BlazeB75 wrote:

So far I've been doing fine without a movement skill, just quicksilver and a movement speed boot swap, and actively trying to go ahead of the balls, dont wait for them to home in, try to see how many balls are enough for most packs and dont cast more.
Someone mentioned Lightning Warp + Less Dur + Desecrate works well, I belive it would try that one if I would need a movement skill.

I've tried lightning warp/less duration. I didn't think it was all that great tbh. I think the skill really needs that 3rd link to feel good.

EDIT: Tried it again. It's actually fast enough. But when it doesn't work well man does it suck. Having to take it off for Blight. And nothing worse than getting stuck on something during a Betrayal and having to spam life flask because you're getting hammered to hell and back. I think personally I prefer to use movement flask and flame dash and have the ability to keep my distance. You take alot of unnecessary damage with those movement skills.
Last edited by percydaman2 on Sep 26, 2019, 9:47:52 AM
"
percydaman2 wrote:
I've tried lightning warp/less duration. I didn't think it was all that great tbh. I think the skill really needs that 3rd link to feel good.

EDIT: Tried it again. It's actually fast enough. But when it doesn't work well man does it suck. Having to take it off for Blight. And nothing worse than getting stuck on something during a Betrayal and having to spam life flask because you're getting hammered to hell and back. I think personally I prefer to use movement flask and flame dash and have the ability to keep my distance. You take alot of unnecessary damage with those movement skills.

Yea I remember my biggest problem with LW was the targeting, unlike any movement speed that always moves at least in the direction of the cursor, with LW if your cursor is over a point where you cant warp to the skill does absolutely nothing.
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by Márkusz on Sep 26, 2019, 12:24:53 PM
Looks really good, can't see the Pob now, though I have some questions:

why don't you use a body swap for bosses? It's the teleport that bad?

Can you just use eye of Innocence and Ngamahu's sign to trigger desecrate and gain leech on a budget?

No 4 link frenzy+FA+Cull+Rage?

Which ascendancy should I get first?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info