So account and or gear linking coming when?

"
hank_maccoy wrote:
You are saying that a XBox gamer need to reregister on this forum to see his Xbox badge and Characters?
IMHO, I think it'd better a XBox gamer can link his forum account to Xbox gamertag and choice what to show (PC or Xbox statistics)

Now, if that is the case that would just suck big time, period. In fact enough for me at least not to ever bother with it and just keep the one I already have here.
If I can´t merge this/my own one here that I already have here on this forum and can´t just merge it with the one Xbox thing I have, I am never ever gonna bother with any of it.
Cause when and if I´m merging I will most certainly keep my Forum name here, and my Xbox name badge as an seperate linked to this one. Or at least have the option to show it if I so wish to.

Because I most certainly think that some people for a number of reasons wish to may merge Accounts but also have the opportunity to stay private with their true Xbox names.
Hopefully we will be able to do our own sort of "linking". For example, put our Xbox handle into our forum signature (or whatever the text appended at the end of a post is called).

But, I'd really like to
- be able to have a forum alias for my Xbox ID (for the same reasons that I like not having to use my email ID for PC posts)
- be able to add clickable names for my other platform IDs to a platform ID's post; something like adding stuff to the info to the right of the text:
Posted by
AnExile_onthePath
Xbox: Xbox Forum ID
PS: PS Forum ID
on date and time of post

My hope would be to continue using my current Forum ID for posts, have an option to keep my Xbox handle off the radar (the leader boards already provide a potential link, but presumably they would start using my Xbox Forun ID rather than my Handle), and provide an option for one click access to my Contribution Frames and Character info.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
Well forum and showing off badges is one thing. One thing I couldn't care less about, I am more interested in all the other features the Website support provides, like importing your characters with your current gear into path of building. Thats something I look forward to. Sharing your build, get newer players some help by just linking their profile. Who gives a crap how much anyone spent on the game.
I'm curious how quoting someone in my situation will be. My forum name and Xbox Gamertag are exactly the same. Will I get a notification on both? Will my other one get quoted and I will never know on the one I am logged in as?

I assume it has something to do with the new "pc" tag in quotes, and that console will get "xbox" or "ps" tags to quote their profile. If that is the case, can we use multiple quote tags to get a message on both? If so, will there be a way to assign both tags to come up automatically when some clicks the quote button (presumably in account settings)?
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
Last edited by Corrison on Mar 25, 2019, 12:01:03 PM
"
Corrison wrote:
I'm curious how quoting someone in my situation will be. My forum name and Xbox Gamertag are exactly the same. Will I get a notification on both? Will my other one get quoted and I will never know on the one I am logged in as?

I assume it has something to do with the new "pc" tag in quotes, and that console will get "xbox" or "ps" tags to quote their profile. If that is the case, can we use multiple quote tags to get a message on both? If so, will there be a way to assign both tags to come up automatically when some clicks the quote button (presumably in account settings)?

I think we will chose one of two (or three) in account management of forum.

Platform: a)PC b)PS c)XBox

something like that. Then it will act based on what we chose on forum till we change it again.
"
filix wrote:
Well forum and showing off badges is one thing. One thing I couldn't care less about, I am more interested in all the other features the Website support provides, like importing your characters with your current gear into path of building. Thats something I look forward to. Sharing your build, get newer players some help by just linking their profile. Who gives a crap how much anyone spent on the game.

I proposed one click access to everything - both forum info and character info. Are you opposed to linking the accounts with a one click method, or are you suggesting that only character information should be so easily obtained???
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
Wasn’t this supposed to happen today . The account linking ?
Crickets ..
Anyone at GGG going to update us on this? Was supposed to go live with PS4, obviously that hasn't happened, is there a new target date, is this imminent or are there new issues that will delay it further?
"
Thilandor wrote:
Anyone at GGG going to update us on this? Was supposed to go live with PS4, obviously that hasn't happened, is there a new target date, is this imminent or are there new issues that will delay it further?

I see they have quite a bit of PS4 integration all set up with accounts and icons in their leaderboards. New PC account icons, and nothing for Xbox... I'm assuming it was pushed back again with no notice to us, just like chat implementation that was supposed to be before PS4 release also (this was stated around New Years and can link if needed).
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
So, ok. We are into April and we were told we should be able to link our (those who wish so) Accounts on the day of Playstation release or some kind of Patch recently released.

So then I would like to know: How are we going about to do this linking now, when it is upon us?!

I´m so (cough) excited for this. Yaayy. Almost in need of some fireworks here too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info