So account and or gear linking coming when?

Trying to help with some Xbox specific builds and this is a major feature we need. I can take individual pics of every piece of gear, then load them to a 3rd party site like Imgur. But this is very tedious and will require extra pics for gem links. The other option is to type out every stat on every piece of gear, which is also no bueno.

Even if we just had a pastebin code linked to our characters that we could use in PoB and to link to would be amazing. I know everyone is just starting to get back from the holidays and this isn't something that can be done right away. But any kind of acknowledgment would be a great start.
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
Last bumped on Apr 8, 2019, 6:07:48 PM
Yeah I just uploaded all my gear into a PoB

Took a bit to do. As I needed to find the gear, name it then add in each individual stat for each item.
Such a pain.

But we need to remember they just hired the PoB guy in late November, early December.

So I hope this is on their list of things to get done in the upcoming months.

"
xPeleusx wrote:
Yeah I just uploaded all my gear into a PoB

Took a bit to do. As I needed to find the gear, name it then add in each individual stat for each item.
Such a pain.

But we need to remember they just hired the PoB guy in late November, early December.

So I hope this is on their list of things to get done in the upcoming months.

I was hoping that same thing. OpenEarl will have a lot of work cut out to get something like this going.
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
I suspect that we should expect more stuff like "B to identify" that is entirely within the game play and less of stuff that involves the network or possibly M$.

The fear on the general forums was that POB would languish and the hope was that the tool tips would greatly improve (at least on the posts that I read, that is).

Honestly, I do not really see how the POB guy could help with linking up our stuff - unless he has other talents of course. Once it is linked, then he could probably be useful making sure that POB could load it (if there was something atypical regarding the linked date for example).
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
+1
+1 af
With some luck it may be a reality this ´19. If not, it won´t ever happen. Other then that, I suggest you read the actual official FAQ for Xbox. And more then that there isn´t really more to say.
Hello everyone,

The architecture for the website is actively being worked on. When this is complete it will allow users to login to their Microsoft, and/or Sony account when it's been implemented. This is a very time consuming task, which has been under development for quite some time. We're aware of how important this is to console users and hope to have it complete soon.
"
Jeff_GGG wrote:
Hello everyone,

The architecture for the website is actively being worked on. When this is complete it will allow users to login to their Microsoft, and/or Sony account when it's been implemented. This is a very time consuming task, which has been under development for quite some time. We're aware of how important this is to console users and hope to have it complete soon.

Thanks for the update! Do we have an estimated ETA?
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
"
Corrison wrote:
"
Jeff_GGG wrote:
Hello everyone,

Thanks for the update! Do we have an estimated ETA?

From the sounds of it, it won't be out until after next league.

It will be somewhere around the end of May at the earliest to the end of the year or later.

Companies should never give ETA's because the public holds to an ETA as "That's when it is coming out" and not as a "Possibility for when it might come out".

If GGG tells us that it would be the might end of April or later for this, and April comes and goes and May starts you would see on posts on here yelling at GGG saying "HEY YOU SAID END OF APRIL"

Trust me it will happen this is the internet.

EDIT***

"
Jeff_GGG wrote:
Please see my response in this thread for more information regarding the website development which should allow for this.

And this is from Jeff from the Using PoB website. The link comes here to this thread.

So we talked before about the Dev of POB being hired by GGG back in November.
We did not know at that time what he might be doing but we do now.

Seems like he has been working on the Account linking of PoB and getting our accounts to link here to the site.

Good News for us.

But folks this is going to take time. Do not think it is a push of button fix.

It took the Dev of PoB years to make it in his free time. So for him to learn how Mircosoft and Sony have their systems set up on their end so he can get things to work is going to take time.

He has only been there for 3 months if that.

Last edited by xPeleusx on Jan 25, 2019, 8:40:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info