[3.5] Occultist Vortex/Cold Snap ES/CI - Deathless and Safe Uber Elder and T16's

Just wondering any particular reason why you don't take frost walker for this build? It seems to me like it would be a no brainier choice as several +15% damage minion nodes are taken and frost walker + the node leading up to it combine to equal 15% each plus an upside in cold resist. Thanks!
Last edited by darklord22 on Jan 7, 2019, 3:06:12 AM
Flame me! Here is what I've done with the build so far. I've done many deathless uber elders and shapers already with this exact setup. I know the ES is kinda low at 131.3k but I went for a little more damage instead. I also have a special surprise in my jewel sockets :)

https://pastebin.com/SJ6pWi4U

Bring on the roast!
"
Anointedone wrote:
"
Dezrow wrote:
Can this build use only Cold Snap? Too much active buttons.

It uses literally two buttons(one most of the time). Vaal cold snap/Vaal discipline aren’t even needed, it’s like a luxury if you want to clear faster or to burn down a boss. So, two buttons is too much?

2 buttons? Vortex+cold snap and orb of storms for bosses+phase run always. 4 buttons already.
"
Dezrow wrote:
"
Anointedone wrote:
"
Dezrow wrote:
Can this build use only Cold Snap? Too much active buttons.

It uses literally two buttons(one most of the time). Vaal cold snap/Vaal discipline aren’t even needed, it’s like a luxury if you want to clear faster or to burn down a boss. So, two buttons is too much?

2 buttons? Vortex+cold snap and orb of storms for bosses+phase run always. 4 buttons already.

You skipped the part with having trigger socketed spells on your weapon though
Been hugely enjoying this build. Currently sitting at 11.2K ES with a few nodes left to grab, and around 400K DPS in PoB. Nothing really poses a challenge, and I sleeper'd Hydra last night. Have had terrible map RNG this league, so Hydra is the only guardian I've gotten.

My gear currently is:

My friend got the spider beast last night, so I'm planning on getting the recipe from him, crafting that onto a better ring or amulet, and then replacing the belt with Bated Breath, since I'm res capped and that would give me another ~700 ES. Still working on fossil crafting a helmet and weapon, and then getting a higher ES chest. Rings in general could use some work. Working with about a 9EX budget atm.

Not entirely sure why I kept leveling up Phase Run, so probably gonna get a lower level one later to reduce my dex requirement.

Also going to experiment later with Soul Catcher for Vaal Cold Snap, to see if I can get the build to clear maps a little faster.
Last edited by Slithid on Jan 7, 2019, 8:22:05 AM
Alright, time for an update from me - didn't change anything since last time, but killed Uelder deathless today, was my first deathless run and 5th kill total. Super smooth build, i think i died once since i specced into this character - insane how good this build is.
IGN: FluffyMetamorph
I've got a question:

When im using enfeeble, Discpline and the spider aspect as active aura with enlighten lvl2 i only got 80 mana left. thats only enough for 1 vortex. is this normal? how can i get more mana?
Last edited by Kindareagle on Jan 7, 2019, 12:14:54 PM
"
Kindareagle wrote:
I've got a question:

When im using enfeeble, Discpline and the spider aspect as active aura with enlighten lvl2 i only got 80 mana left. thats only enough for 1 vortex. is this normal? how can i get more mana?

use Enlighten 3, and take Deep Thoughts.
Hit maps like an hour ago, and just finished uber lab at level 72 with this trash gear:

Spoiler

Had like, 1.5k hp and 4.5k es at the time. Aswell as 47-ish k tooltip dps.
And I mean, Izaro literally just melted away.. Extremely easy :P

Thinking about trying out the vaal cold snap variety with Solstice vigil and soul ripper, but unsure how to maintain VCS through maps.

I mean, do you just kill a few mobs for charges etc, pop soul ripper, pop VCS and run?

Do you need both soul ripper and soul catcher? And you just alternate between them or something?

I wanna run vcs in maps, and use vortex as my single target :)
Last edited by Erayo on Jan 7, 2019, 1:37:04 PM
Here is my progress in SSF HC Betrayal btw, lvl 91

How is Mastermind for this build? Just unlocked it but I've heard bad things (rippy/buggy) so holding off for now.

Need to craft a better weapon but out of fossils. Need better boots but the temple spell dodge is so hard to beat. Need better belt but just alt regaled a usable one for now since I just found the base. But otherwise, cruising through T11 no problems!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info