[3.5] Occultist Vortex/Cold Snap ES/CI - Deathless and Safe Uber Elder and T16's

Props to you for this build. I chose to gave up a portion of my defences to run a Carcass Jack as my main armor. Did Uber Elder with 1 death (woulda been deathless if I had been more careful) on a 5 link! This has been the most fun build for me so far in terms of playstyle, and the fact that it makes the Syndicate possible is the icing on top of the already exquisite cake. Keep up the fantastic work man!
Made your build today and i must say it made uber elder look like a trash mob. Totally stress free and dps is very nice.
Sitting at 8.9k ES using Incandescent Heart chest which is very nice chest for CI builds.

Good Job, this is how build shoud made.

Edit: Seems that i didnt even respecced my ascendancy from last build lol.
Last edited by Muru69 on Jan 7, 2019, 11:55:57 PM
"
DrChizza wrote:
"
Kindareagle wrote:
I've got a question:

When im using enfeeble, Discpline and the spider aspect as active aura with enlighten lvl2 i only got 80 mana left. thats only enough for 1 vortex. is this normal? how can i get more mana?

Correct me if im wrong here but you dont turn on Discipline, you only use the Vaal version.

??? lol? No.
Pls say bad map mods. (Impossible or very difficult).
"
kip81636 wrote:
Pls say bad map mods. (Impossible or very difficult).

Ele Reflect is bad because you deal damage with the hit portion of your Vortex / Cold Snap. If you're really careful you can deal with it but I wouldn't recommend it. No regen is also annoying due to mana. I think that's it.
Did my first deathless Uber Elder ever with this build, so thanks for that.

I made a few changes of my own though. I use Temporal Chains instead of Enfeeble because I use a Solstice Vigil, which allows me to not reserve mana with TC and as such lets me support it with Enhance for even more slow. Combined with Aspect of the Spider, regular enemies barely hit you and even the bigger bosses are noticeably slower. I also believe that TC is in general a better option for ES builds since we can tank big, infrequent hits due to our massive hit point pool and quick recharge, yet the smaller, more frequent hits are the ones that kill us as they don't allow us to recharge. I also took out a few nodes and used them to get an extra jewel socket for a The Vigil jewel, which gives me Fortify for over 30 seconds (and even more if you have Shaper's Presence) when I do a weapon swap.

Below is my gear. The belt is the part of the gear that sucks the most. My rings could also use a bit of work.

what are two best rolls to get on a watcher's eye for this build :)
Nice build. I want ask why EE in this build, There isn’t damage conversion of hit part of vortex.
Thanks for this awesome build, im really enjoying playing. That's my build and i think at the end game like t16+ maps and contents my damage kinda feels deficient. I know sceptre i use not perfect but anything else for help?

Spoiler
Thx for all the hard work putting this together.
I can say that this build is insane, only thing I didn´t do jet is uber Elder mainly because I was to lazy so I didn´t try.
Even a deathless Hall of Grandmasters (solo)

I only looked over it for some new info because Im running pretty much the same as you do.
So plz forgive me if my "input" is already written somewhere ;)

What I can´t stress out enough is that Betrayal is THE league to go CI for those who did not recogize jet: Betrayal is a monster crafting league!
With Leo 3* in Research you get 1-2 free Exalted crafts! (not the currency)
With Hillock 3* in Fortification you get 28% Q on every armorpiece!

If you learn how the syndicate works you can farm these crafting options! (besides great currency) also Hillock works on Uniques as Apep´s or Sin Trek...

You can (if you are lucky) Beastcraft some pre/suf -fixes too.
+Delve craft of cause.

I selfcrafted a huge part of my gear with next to no currency (well and insane crafting luck I admit):

these 3 are all self crafted.

There are also 2 Uniques I want to mention as an (expencive) option:

no more bleed makes things wonderfull I can tell you :)

oh and all this with a still kind of bad scepter ;)

UPDATE:

3 Bound + Prestin Fossils and an Anulment Orb later:

sadly the Anulment hit the Spell crit instead of the life gain, but thank god not one of the important mods! Now (as I mentioned) I will go farm Leo and hope for some godlike rolls on the 2 free prefix slots :)
IGN: Dunkellicht
Last edited by blackdrain on Jan 8, 2019, 2:58:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info