3.6 CI Occultist Vortex Starter/Endgame Build Guide | Tanky | Budget | All Content +Video

hi, i see you take a passive skill point on the "whisper of doom" for additional curse, but i do not see you use any curse gem beside the froestbite. can u please explain for me?
"
LeeKai wrote:
hi, i see you take a passive skill point on the "whisper of doom" for additional curse, but i do not see you use any curse gem beside the froestbite. can u please explain for me?

Thats for Despair curse provided by the Witchfire Brew Flask.
Btw if you don't like it you can just pick another 3 points jewel.
I think that can be better better but haven't tested it. I was about to test but I got a new job in another city and unfortunately had to stop playing the game.
You might of already answered this, but how do you think the general map clear is compared to lets say storm brand elementalist? I want a league starter that can do uber elder carries as well as map quickly, this looks easy as peanuts for ub elder but the mapping looks iffy. Thanks!
I started this build lately because I want to do Uber Elder for my first time. haven't got there yet, but I'm lvl 84 with 270k shaper dps:
Spoiler

I've taken few turns on my build as you can see, and mainly it's using different jewels: "Might of the Meek" on witch area, and "Energy from within" next to "Melding" wheel.

"Might of The Meek" touch all normal nodes, without taking down any of the important notables. So overall it gives me:
* 30 int
* 2% Energy Shield
* 5% Energy shield recharge
* 2% Mana recharge
* 20% increased damage (40% increased, minus 20% from losing Blast Radius)
* 4% cold damage over time Multiplier
* 15% Chill duration
* 5% effect of Chill
* 2% chance to freeze
* 10% freeze duration
* No area of effect lose (10% lost from Blast radius, but 10% increased from two nodes next to it)
* Free up one skill point

I think these are too many benefits to consider anything else in the slot.

For items though .. CI Cold damage over time is a meta build nowadays, and the demand for items is high it makes them expensive to buy. So I can't hit 11k ES, and I have 'Energy from within' to help a little. Also not able to buy reasonable ES Gloves with Aspect of the Spider, nor helmet with the right enchantment.

Gotta be some time, but hopefully I'll be there before league ends.
"
Durnz wrote:
"
LeeKai wrote:

Thats for Despair curse provided by the Witchfire Brew Flask.
Btw if you don't like it you can just pick another 3 points jewel.
I think that can be better better but haven't tested it. I was about to test but I got a new job in another city and unfortunately had to stop playing the game.

Despair is huge buff to damage on normal mobs, but way less important on Shaper/Guardians due to -80% curse effectiveness. Which is weird, because you don't need it against packs, but only against bosses. It's still good against map bosses, Izaro (Uber Lab), and deep Delve levels.

I put these 4 points in "Heart of Ice" branch much earlier, to get full benefits from "Might of Meek"
"
givemelight wrote:

Despair is huge buff to damage on normal mobs, but way less important on Shaper/Guardians due to -80% curse effectiveness. Which is weird, because you don't need it against packs, but only against bosses. It's still good against map bosses, Izaro (Uber Lab), and deep Delve levels.

Thats why you gotta to simulate all the stuff.. even with the reduced effectiveness it can be better in some situations.
And I don't have time to check that anymore. FeelsBadMan :(
"
You might of already answered this, but how do you think the general map clear is compared to lets say storm brand elementalist? I want a league starter that can do uber elder carries as well as map quickly, this looks easy as peanuts for ub elder but the mapping looks iffy. Thanks!

The map clear is great. Not insane, just great.
Vaal Cold Snap is very good for mapping
"
givemelight wrote:
I started this build lately because I want to do Uber Elder for my first time. haven't got there yet, but I'm lvl 84 with 270k shaper dps:
Spoiler

I've taken few turns on my build as you can see, and mainly it's using different jewels: "Might of the Meek" on witch area, and "Energy from within" next to "Melding" wheel.

"Might of The Meek" touch all normal nodes, without taking down any of the important notables. So overall it gives me:
* 30 int
* 2% Energy Shield
* 2% Mana recharge
* 20% increased damage (40% increased, minus 20% from losing Blast Radius)
* 15% Chill duration
* 5% effect of Chill
* 2% chance to freeze
* 10% freeze duration
* No area of effect lose (10% lost from Blast radius, but 10% increased from two nodes next to it)

I think these are too many benefits to consider anything else in the slot.

For items though .. CI Cold damage over time is a meta build nowadays, and the demand for items is high it makes them expensive to buy. So I can't hit 11k ES, and I have 'Energy from within' to help a little. Also not able to buy reasonable ES Gloves with Aspect of the Spider, nor helmet with the right enchantment.

Gotta be some time, but hopefully I'll be there before league ends.

That looks so good by showing all the bonuses like this but thats what matters
30 int
* 2% Energy Shield
* 20% increased damage
And you can get all of that in 1 rare jewel and maybe more except for the 1 skill point. What would you get with that point?

Gotta check that on PoB and prices to be sure but it doesn't seems good.
Last edited by Durnz on Feb 14, 2019, 5:37:31 PM

That's 4ex jewel from market (the only one with these mods), it would come short in terms of energy shield, but will make up for dps.
It already count the returned bonus from Blast Radius, but it would come short again if you put the extra point in any of the 12% increased damage nodes near 'Growth and Decay' for instance.

So "Might of the Meek" is better with 1.2ex at Betrayal at the moment.

On the other hand, This jewel cost 25 ex:

And it gives exactly the same es as Might of the Meek (Because 30 int gives same es as 6% increased es), but comes short on terms of dps, even without the extra passive point used.

Jewels with three "% increased damage" mods and one ES mod will be way rarer, more expensive, and worse than jewels with cold damage over time multiplier.

For the extra point, I might save three point leading to "Amplify" in templar area, add them to the saved point, and put four points to Trickery in assassin area.

Or I could get another attributes node (dex/str) and have better mods on gear instead.
Cool. That's an upgrade I haven't thought when I started this build.
It's not sometihing huge, just an upgrade.
Maybe something to have when you don't have anything else to upgrade.

Thanks for the explanation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info