3.6 CI Occultist Vortex Starter/Endgame Build Guide | Tanky | Budget | All Content +Video

"
romulotl13 wrote:
I was thinking about The beast fur Shawl, it gives some ES, and a recovery rate that is cool.

What do you guys think ?

Low ES and the 5% increased damage taken is not so good :(
"
Imurgod wrote:
please explain to me why "zealots' oath" was taken? We have very little life regen if any at all. how it works with CI build? ty

Sulphur Flask gives you some regen and the enchantment on boots too. Thats not so bad. It can helps against bleed or ignite.
Vortex damage enchant its the best one ?
"
Vortex damage enchant its the best one ?

I think so
Hey, how do you have mana to sustain aspect, discipline, frostbite, clarity?
Can you possibly take a look at my gear, and give me some ideas?

Edit - Unlearned Elemental Overload for now, until I start killing bosses. Took some mana nodes instead.
Last edited by Adstringo on Jan 3, 2019, 6:09:11 PM
"
Adstringo wrote:
Hey, how do you have mana to sustain aspect, discipline, frostbite, clarity?
Can you possibly take a look at my gear, and give me some ideas?

Edit - Unlearned Elemental Overload for now, until I start killing bosses. Took some mana nodes instead.

I think you should be fine on mana sustain.
But pick this point shwon in the pic and maybe 2 more levels on clarity gem. I think that can help you
Spoiler

"
Durnz wrote:
"
Zhain wrote:
I know you'd lose a good chunk of ES this way, but what do you think about using the cold variant of the Impresence neck (or Solstice Vigil for a less budget option)? 100% reduced frostbite or temp chains mana reservation sounds pretty nice considering I don't have Enlightens up and running yet.

Just have to compensate for the lost ES/resists I assume? Solstice Vigil has damage on it, Impresence does not.

EDIT: Actually, does the added flat cold damage on Impresence ruin the Ele Equilibrium? In which case that would be no good and you'd have to go with Solstice Vigil.

About Impresence and/or Solstice Vigil, I don't think they are good options for ES builds. I really don't see the need for using them. Specially losing a lot of good mods in an amulet.
About Elemental Equilibrium, if you have any added cold damage to spells that would ruin your EE.
If you can have a Solstice Vigil you can buy a Shaper Amulet with Cold Damage over time Multiplier which is the best mod for boosting the Vortex Damage and get some stats + ES and maybe some resists on it. So I think thats the best option.

Btw, I looked your profile and you're using Discipline + Frostbite + TC + Clarity? Since you doesn't have an extra curse (Whispers of Doom) You shouldn't reserves mana with 2 curses. So if you keep activating only 1 for now you should be ok until you get the enlighten gem. If you socketed 2 curses but you're using only 1 you shouldn't have any mana problems. If you do, try to find an item with 50% mana regen (ring or shield) and you'll be fine I think.
Even if you get Whispers of Doom I don't think you could use that setup and not have mana problems. 2 curses reserves more mana than using 1 curse + Aspect of the Spider and I am on limit of the mana reservation.

TY for the advice, I appreciate it. I am only using Frostbite, no Temp Chains at the moment, but was trying to figure out a way to run it as I don't have access to Aspect of the Spider right now. Need to make some currency and get a decent 6L chestpiece first thing I think, and better ES gear in general. Would it be cheaper to try and get AotS on a ring or gloves or boots? Also still using Rainbowstride as a budget item atm.

Just got a T3 Gem room in the Temple too, is it worth trying to corrupt for a Level 21 Vortex?
"
Zhain wrote:
Spoiler
"
Durnz wrote:
"
Zhain wrote:
I know you'd lose a good chunk of ES this way, but what do you think about using the cold variant of the Impresence neck (or Solstice Vigil for a less budget option)? 100% reduced frostbite or temp chains mana reservation sounds pretty nice considering I don't have Enlightens up and running yet.

Just have to compensate for the lost ES/resists I assume? Solstice Vigil has damage on it, Impresence does not.

EDIT: Actually, does the added flat cold damage on Impresence ruin the Ele Equilibrium? In which case that would be no good and you'd have to go with Solstice Vigil.

About Impresence and/or Solstice Vigil, I don't think they are good options for ES builds. I really don't see the need for using them. Specially losing a lot of good mods in an amulet.
About Elemental Equilibrium, if you have any added cold damage to spells that would ruin your EE.
If you can have a Solstice Vigil you can buy a Shaper Amulet with Cold Damage over time Multiplier which is the best mod for boosting the Vortex Damage and get some stats + ES and maybe some resists on it. So I think thats the best option.

Btw, I looked your profile and you're using Discipline + Frostbite + TC + Clarity? Since you doesn't have an extra curse (Whispers of Doom) You shouldn't reserves mana with 2 curses. So if you keep activating only 1 for now you should be ok until you get the enlighten gem. If you socketed 2 curses but you're using only 1 you shouldn't have any mana problems. If you do, try to find an item with 50% mana regen (ring or shield) and you'll be fine I think.
Even if you get Whispers of Doom I don't think you could use that setup and not have mana problems. 2 curses reserves more mana than using 1 curse + Aspect of the Spider and I am on limit of the mana reservation.

TY for the advice, I appreciate it. I am only using Frostbite, no Temp Chains at the moment, but was trying to figure out a way to run it as I don't have access to Aspect of the Spider right now. Need to make some currency and get a decent 6L chestpiece first thing I think, and better ES gear in general. Would it be cheaper to try and get AotS on a ring or gloves or boots? Also still using Rainbowstride as a budget item atm.

Just got a T3 Gem room in the Temple too, is it worth trying to corrupt for a Level 21 Vortex?

-Would it be cheaper to try and get AotS on a ring or gloves or boots?
I don't know. Gotta check trade site and find something that fits in your build. I found some pair of gloves rly cheap but there was no resist then I had to get resists in my other piece of gear.

-Just got a T3 Gem room in the Temple too, is it worth trying to corrupt for a Level 21 Vortex?
Yea.. Quality and level is rly good but you could try to get something like Vaal Blade Vortex Level 21. It is more expensive and more profit for you If you want
Hey man, I feel like im struggling hard.. Im lacking so much damage, im having a hard time killing regular map bosses and syndicates.. Am I supposed to use regular cold snap on top of vortex or something? I am using all available skill bar slots, so I cant really do that. Even when checking pob and leveling my gems to 20-21 in pob, im still only at around 500-600k shaper dps, thats so low..

https://pastebin.com/rYKcW6xk
"
Adstringo wrote:
Hey man, I feel like im struggling hard.. Im lacking so much damage, im having a hard time killing regular map bosses and syndicates.. Am I supposed to use regular cold snap on top of vortex or something? I am using all available skill bar slots, so I cant really do that. Even when checking pob and leveling my gems to 20-21 in pob, im still only at around 500-600k shaper dps, thats so low..

https://pastebin.com/rYKcW6xk

To be honest you got something like 400k without Vaal RF.
With 300k dps I did Uber Elder in 5 min. You got more than me in my first UElder kill.
Check the videos section and look at my pastebin of my first kill.. I was weaker than you. The dps will not be the best but is not that bad either. With all the gear I have now I have 600k Shaper dps and I killed UElder in 3 minutes. Thats not low.

And for bosses you must use Vortex + Cold Snap and try to save Vaal Cold Snap and Vaal Righteous Fire for bursting bosses using them all together.
Last edited by Durnz on Jan 8, 2019, 6:04:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info