3.6 CI Occultist Vortex Starter/Endgame Build Guide | Tanky | Budget | All Content +Video

Thought this would be a good place to post my league results for my Vortex Occultist. Everything is self crafted, some bases purchased.

The 38% opal scepter I bought for 2 ex early league, crafted 30% cold damage and multi crafted. When fossils were released I crafted damage when on full life. The other one was an experiment. An experiment that, honestly doesn't increase your DPS as much as you'd like, in fact per POB it reduced mine. I dual wield more than using a shield.

In total, I crafted and sold 40-50 Fingerless Silk Gloves that were "acceptable for use." These were the best outcome of none shaper gloves. I spammed about 400 delirium on a pair of shaped fingerless and not once did I get a single with CDOTM. Onslaught boots are, well, onslaught boots.

"Second best" chest I've crafted this league. I had another that was slightly more es, but no stats and garbage suffixes. Bought the belt for 1 ex. Can't really beat perfect fire resistance on a belt that would otherwise be possible to get without exalt slamming after fossil crafting.

I ran around with similar rings for a while with t1 ES and t3/t2 cold damge. When I swapped to dual wield I lost a lot of resists from passive skill tree and had to recraft rings. Bought both the bases for about 1.3 ex total and dense spammed them. Not bad outcomes. The neck was a long, twisted dense/frigid spam that I had annulled level 22 disc off instead of my target crap mod. I finally got this and gave up.

Crafted these early in the league and never could get my resist in line with using it. But oh well, it sits and hopes.

I swap in the shield for... some stupid crap like a horrible cortex boss, otherwise I run around pressing W and right click while everything dies, including an elder that doesn't take much longer than his damn speech.
Last edited by CanisVY on Apr 27, 2019, 12:04:34 PM
"
Thought this would be a good place to post my league results for my Vortex Occultist. Everything is self crafted, some bases purchased.

The 38% opal scepter I bought for 2 ex early league, crafted 30% cold damage and multi crafted. When fossils were released I crafted damage when on full life. The other one was an experiment. An experiment that, honestly doesn't increase your DPS as much as you'd like, in fact per POB it reduced mine. I dual wield more than using a shield.

In total, I crafted and sold 40-50 Fingerless Silk Gloves that were "acceptable for use." These were the best outcome of none shaper gloves. I spammed about 400 delirium on a pair of shaped fingerless and not once did I get a single with CDOTM. Onslaught boots are, well, onslaught boots.

"Second best" chest I've crafted this league. I had another that was slightly more es, but no stats and garbage suffixes. Bought the belt for 1 ex. Can't really beat perfect fire resistance on a belt that would otherwise be possible to get without exalt slamming after fossil crafting.

I ran around with similar rings for a while with t1 ES and t3/t2 cold damge. When I swapped to dual wield I lost a lot of resists from passive skill tree and had to recraft rings. Bought both the bases for about 1.3 ex total and dense spammed them. Not bad outcomes. The neck was a long, twisted dense/frigid spam that I had annulled level 22 disc off instead of my target crap mod. I finally got this and gave up.

Crafted these early in the league and never could get my resist in line with using it. But oh well, it sits and hopes.

I swap in the shield for... some stupid crap like a horrible cortex boss, otherwise I run around pressing W and right click while everything dies, including an elder that doesn't take much longer than his damn speech.

OP. I'm speechless. Very beautiful gear omg. How much ES do you have?
12,300 dual wield. When specced into the increased shield ES, around 17k
Does hypotermia and elemental focus and stack?
"
xturin wrote:
Does hypotermia and elemental focus and stack?

For this build (Cold DoT) yes, for hit damage no.
Enemies doesn't need to be chilled to get the DoT bonus from Hypothermia.
Last edited by Durnz on Apr 30, 2019, 7:23:14 AM
Has anyone done this SSF? If so how is it or do you think it would work well?
Thanks for a great build!
At last I killed uber elder, first time with one death, now doing deathless.

I changed tree a bit (took area nodes instead of reduced mana) and went low life with Coward's legacy and Atziri's reflection.
Currently with 1.3kk Dot dmg and 12.5k ES.
Here is a pastebin https://pastebin.com/4Zj2Wcr0

And my gear.

Crafting advice for ssf

I have this sceptre:

I have finally hunted down the multimod recipe and I have 1 (yes one) annulment orb and 3 ex.

Is it worth removing the master craft and trying to annull of the crit roll?

I have zero currency left (no alterations etc), so cannot remake the sceptre anytime soon..
"
Crafting advice for ssf

I have this sceptre:

I have finally hunted down the multimod recipe and I have 1 (yes one) annulment orb and 3 ex.

Is it worth removing the master craft and trying to annull of the crit roll?

I have zero currency left (no alterations etc), so cannot remake the sceptre anytime soon..

Well, even if you remove the cold damage wouldn't be so bad. what gives you 2/3 chance to not ruin it, but if you remove the cold damage you'd have to try again what would be another 50/50 to not destroy it completely. If you have no currency to do that now don't try or accept to use a bad scepter
"
macseem wrote:
Thanks for a great build!
At last I killed uber elder, first time with one death, now doing deathless.

I changed tree a bit (took area nodes instead of reduced mana) and went low life with Coward's legacy and Atziri's reflection.
Currently with 1.3kk Dot dmg and 12.5k ES.
Here is a pastebin https://pastebin.com/4Zj2Wcr0

And my gear.

hmmmm something feels a bit off. how are you only doing 1.3m shaper dps with that gear? I went LL with shav's and am doing 2m (10.6k ES). before that was using an aul's and a normal ES chest, was already doing 1.4m shaper dps (11.2k ES).

(my helm is a CD helm, not 40% vortex dmg)

my pastebin, if you want
https://pastebin.com/z4mPcEdb
Last edited by SonsOfKorhal on May 1, 2019, 7:45:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info