Lesser Multiple Projectiles

Unavailable
Unavailable
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Jan 10, 2018, 1:44:29 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I'm using this gem with lightning arrow on my ranger and it doesn't decrease my damage. Seems to be bugged.
Last edited by Danos on Mar 25, 2012, 10:31:32 AM
so this does not grant any increase in damage unlike its big cousin, due to its low penalty i think ?

At the same time, i'd call this a supportive version of Split Arrow, without being as active.
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
The letter for this skill is 'a', just like for the increased accuracy support gem. Very confusing if you are using both.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
"
dust7 wrote:
The letter for this skill is 'a', just like for the increased accuracy support gem. Very confusing if you are using both.
Fixed, thanks.
I really liked this support gem. It seemed pretty simple at first, split damage across multiple projectiles. This would imply that your skill loses some of its direct punch to be able to hit more enemies. However, the more I played, the more I found out this wasn't true. Little nuances in the way the skill functioned, such as the distance at which you aim the spell affecting the degree of splitting between projectiles, let you get over double damage if you were willing to click 'beyond' a monster. I don't know if this was intended, but I liked the option of being able to manually aim my spells(as opposed to just clicking on the monster) for increased effect.

The splitting dynamic became even more interesting as my fireball splash radius increased. I found out that if I timed it right, and aimed at the right spot, I would be able to catch multiple monsters in the splash radius of 2 or 3 fireballs. This interesting synergy allowed me to use an underpowered spell(from what I hear) as my goto/bread and butter move to devastating effect.
Why doesn't this gem stack with itself? If I get two of these, I should be able to shoot 5 arrows at an appropriate reduced damage.
yea i tried using 3 of these and they dont seem to add up. but an essential gem for an archer aoe damage . realy great
Gems of the same type never stack. But you can stack lesser multi with greater multi (for a whopping -80% damage).

I have one major gripe with this support gem: projectile SPELLS supported by it are able to hit the same enemy with multiple fireballs/ice spears/etc. This does not work for arrows or wand-attacks.

The problem here is that multiple projectiles should not be a gem to maximize your single-target dps, but with projectile spells it does exactly that (while maximizing dps vs multiple targets at the same time, of course). Casters using projectile spells should be forced to use two instances of their projectile spell as well (just like archers or wand users have to with their projectile attacks), one with multi for multiple targets, one without multi for single targets.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
Last edited by dust7 on Apr 3, 2012, 10:39:26 AM
"
dust7 wrote:
Gems of the same type never stack.

Well, this is the crux of my issue. Why can't support gems stack? If you get 4 Minion Health, why not have massive tank pets (Because you're not going to be able to put much damage on them if you spent all your slots on health.)

IMHO, it would give another level of player distinction.
Last edited by Andir on Apr 3, 2012, 12:49:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info