[3.6] Herald of Viper Assassin - Melt all Content! - [BUDGET FRIENDLY] - 2 MIL+ DPS

This build looks verrry interesting. I've been looking for a use for these:

Do you think these gloves would be worth using in a variant of this build? Not sure if I would go Assassin, Scion, or some other oddball variant.

Cheers!
"
puaiohi wrote:
This build looks verrry interesting. I've been looking for a use for these:
[Gloves]

Do you think these gloves would be worth using in a variant of this build? Not sure if I would go Assassin, Scion, or some other oddball variant.

Cheers!

Those gloves are pretty cool. If you opt in not using an Assassin or Scion, then these pair of gloves will be quite good to socket Viper Strike in. Not really in the damage sense, but the utility it brings since our real damage is coming from the Agony Crawler.

You definitely save some links by using the gloves if you don't get the 40% poison node. Definitely a cool pair of gloves though.

Thanks for stopping by. Hopefully you give the build a try. :)

Let me know if you have any questions or need something cleared up.

Good luck!
*Want to try out some fun hipster builds? Check out my thread below!*
[Build/Stream Thread]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2246315
I've been using a Tabula, currently 79 Assassin. Nice build, it's wrecking face.

Haven't got a Calamity yet as the prices are nowhere close to what you advertised....from 1 chaos (lol) they're at 25c for a corrupted 5 link. Next is 50, then 158, both 5 link, and then the 5 links start at an ex. Looks like someone read your build and decided to gouge.
Last edited by Asetha on Jan 15, 2019, 6:03:51 AM
"
Asetha wrote:
I've been using a Tabula, currently 79 Assassin. Nice build, it's wrecking face.

Haven't got a Calamity yet as the prices are nowhere close to what you advertised....from 1 chaos (lol) they're at 25c for a corrupted 5 link. Next is 50, then 158, both 5 link, and then the 5 links start at an ex. Looks like someone read your build and decided to gouge.

It is exactly what I advertised. The initial price of the item is exactly as I said unless the price changes during the course of the league, and checking it, it still has not changed from what I advertised (http://poe.trade/search/aonihimihinima). 1 chaos or less still during this league. You obviously need to socket it and link it yourself unless you have the currency to buying it in that fashion. Getting 5 sockets and 5 linking it is WAY cheaper than 6 sockets and 6 linking. It is when you are trying to 6 link it where it gets expensive. Even on a minimum 4 link setup with it, you are still dealing 1 million plus damage.

The actual core items of this build is stupidly low in price.

I find it cheaper to socket and link things yourself. Only if I am desperate would I buy something 6 linked. I usually just craft and socket/link things myself. Buying the initial items at the low price is much more budget friendly. It is obviously going to cost more if you buy it from someone else. The extra price in buying it in that manner is simply a convenience fee.

Honestly, getting a 5 link and socketing at least for me only takes like 10-20 jewelers and 10-20 fusings. Heck, if you want me to do it for you on stream, just ask. I would even do it for free since it is so cheap to do in the first place. It is stupidly cheap just to solo 5 socket or 5 link something. RNG Jesus isn't too mean with anything 5 link or lower. It's when you throw a 6 link into the equation where it gets to be a headache but honestly, my luck in 6 linking isn't too bad in general. I think I have 6 linked maybe 10+ items so far in this league already and within a respectable amount of fusings.

Also, I don't even know why you are throwing corruptions into the equations either. The armor works just fine without any corruptions. Even a regular 5 link of the armor sits at around 25-30 chaos which is still on the cheaper end, but socketing and linking it solo would probably be even cheaper. If you are telling me it is too expensive to 4/5 link a piece of armor, I think you are playing this game incorrectly. You can even do cheap guaranteed 4 socket on the bench if you are really that worried about over using jewelers. :| You still get crazy damage even on a 4 link. Sounds budget friendly to me.

Thanks for using the build though, but I don't understand the reasoning for the gouging when the prices still remain the same even from when I posted this guide. :|

Let me know if you want me to 5 link your gear or something since it seems to be too expensive for some. :S
[Build/Stream Thread]
Last edited by Bakuhakubasugasu on Jan 15, 2019, 9:55:36 AM
How is this build any different from the Guided Assassin Build on Twilight Strand ?
"
How is this build any different from the Guided Assassin Build on Twilight Strand ?

Are you talking about the Pathfinder version? https://sites.google.com/view/thetwilightstrand/guided-builds/guided-pathfinder

Both of the builds use Herald of Agony, but both use different mechanics for survival. For my build, it is a melee version where the poison is inflicted from Viper Strike. Viper Strike inherently has 60% chance to poison, so with just one passive node from an Assassin, we can get it to 100%. With no investment, we already get 100% chance to poison.

We also use Ornament of the East which has 100% hit rate on enemies so we are always applying poisons to get our Virulence stacks. We have instant leech from the weapon too.

There are a lot of different Herald of Agony builds out there. I just wanted to have my own version of it and went the melee route. Since they are a Pathfinder, this means they cannot use a shield. My version also uses Victario's Charity as its shield. On hit we have a chance to grant our minions a Frenzy Charge which easily scales the already busted damage that the Agony Crawler can do.

I could keep listing things over and over, but honestly, just reading a bit of the guides and comparing them, you will notice the difference pretty easily. Honestly, the range version might be a lot safer in a sense since you apply your stacks from a range, while my build you have to get in their face. I just wanted to go a different route instead of the cookie-cutter builds out there.

It is really just your choice. One thing to note though, the core items for the build are stupidly cheap to purchase.

Good luck!
[Build/Stream Thread]
"
"
Asetha wrote:

It is exactly what I advertised. The initial price of the item is exactly as I said unless the price changes during the course of the league, and checking it, it still has not changed from what I advertised (http://poe.trade/search/aonihimihinima). 1 chaos or less still during this league. You obviously need to socket it and link it yourself unless you have the currency to buying it in that fashion. Getting 5 sockets and 5 linking it is WAY cheaper than 6 sockets and 6 linking. It is when you are trying to 6 link it where it gets expensive. Even on a minimum 4 link setup with it, you are still dealing 1 million plus damage.

The actual core items of this build is stupidly low in price.

I find it cheaper to socket and link things yourself. Only if I am desperate would I buy something 6 linked. I usually just craft and socket/link things myself. Buying the initial items at the low price is much more budget friendly. It is obviously going to cost more if you buy it from someone else. The extra price in buying it in that manner is simply a convenience fee.

Honestly, getting a 5 link and socketing at least for me only takes like 10-20 jewelers and 10-20 fusings. Heck, if you want me to do it for you on stream, just ask. I would even do it for free since it is so cheap to do in the first place. It is stupidly cheap just to solo 5 socket or 5 link something. RNG Jesus isn't too mean with anything 5 link or lower. It's when you throw a 6 link into the equation where it gets to be a headache but honestly, my luck in 6 linking isn't too bad in general. I think I have 6 linked maybe 10+ items so far in this league already and within a respectable amount of fusings.

Also, I don't even know why you are throwing corruptions into the equations either. The armor works just fine without any corruptions. Even a regular 5 link of the armor sits at around 25-30 chaos which is still on the cheaper end, but socketing and linking it solo would probably be even cheaper. If you are telling me it is too expensive to 4/5 link a piece of armor, I think you are playing this game incorrectly. You can even do cheap guaranteed 4 socket on the bench if you are really that worried about over using jewelers. :| You still get crazy damage even on a 4 link. Sounds budget friendly to me.

Thanks for using the build though, but I don't understand the reasoning for the gouging when the prices still remain the same even from when I posted this guide. :|

Let me know if you want me to 5 link your gear or something since it seems to be too expensive for some. :S

Humbly begging forgiveness, i'm extremely new at this (joiner after the Diablo Immortal launch). It is as you said, base is super cheap. I thought the item in your gear guide would be 1c....a bit naive of me :)

i've got a 5L now, and a bone helm and Stark hat. I have a question about the socket colors....is it possible to get 3 blue, 1 green in the bone helm or Stark in under 60 chroms? I think Stark would be better for me, for the life mods. Currently in maps at lvl 85, dying when my stupid pc drops fps (known chipset issue in mobo socket, gpu is 1080 ti. waiting on Ryzen 3) quite often and it's killing my progress. Got your boots, resists are capped, one day might try to link the 6th socket on my Calamity but i think the 50 fusings i have aren't near enough by a factor of 20.

Thanks for the response, I really appreciate it.
"
Asetha wrote:
Humbly begging forgiveness, i'm extremely new at this (joiner after the Diablo Immortal launch). It is as you said, base is super cheap. I thought the item in your gear guide would be 1c....a bit naive of me :)

i've got a 5L now, and a bone helm and Stark hat. I have a question about the socket colors....is it possible to get 3 blue, 1 green in the bone helm or Stark in under 60 chroms? I think Stark would be better for me, for the life mods. Currently in maps at lvl 85, dying when my stupid pc drops fps (known chipset issue in mobo socket, gpu is 1080 ti. waiting on Ryzen 3) quite often and it's killing my progress. Got your boots, resists are capped, one day might try to link the 6th socket on my Calamity but i think the 50 fusings i have aren't near enough by a factor of 20.

Thanks for the response, I really appreciate it.

No harm done. It was just a minor misunderstanding. As for the helmet, getting 3 blues is going to be really difficult. For a Bone Helmet, it isn't too difficult because it has a 'int' requirement on it, but with Starkonja's Head, it will be difficult since you are trying to get 3 off colors and all blue at that.

My buddy had the socket recipe and swapped the colors on mine for me. He has the 3 socket as one color recipe. Now, I won't say that it is impossible, but getting 3 off colors is extremely slim and especially with that low of an amount of chromatics.

Good luck!
[Build/Stream Thread]
"

"
Are you talking about the Pathfinder version? https://sites.google.com/view/thetwilightstrand/guided-builds/guided-pathfinder

Both of the builds use Herald of Agony, but both use different mechanics for survival. For my build, it is a melee version where the poison is inflicted from Viper Strike. Viper Strike inherently has 60% chance to poison, so with just one passive node from an Assassin, we can get it to 100%. With no investment, we already get 100% chance to poison.

We also use Ornament of the East which has 100% hit rate on enemies so we are always applying poisons to get our Virulence stacks. We have instant leech from the weapon too.

There are a lot of different Herald of Agony builds out there. I just wanted to have my own version of it and went the melee route. Since they are a Pathfinder, this means they cannot use a shield. My version also uses Victario's Charity as its shield. On hit we have a chance to grant our minions a Frenzy Charge which easily scales the already busted damage that the Agony Crawler can do.

I could keep listing things over and over, but honestly, just reading a bit of the guides and comparing them, you will notice the difference pretty easily. Honestly, the range version might be a lot safer in a sense since you apply your stacks from a range, while my build you have to get in their face. I just wanted to go a different route instead of the cookie-cutter builds out there.

It is really just your choice. One thing to note though, the core items for the build are stupidly cheap to purchase.

Good luck!

No, the Guided Assassin build on Twilight strand uses almost similar concepts, take a look at it. It uses Viper strike + HoA + Abyssal Cry as mob clear.
"
No, the Guided Assassin build on Twilight strand uses almost similar concepts, take a look at it. It uses Viper strike + HoA + Abyssal Cry as mob clear.

My build is actually completely different. In general, I make my own builds from scratch so I didn't know about the builds on Twilight Strand. But yeah, though we both use Herald of Agony and Viper Strike, the two builds are completely different.

My version of the build focuses on the actual Agony Crawler from Herald of Agony. Their build is focused on damage over time with poison. This makes the builds completely different even though the same skills are used.

For my build, both trash and bosses get melted easily from the Agony Crawler. Their build is a poison build, while my build is an actual minion/summoner build. If you take a look at the skill trees just from a glance, you can see that my tree is based in the top and top left where all of the minions nodes are at. Viper Strike in my build is not meant to do damage, but just to apply poison to stack up the Virulence stacks for Herald of Agony.

Honestly, the builds on Twilight Strand are really just for beginners and easy to start out. My build is extremely budget as well, but the actual gameplay is very different from your typical builds. We get a whole lot more damage with my build too but it is understandable because both builds are fundamentally different from one another.

Hopefully this clears things up a bit more. The differences I mentioned in my earlier post also still remain the same as well. You can use whatever builds suits your taste, but if you are looking for a simpler type of build, you could use theirs instead. Though my build is extremely budget as well, how to maneuver the build might be a bit difficult if you are not used to this kind of playstyle.

Good luck though! Let me know if you need any other clarifications or help.
[Build/Stream Thread]
Last edited by Bakuhakubasugasu on Jan 18, 2019, 2:19:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info