Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.6] Herald of Viper Assassin - Melt all Content! - [BUDGET FRIENDLY] - 2 MIL+ DPS

"
Converge57 wrote:
Hi,

I'm just levelling up to get the build going and was wondering how are you dealing only fire damage to kick off the EE buff please? :)

Also, have you tried Necromancer? Some nice damage buffs there? Though have to find a way to get the final 20% chance to poison i guess.

You can just get some added flat fire damage to attacks through rings, jewels and etc. A jewel might be easier though. Just make sure you look at all of your other items and jewels and make sure you aren't dealing any other elements.

If you're worried, you can also pull your character into Path of Building, and then look at the calculations tab. That way you can see what elements your Viper Strike is hitting as.

But yeah, get some flat fire damage to attacks on your jewel and you're set. :)

Good luck!
*Want to try out some fun hipster builds? Check out my thread below!*
[Build/Stream Thread]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2246315
"
"
Converge57 wrote:
Hi,

I'm just levelling up to get the build going and was wondering how are you dealing only fire damage to kick off the EE buff please? :)

Also, have you tried Necromancer? Some nice damage buffs there? Though have to find a way to get the final 20% chance to poison i guess.

You can just get some added flat fire damage to attacks through rings, jewels and etc. A jewel might be easier though. Just make sure you look at all of your other items and jewels and make sure you aren't dealing any other elements.

If you're worried, you can also pull your character into Path of Building, and then look at the calculations tab. That way you can see what elements your Viper Strike is hitting as.

But yeah, get some flat fire damage to attacks on your jewel and you're set. :)

Good luck!

Ah cool thanks, I thought it was some other sort of mechanic i just hadn't seen! cheers :)
Last edited by Converge57 on Mar 3, 2019, 3:51:46 PM
"
Converge57 wrote:
Ah cool thanks, I thought it was some other sort of mechanic i just hadn't seen! cheers :)

Yup, it is just really simple. Honestly, the build is so simple, but yet so effective. Starting out with it might be a bit annoying, but when you switch over to Herald of Agony and start using the Coming Calamity, it just becomes broken.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Good luck!
[Build/Stream Thread]
So, there are lots of changes affecting the build.

Bone Helmet got nerfed, Hatred nerfed. Endgame got affected with the attack speed removal from Tombfist.

The new ring looks nice but doesn't work together with the build's chest armor. I don't think replacing the chest with the new ring will be worth it.

So what's your take on all this?
"
fluteboxlee wrote:
So, there are lots of changes affecting the build.

Bone Helmet got nerfed, Hatred nerfed. Endgame got affected with the attack speed removal from Tombfist.

The new ring looks nice but doesn't work together with the build's chest armor. I don't think replacing the chest with the new ring will be worth it.

So what's your take on all this?

Honestly, I haven't touched PoE for quite some time now every since some games came out. I don't know when I will get back to updating my guides or trying out Synthesis, but if I do, it will probably be sometime later.

I haven't read much about the patch/update notes either but only kind of going off of word of mouth and some small notes that I read. Tombfist is totally not needed. It was only there for intimidate, so using rare gloves over it is an easy change. Hatred got nerfed a bit, but you can easily drop it if you want to use something else. I mean, it will open up 50% of your mana so you can kind of choose what other aura you want to use.

Even something like Haste would work too, that way you can get some more speed for your already fast Agony Crawler.
[Build/Stream Thread]
Hello!

I am currently trying this out in Synthesis.
Must say the levelling process is actually much easier than I feared.
That crawler hits like a freight train.

I was just wondering if going trickster for the added sustain and survivability would be a benefit or not.
With Viper Strike and HoA we're sitting on 80% poison chance. With the claw for non evadable hits I'd say we're good enough on that front, no?

I don't know. Trickster just seems like the superior choice, Noxious Strike excluded. But with 80% poison chance we'll be "wasting" 20% from Noxious Strike.
The Ghost Dance + Escape Artist + Patient Reaper from Trickster just seems so much more tasty or I might be biased against Assassin.

I read that you're not currently playing, but I'd still like your take on this comparison?

Thanks for your work so far!
"
SayroMovie wrote:
Hello!

I am currently trying this out in Synthesis.
Must say the levelling process is actually much easier than I feared.
That crawler hits like a freight train.

I was just wondering if going trickster for the added sustain and survivability would be a benefit or not.
With Viper Strike and HoA we're sitting on 80% poison chance. With the claw for non evadable hits I'd say we're good enough on that front, no?

I don't know. Trickster just seems like the superior choice, Noxious Strike excluded. But with 80% poison chance we'll be "wasting" 20% from Noxious Strike.
The Ghost Dance + Escape Artist + Patient Reaper from Trickster just seems so much more tasty or I might be biased against Assassin.

I read that you're not currently playing, but I'd still like your take on this comparison?

Thanks for your work so far!

To be honest, Trickster is my favorite ascendancy in the game. Unfortunately for this build, it would not work too well. The Trickster's notable passives are definitely strong, but they do not fit this build. I'll break it down for you a bit.

Ghost Dance relies on having energy shield. Our build is not energy shield based at all and just strictly life. If you notice, most of the mods for Ghost Dance deal with energy shield. The only thing we would be getting is 3% reduced damage taken per Ghost Shroud. We cannot put much use of this node to use because of the energy shield factor. If you do switch over to energy shield, then I could see it happening.

Escape Artist is pretty much the same as Ghost Dance. Most of the mods point to energy shield when we are a life build. The only benefits we get from this node is the potential stun immunity if we have Ghost Shrouds, and the 12% increased attack and cast speed per Ghost Shroud. For our build, since the Agony Crawler does most of the work, we are not too worried about our attack speed. Just going off of the skill tree and Multistrike nets us enough attack speed to stack Virulence stacks.

As for Patient Reaper, it is okay, but since the other two passive nodes are still so lackluster for us, I would already decide to not use this build as a Trickster. If you go the energy shield route though, I don't see why you couldn't try it though.

Hopefully this clears it up for you a bit more. Trust me, just reading up on the Ghost Shrouds and the reworkings to the Trickster build already made me think of a build to try when coming back to Synthesis.

Good luck, exile!
[Build/Stream Thread]
Last edited by Bakuhakubasugasu on Mar 20, 2019, 12:23:05 PM
"

To be honest, Trickster is my favorite ascendancy in the game. Unfortunately for this build, it would not work too well. The Trickster's notable passives are definitely strong, but they do not fit this build. I'll break it down for you a bit.

Ghost Dance relies on having energy shield. Our build is not energy shield based at all and just strictly life. If you notice, most of the mods for Ghost Dance deal with energy shield. The only thing we would be getting is 3% reduced damage taken per Ghost Shroud. We cannot put much use of this node to use because of the energy shield factor. If you do switch over to energy shield, then I could see it happening.

Escape Artist is pretty much the same as Ghost Dance. Most of the mods point to energy shield when we are a life build. The only benefits we get from this node is the potential stun immunity if we have Ghost Shrouds, and the 12% increased attack and cast speed per Ghost Shroud. For our build, since the Agony Crawler does most of the work, we are not too worried about our attack speed. Just going off of the skill tree and Multistrike nets us enough attack speed to stack Virulence stacks.

As for Patient Reaper, we are barely getting any benefit from it at all. First off, rarely do we ever kill something since the Agony Crawler just decimates everything. There are times, but it is a very rare. This isn't the problem though. The problem is that we will only get 2% life, mana and energy shield on OUR kill, not the Agony Crawlers. Minions are not included in these type of mods. Whenever a mod says YOU specifically or do not clarify, then minions, totems and others do not grant us these mods most of the time. Rarely will you ever trigger Patient Reaper. Damage over time does not matter to us for this build either, though we poison. Our damage does not matter, but just the actually infliction of poison.

Hopefully this clears it up for you a bit more. Trust me, just reading up on the Ghost Shrouds and the reworkings to the Trickster build already made me think of a build to try when coming back to Synthesis.

Good luck, exile!

I see where you're comming from yeah.
I was just looking at all the power charge/crit stuff and thinking "Why does that matter at all?" but I suppose the Trickster nodes doesn't really provide too much either.

I was not aware that Patient Reaper did not work with the crawler. Never tried a minion skill with it. Last I did Trickster was ED+Contagion in Abyss league. More of a Witch person myself :D

Regardless, thank you for the response!
"
SayroMovie wrote:
I see where you're comming from yeah.
I was just looking at all the power charge/crit stuff and thinking "Why does that matter at all?" but I suppose the Trickster nodes doesn't really provide too much either.

I was not aware that Patient Reaper did not work with the crawler. Never tried a minion skill with it. Last I did Trickster was ED+Contagion in Abyss league. More of a Witch person myself :D

Regardless, thank you for the response!

I re-edited the Patient Reaper portion because I personally have not played minions with Patient Reaper, but going off of from what I know how things are worded, I'm not sure if minions properly work with Patient Reaper or doesn't. I remember seeing mixed answers when I played back then so I cannot be 100% on the confirmation of it. Patient Reaper was a bit buggy a year or so ago too.

Though this is the case, the other benefits of Assassin still outweigh it a bit more for me compared to Trickster. If I do take this a energy shield route though, I would definitely switch over to Trickster though.

Assassin does still offer some other small quality of life things too though. The critical strikes don't matter to us, but we get some other small things that help. Reduced damage over time, applying maim, 100% poison chance to poison on hit with the setup, taking no extra damage from critical strikes versus bosses, potential increased 20% movement speed if we get a kill... Though Trickster gives us some benefits too, I still think there are more smaller bonuses that I would rather use Assassin. I just like the idea of having 100% chance to poison on hit too. 100& just sounds so much better than 80 or 90%. Just having 100% feels more reassuring when you know every hit you inflict is guaranteed a poison inflict, you know what I mean?

But really, these guides are just templates for you to work out of. It's not like you need to make a carbon copy of it or anything. Feel free to tweak the build to however you want. Just remember that I am here to help and answer any questions.

Good luck!
[Build/Stream Thread]
I playing this build as Trickster. Defences in this ascendancy really not something to rely about, but he offers good mobility and extra attack speed. I using Cyclone to stack poison and thanks to Trickster cyclone using 0 mana and flying like tornado.

Maybe later I'll add sample video.
My PoB tree with some changes https://pastebin.com/aLESjuqW

pros for Trickster with Cyclone:
-better clear speed
-much better stacking poison and getting life on hit vs hordes on monsters i.e. delve
-no regen maps not an issue
-more fun rolling around

cons:
-probably worse vs tough stationary bosses, but you can swap to another skill, Reave or Double Strike to stand still
-sometimes Cyclone just fails (stuck in obstacles) and u get killed instantly

With Wasp Nest and elder gloves with poison support you get 100% chance to poison. There is no really point to use Assassin here and not so needed boots with Fortify, u can get good boots with ms, res and life. BTW Occultist can provide much better defences and damage, Scion with ascendancies of Occultist & Guardian/Inquisitor/Juggernaut can be a cool choice too. Necromancer doesn't give as much as tri-curse of occultist.
Last edited by K4r4k4s4 on Apr 18, 2019, 6:25:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info