[3.6] Herald of Viper Assassin - Melt all Content! - [BUDGET FRIENDLY] - 2 MIL+ DPS

Loving the build so far, just about level 70. One question though, where do we get endurance charges to proc the immortal call from CWDT? I have yet to see immortal call proc and both are at level 1.

Thanks!
"
Centriom wrote:
Loving the build so far, just about level 70. One question though, where do we get endurance charges to proc the immortal call from CWDT? I have yet to see immortal call proc and both are at level 1.

Thanks!

You actually do not need any Endurance Charges to use Immortal Call. All the Endurance Charges do for Immortal Call is increase its duration.

I would suggest leveling your CWDT setup's gems to the level that I mentioned in the guide for the most efficient activations. You'll know when CWDT goes off when you hear a big sound effect that emits from your character when you take a blow that is enough to activate CWDT.
*Want to try out some fun hipster builds? Check out my thread below!*
[Build/Stream Thread]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2246315
How are you able to maintain 40 Virulance stacks against a single enemy? With 6.75 attacks per second, I cap at 32 stacks versus lone bosses with no adds, which significantly decreases damage.

EDIT: Oh I guess I could use frenzy
Last edited by SpicyThunder on Dec 29, 2018, 1:21:38 PM
"
SpicyThunder wrote:
How are you able to maintain 40 Virulance stacks against a single enemy? With 6.75 attacks per second, I cap at 32 stacks versus lone bosses with no adds, which significantly decreases damage.

EDIT: Oh I guess I could use frenzy

You could use Frenzy as you suggested as well. The thing is, getting 40 stacks is pretty tough against a single target but usually just hovering in the 30s is good enough to deal with bosses.

If they have minions that spawn, I would priortize hitting them and especially if they are bunched up. You will easily shoot to 35-40 stacks consistently in this manner.

Always being at 40 stacks is a bit unrealistic unless there are a crap ton of trash and mobs to hit multiple targets. You will suffice with just being in the 30 stacks range. Honestly, just 10 stacks clears out mobs like butter already.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Good luck!
[Build/Stream Thread]
Another player here who had this pop up on his google feed, enjoying this build immensely. Using Vaal Breech gem on bosses might be a good way to maintain stacks, though there's always a risk something nasty will spawn. Thanks to the return of Alva they are pretty cheap once again this league, around 25c.
"
bur7ron wrote:
Another player here who had this pop up on his google feed, enjoying this build immensely. Using Vaal Breech gem on bosses might be a good way to maintain stacks, though there's always a risk something nasty will spawn. Thanks to the return of Alva they are pretty cheap once again this league, around 25c.

Glad that you're enjoying the build. If you have any questions, let me know. :)
[Build/Stream Thread]
I am probably missing something but why not choose a Scion? You would have the same tree, get all the major points you wanted from Assassin. Then you could take something like Champion which gives you fortify, movement speed, enemies take 10% increased on taunt, and a chance to intimidate (since you would need to hit them before your crawler, which would be fine in boss fights) which you wanted on the tombfists anyway. On top of that you are gaining a bunch of passives from the ascendant class. Anyway like the build, I will definitely be giving it a shot.

Thoughts?

"
Aktos wrote:
I am probably missing something but why not choose a Scion? You would have the same tree, get all the major points you wanted from Assassin. Then you could take something like Champion which gives you fortify, movement speed, enemies take 10% increased on taunt, and a chance to intimidate (since you would need to hit them before your crawler, which would be fine in boss fights) which you wanted on the tombfists anyway. On top of that you are gaining a bunch of passives from the ascendant class. Anyway like the build, I will definitely be giving it a shot.

Thoughts?

Scion is definitely an option and was considered, but I just wanted it to be a bit more friendly for newer users if they decided to pick up the build. Scion's in general are a bit more difficult to pick up as a new player because of how the Ascendant works. Definitely an option though.

But I do like the defensive utility from going pure Assassin a bit more too. Plus, the feel cull from Critical Strikes actually works really good against bosses too. I would personally still stick with Assassin if I had a choice between the two though. Still could see it working as Scion though. Herald of Agony is super flexible and has many different ways to go about it.

Glad to see you have interest in the build though. I appreciate the suggestions and questions. Keep them coming if you need any other help or want some suggestions.

Good luck!
[Build/Stream Thread]
Hey it's me again !

So I tried the build after having some currency to spend thanks to my reroll because my first try on a poison/chaos damage dealer didn't worked out ahah I spent around 70/80c (counting ~50 Orb of Regret) to get a legit gear, couldn't find a 6L chest cheap ahah

So back to the build, it's pretty impresive how you hang out in front of the mobs like "come at me" then after a few milli-seconds of hits the scorpion spawns and DESTROY them all :D I must admit I have a bit of mana problem while whirling around, or using dash after or before a combat but it can be improved, and I felt a bit better after looting a ring with damage leeched as mana. I'm just 70 so looking forward for the next levels !

It's definitly a cool build to try, it changes from usual long range/jump clear build so I appreciate your work and will keep looking for your next builds !

Cheers
"
byorz wrote:
Hey it's me again !

So I tried the build after having some currency to spend thanks to my reroll because my first try on a poison/chaos damage dealer didn't worked out ahah I spent around 70/80c (counting ~50 Orb of Regret) to get a legit gear, couldn't find a 6L chest cheap ahah

So back to the build, it's pretty impresive how you hang out in front of the mobs like "come at me" then after a few milli-seconds of hits the scorpion spawns and DESTROY them all :D I must admit I have a bit of mana problem while whirling around, or using dash after or before a combat but it can be improved, and I felt a bit better after looting a ring with damage leeched as mana. I'm just 70 so looking forward for the next levels !

It's definitly a cool build to try, it changes from usual long range/jump clear build so I appreciate your work and will keep looking for your next builds !

Cheers

I honestly have been playing the build without any source of leech and I have been getting by just fine. I think it might be a little different for others but you can easily grab an item with leech if need be. Even getting mana/life on hit is really strong for the build. The natural mana regeneration usually can already carry you which is why we can handle any map mods pretty easily.

Even on Hexproof maps, the Agony Crawler still deals an absurd amount of damage. The dual-curse setup is really just great for bosses and extra DPS if we want it.

Glad that you are enjoying the build though. It definitely plays a whole lot different compared to other builds.

Let me know if you have any other concerns or questions.

I'm here to answer them. :)

Good luck!
[Build/Stream Thread]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info