[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

"
RitualMurder wrote:
"
I'm truly enjoying the build so far. This is my first ever attempt at coc. Combining and learning the coc build from CheeQu's, Nickonasty's, and Esoro's build.

Spoiler

whats the reasoning behind using the crafted sword? the hits cant be evaded is local to that wep so your cospri still has a low chance to hit no?

tbh i read the wiki about this and i can't find the answer.
"
RitualMurder wrote:
"
I'm truly enjoying the build so far. This is my first ever attempt at coc. Combining and learning the coc build from CheeQu's, Nickonasty's, and Esoro's build.

Spoiler

whats the reasoning behind using the crafted sword? the hits cant be evaded is local to that wep so your cospri still has a low chance to hit no?

he probably doesn't know. If you read history of this thread you'll see lots of people making the same mistake
Can anyone explain this to me, it makes me very confused.

In the post, CheeQu said that "Cyclone hits 2 times per "Attack"", OK this is true even from POE wiki said so. Quote POE wiki, "Cyclone spins at the player's attack speed and deals area of effect damage twice per spin. When dual wielding, each weapon hits once per spin.".

And he also comments that "Once we have at LEAST 14% Increased Cooldown Recovery Speed from our belt or boots, the maximum CoC triggers per second become 7.57, as explained by the post i linked above. So the optimal Attack Speed for Cyclone would be 3.75 Attacks per Second or slower."

But when I check out CheeQu POB, his main hand weapon's APS actually reachs to "7.37" instead of 3.75 as he suggested.

So I'm confused. Is there's something I didn't understand correctly? Or maybe in POB, the main hand weapon's ASP for cyclone actually mean per "hit" instead of per "attack"?

Any tips would be much appreciated.

thank you.
Last edited by howardgod on Nov 5, 2019, 9:32:11 PM
"
howardgod wrote:
Can anyone explain this to me, it makes me very confused.

In the post, CheeQu said that "Cyclone hits 2 times per "Attack"", OK this is true even from POE wiki said so. Quote POE wiki, "Cyclone spins at the player's attack speed and deals area of effect damage twice per spin. When dual wielding, each weapon hits once per spin.".

And he also comments that "Once we have at LEAST 14% Increased Cooldown Recovery Speed from our belt or boots, the maximum CoC triggers per second become 7.57, as explained by the post i linked above. So the optimal Attack Speed for Cyclone would be 3.75 Attacks per Second or slower."

But when I check out CheeQu POB, his main hand weapon's APS actually reachs to "7.37" instead of 3.75 as he suggested.

So I'm confused. Is there's something I didn't understand correctly? Or maybe in POB, the main hand weapon's ASP for cyclone actually mean per "hit" instead of per "attack"?

Any tips would be much appreciated.

thank you.

i think they changed the way cooldown on coc works thats why between that and cyclones functionality.
i struggled with the same thing but after raising my aps i can say for sure its better at 7.5
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
"
Ratedetar wrote:
"
RitualMurder wrote:
"

Spoiler

he probably doesn't know. If you read history of this thread you'll see lots of people making the same mistake

im trying to find was to increase my dps and my crit i reach 79% according to pob (without diamond flask)
i see some people using the inspiration gem i assume to increase the crit chance but the dmg lacks compared to conc effect and my cyclone costs 0 mana with a -cost ring
not sure if its worth it
So would I be looking at my hideout APS for cyclone or my POB APS under Calculations/Cyclone?

PoB: https://pastebin.com/06CDZYsc

In game im @ 7.22 in hideout

In POB without cinder up and if i get 2x 8% attack speed cospris I can get to 7.59

I'm trying to work this with a deveots and 2x cospris but I dont know if its possible
I just read ur guide, really greaty guide, Thank you for made it !!

I don't know where i misunderstood something but i have some question

If we put Frost Bolt + Ice Nova in Cospri's Malice.
In 1s, It will cast 6 CoC Ice Nova + 3 Frost Bolt + 3 Cospri Ice Nova right ?

1. Which Ice Nova will cast on Frost Bolt ? CoC Ice Nova or Cospri Ice Nova ? or both ?

Last edited by ShuraSarisse on Nov 7, 2019, 6:24:27 AM
How is this build doing in patch 3.8?
"
kennoba wrote:
How is this build doing in patch 3.8?

fanfuckingtastic
hey, I have a question.

if I choose dual-wielding, do I still need to put two spells in Cospri's Malice.

I see many dual-weilding coc builds doing this on ninja, but I wonder "cast socketed cold spells on melee critical strike" is a local mod, so when I use cyclone, I hit 3 times each weapon(still 6 times per second in total), then I can only trigger 3 spells per second.

do I miss something? I am really confused.

I think I'm right, but you know...
This account is only for feedback and suggestions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info