[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

"
Roflwafflezzz wrote:
Spoiler
I switched from my lvl96 Sabetour arc trapper to this build and it's been pretty fun. I am, however, getting chunked and destroyed by late game syndicates and bosses. I know my gear needs improvement, but I have virtually all of the basics situated. Need to get a real helm enchant, glove enchant, and fix my gems in my tree (they lack crit multi). I'm sitting at 6,886 health, 614 shield.

I guess one of my main questions is; is a combination Mark of the Shaper/Elder ring more dps than utilizing Gifts from Above? We lose critical strike chance % and the 50% damage on consecrated ground, but gain life%, energy shield%, 25% increased ele damage (implicit), and 70% increased spell damage. I'm having a hard time using PoB with this build to get it to show damage correctly. Any thoughts?

isn't your aps a little too high without a cdr belt/boots?
Last edited by qaizr on Jan 17, 2019, 12:38:24 PM

Using "god tier" variation. Only complaint, always severely out of mana if i have to spin on a tanky mob or boss for more than 3 seconds.

Got an ES watchers eye with 30% mana regen when affected by Clarity and still not close to enough. Not sure what else should I do other than gimp my attacking by doing longer cyclones.
Wouldn't it be possible to incorporate Elemental Equilibrium?

Cyclone should hit each time before triggering the other spells, so with an added fire/lightning mod somewhere wouldn't this work? All the multiple ice nova's should hit at the same time, so they shouldn't give +cold res to each other, and then the cyclone attack resets the res of the enemies.

ps sorry if this has already been answered, thread is way too long lol

EDIT (in case someone happens to read this): I'm an idiot, cospri adds cold damage also to attacks, nvm EE can't work here
Last edited by unciuchino on Jan 18, 2019, 12:19:39 PM
"
rappieaz1992 wrote:

Using "god tier" variation. Only complaint, always severely out of mana if i have to spin on a tanky mob or boss for more than 3 seconds.

Got an ES watchers eye with 30% mana regen when affected by Clarity and still not close to enough. Not sure what else should I do other than gimp my attacking by doing longer cyclones.

Also doing the god tier build, but not using acuity's as I haven't felt I needed them yet. I had some mana issues too, and I ended up dropping Enfeeble for a Warlord's Mark on hit ring, and then crafted Aspect of the spider in it. It's not as defensive as having enfeeble obviously, but it's more dps, no mana issues, and I've been chain running fully sextant T16's without issues, so seems fine to me. Just a thought. Even with only having 177 mana unreserved, I'm having no issues.
"
Roflwafflezzz wrote:
I switched from my lvl96 Sabetour arc trapper to this build and it's been pretty fun. I am, however, getting chunked and destroyed by late game syndicates and bosses. I know my gear needs improvement, but I have virtually all of the basics situated. Need to get a real helm enchant, glove enchant, and fix my gems in my tree (they lack crit multi). I'm sitting at 6,886 health, 614 shield.

I guess one of my main questions is; is a combination Mark of the Shaper/Elder ring more dps than utilizing Gifts from Above? We lose critical strike chance % and the 50% damage on consecrated ground, but gain life%, energy shield%, 25% increased ele damage (implicit), and 70% increased spell damage. I'm having a hard time using PoB with this build to get it to show damage correctly. Any thoughts?

I imported your character to see if I could help. The main issue I saw is the life rolls on your gear/jewels. You're missing about 6% life from jewels since 3 are bottom life rolls. If those 3 had 7% life instead of 5, your life goes up to 7k. On top of that, 80 life on rares is kind of low compared to what you could get with all the hybrid life crafts. Try to look for 100+ life on rares if/when you can.

Another thing I've noticed about this build since I've been playing it pretty much all league is that one of its best defenses is how amazing its offense is. Your gems are all level 19 and lacking quality, so that will definitely help once you get them to 20/20.

The last and final thing I would recommend...This is a build based on crit, and therefore, a ton of damage comes from crit multi. Your is lacking a bit. In PoB, it is only showing 365% crit multi on Ice Nova. For comparison, mine is 485%. Look for crit multi on jewels and that should help a lot.

Feel free to reach out if you need any more help. There are a lot of knowledgeable people in this forum willing to help :)
Thank you guys for the input! I will look for all the mentioned upgrades! :)

I got 80ex+ at my disposal and I don't know what I should focus on next.

Also, I've got mana problems and wonder how I should deal with that?
"
Spoiler

I got 80ex+ at my disposal and I don't know what I should focus on next.

Also, I've got mana problems and wonder how I should deal with that?

you have an open jewel socket on your tree. don't people usually run two might of the meek jewels with unnatural instinct?
Selling my full CoC gear. Multiple Uber elders killed. PM Mepfiz in-game

Last edited by Bornforexile on Jan 18, 2019, 12:18:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info