[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

"
"
deinernst123 wrote:
I am confused about the 3.7 attacks per secound and how you reach them. I only have 12% attack speed on my gloves and a 14% attack speed cospiris and i am already at 3.8 attacks per secound which is way too fast.

Don't get attack speed on gloves, get resists instead! I'm guessing you don't have starkonja's yet either, so if you switch these 2 items maybe you will be at 3.7 as you should. If not link your gear and we can figure it out.

I just recrafted the gloves (bought them with 12 attack speed) and also noticed that i specced into fangs of the viper, so i respecced that node too. With those 2 changes, and a silver flask up, i have exactly 3.7 attacks per secound. Perfect. Only problem that i have is that my tooltip crit on cyclone is only 58%
Just wanna say big thanks for this build and the effort you put into it :)

is it ok to spec into mind drinker i have struggling big time with mana i running out of it all time vs syndicate or t12+ boss's causing me to rip
"
"
HDTanel wrote:
Still no updates to PoB etc? :D
edit: oh finally updates in first post.
QUESTION: Is it not worth getting Phase Acro???? :]

Anyway I am leveling this from zero with no gear and it is a breeeeeze.
I´ve played tons of different WinterOrb builds before and leveling with Freezing Pulse from 1-8 and then with ARC 8-28 and then switching to Winter Orb.. at 38 Winter Orb CwC Ice Spear 4 link and everything dies in a few seconds, including the thoughest of bosses, atm in ACT VIII. Also no deaths.
So just for league start this is a great way to get you to maps and then switch when you are comfortable!

I also feel this might actually be a better for Winter Orb CwC Ice Spear as Assassin.. tree is very similar to my Elementalist version.. like almost exactly the same.

So I am already liking how versatile this build can be if you don´t have the gear straight away you can still do amazing damage to everything.

Some info on what links I did:

1-8 Freezing Pulse-Added Lightning-Added Cold
8-28 ARC-Added Lightning-Controlled Destruction-Elemental Profileration (Really only need 3link with +1 wand until 28-33 or so when you get WinterOrb from SIOSA or buy it from a player at 28 as it´s a quest reward originally from Marmoa for killing Gravicius).
28-38 WinterOrb-Lesser Multiple Projectiles-Added Cold Damage-Controlled Destruction
38-Switch LesserMultipleProjectiles to GreaterMultipleProjectiles
38-Maps (or from ACT VI) WinterOrb-IceSpear-CastWhileChanneling-GreaterMultipleProjectiles

Other then that.. Arctic Armour, Herald of Ice with Onslaught or Curse on Hit with Enfeeble or Blasphemy Enfeeble like original poster said and maybe Herald of Thunder aswell.
Also using Shield Charge with Fortify atm :) for extra zoomzoom alongside FlameDash plus nice phys reduction from Fortify

edit: Oh, I did one LAB in ACT IV aswell and chose OPPORTUNISTIC

Hello, sorry for the late response. I included a tree version in the main post with phase acro as well as my thoughts on it!

Also thank you for these leveling tips, I updated the leveling section based on your tips and credited you, as I'm not a leveling master myself :P

Thank you so much :D my first ever recognition hah!
I will post to my fanpage :P I have a small following of about 50k people on Youtube(HDTanel\TheTanelChannel).
You can add that 4link in maps is totally fine and if you do wanna add 2 more gems then you HAVE to get -5 mana cost on jewelry so to not have mana problems.. or just add a mana flask.
PLUS you can buy a cheap (or do few VAAL areas while leveling) to get Vaal RF and Vaal BF. When you feel single target is not going down.. pop those two off and they melt.

ANYWAY.. Update time. I made it to maps, farmed with my 4link WinterOrb until I bought both Lycose and Cospri.. then just few C here and there to get flask, all resists to be the same percentage and the ring you recommended. Where before WinterOrb started to lack in damage and I had trouble getting single targets down... those same targets and map tiers higher.. WITH life mods.. die in... ohh I donno.. bout 1-2 seconds and 3-4seconds if I am unlucky lol... Seems very decent atm, very fun way to play aswell AND I love it that this exact tree can be used to level your char league start with zero gear with ARC and or Winter Orb and then just switch when you have the currency finally.

I now am thinking on leveling a new Assassin but going ES instead.. did you try ES?

I think im going for it.. kinda confused as what to but in the weapon as a third gem instead of lifeleech then.. supports for those or another spell?

I will get reduced mana reserved nodes as I feel mana was no issue atm and adding Discipline in as well.
Mathils actual cat
Last edited by HDTanel on Dec 26, 2018, 4:18:01 PM
Are you 100% sure about the APS for Cyclone not factoring the twice per hit stuff into it? Because lot's of other people just stack as much attack speed as they can and it's always been like that as far as I remember from older coc builds.
Where do we get all our movement from? i feel terribly slow early game, any way to use shield charge instead of Flame Dash? Its so pleasing exploding easier content with just shield charge itself.
Beta PLX
Last edited by supersimme on Dec 26, 2018, 6:18:59 PM

Currently leveling with this character, and it feels really fun to play! Have right now a little problems with 'one shots' from syndicate, but I hope with level and more hp it will make it easier to take it. Maybe I will try phase acrobatics version? Also have little problems with mana but it's doable, it should be better with level. My resistances rn are 103% for all. My biggest question is, what should I focus on next? Any ideas for upgrades on items, what I can change to make it better etc.? It would be really helpful :)
Last edited by Platon on Dec 26, 2018, 6:10:10 PM
This was the first build I threw 7ex at and didn't see anything worth my time.

Doesn't do nearly enough damage mapping as proclaimed, has little survivability in late game maps (even with 80% 6L loreweave). Would not recommend.
any other armour instead of loreweave? I already have a carcass jack and daresso defiance 6L.

This build works with 6L+shield+Cospri's mallice? do not have budget for more than that.
I really like this build! I love cyclone builds, and builds that make things shatter. This build is the best of both with the big aoe ( i run inc aoe and swap conc ) I like the movement speed, the damage is really good! I just have 1 slight issue. Mana. I'm level 92, followed the tree, maybe I missed something i'll double check. I've been following your cyclone tips, but I find that when i face off against a guardian I run out of mana pretty fast just from cyclone. I flame dash to avoid death and to keep arcane surge up. I don't cast Vortex very much ( i forget a lot lol ) So is there a better way to increase my mana regen or maybe leech to sustain cyclone better on single targets ? Thanks!

Also how important is it to get 3.7 aps ? I can reach that with flasks, but if i run out of flasks i'm 3.0. Should i get that to 3.7 without flasks ?
Last edited by BlaqDan on Dec 26, 2018, 9:06:58 PM
Awesome build guide! I've been all over the place in terms of builds this league and I followed a similar guide for assassin CoC but that build lacked boss dps. After spending a week on the op ele hit build and making money, I came back to my assassin char because this build caught my attention. Now i have just completely melted uber elder (faster than ele hit) with 1 death that could have easily been avoided. Thanks for the guide!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info