[3.5] Suck's First Level 100 Winter Orb Elementalist Guide! (BSC) Uber Elder/Atziri

Great leveling guide hit 70 just watched merci izaro melt. I think I could do uber easy as long as I don't get hit by his melee.

Edit: UBER lab done in 25 minutes @ level 71. I did it right after this post and took a video will post it later.
Last edited by johnce6 on Jan 13, 2019, 3:02:39 PM
"
Esper21 wrote:
"
das_nervt wrote:
"
somebody do step-by-step learning how to make a scepter pls...

Oh yes plz, a guide to craft a sick scepter would be great..i have good currency, but iam a bit scarred about burn it if i do something wrong^^

I used an ilvl 86 Shaper Sambar Scepter as base.

1. Alteration spam until you hit 16%-20% Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos as the only mod besides the implicit.

2. Use a Regal to make it rare which adds a second mod.

3. Use an Annulment and pray it removes the second mod and leaves the 20% Elemental Chaos mod.

4. If it removes the wrong mod, scour and start again. If it doesn't you should have a rare with just 20% Elemental Chaos mod. Craft Can Have Multiple Mods.

5. Then add the rest. Spell Damage + Non-Chaos, Non-Chaos, Double Damage, Cast Speed + Arcane Surge.

6. Depending on rolls, divine or use beast craft divine to reroll the mods to something acceptable.

If you tend to have horrendous luck on the annulment (step 3) you can craft Prefixes Cannot be Changed after step 2 before you annul IF the second mod is a Suffix. This route costs an additional 2 Exalt and a Scour to put the mod and remove it but guarantees the second mod is removed.

This is incredibly helpful as a returning player I noted a few things about builds that excel since my absence...crafting and rares seem king. Problem is crafting seem way over bearing to returning/new players. I feel like I can craft my own now.

What is damage penetrates resistance 8%+ rolls instead of increased cast speed? Would it be better or is cast speed king for winter orb?
Last edited by johnce6 on Jan 13, 2019, 1:07:21 PM
"
Esper21 wrote:
"
das_nervt wrote:
"
somebody do step-by-step learning how to make a scepter pls...

Oh yes plz, a guide to craft a sick scepter would be great..i have good currency, but iam a bit scarred about burn it if i do something wrong^^

I used an ilvl 86 Shaper Sambar Scepter as base.

1. Alteration spam until you hit 16%-20% Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos as the only mod besides the implicit.

2. Use a Regal to make it rare which adds a second mod.

3. Use an Annulment and pray it removes the second mod and leaves the 20% Elemental Chaos mod.

4. If it removes the wrong mod, scour and start again. If it doesn't you should have a rare with just 20% Elemental Chaos mod. Craft Can Have Multiple Mods.

5. Then add the rest. Spell Damage + Non-Chaos, Non-Chaos, Double Damage, Cast Speed + Arcane Surge.

6. Depending on rolls, divine or use beast craft divine to reroll the mods to something acceptable.

If you tend to have horrendous luck on the annulment (step 3) you can craft Prefixes Cannot be Changed after step 2 before you annul IF the second mod is a Suffix. This route costs an additional 2 Exalt and a Scour to put the mod and remove it but guarantees the second mod is removed.

thank you, very helpful :)

wow those implicit penetration bases are quite expensive, some ex alone the base lol
Why not onslaught gem instead of summon light golem? Way more cast speed and up time would be pretty much 24/7. Thinking of doing this instead.
"
johnce6 wrote:
Why not onslaught gem instead of summon light golem? Way more cast speed and up time would be pretty much 24/7. Thinking of doing this instead.

Increases the mana reservation of the Heralds.
I've changed some of the gem links around for my build, I didn't like the way the arcane surge support played, having to flame dash 11 times to activate it, then only having it up for a few seconds. Instead I've linked a level 4 version with my phase run/increased duration so it's always up providing me with the buff, this meant changing around some of the other things. Links for me are now

Increased Duration
Arcane Surge Support(level 4)
Phase Run
Vaal Grace

Cold Snap
Bonechill Support
Cast when damage taken
Immortal call

Vaal Righteous Fire
Frostbomb
Increased duration

Flame Dash
Faster casting
Summon lightning golem

Empower Support
Herald of Thunder
Herald of Ice
Open Socket

I moved the lightning golem into the empty spot on one of my 3 sockets allowing me to link something else with my heralds, I'm thinking either Onslaught or Enhance support, not sure which yet though.

Combining arcane surge with phase run also means I can get rid of the arcane surge suffix craft on my weapon, I've currently replaced it with

But I'm in the process of crafting a 40% ele damage base shaper weapon, with the Ele damage as extra chaos and 10% Elemental resistance pen suffix. I'm a few thousand alterations deep at the moment and haven't hit it once.

From what I can see the downsides are that you lose the occasional level 20 arcane surge as well as increased duration on the CWDT setup, but you gain, 100% uptime of level 4 arcane surge, an extra gem slot, 40% Elemental damage and another 4% ele pen (If you can craft the weapon that is).

This is the first league I've really properly played POE (and boy have I played it a lot so far this league) so am not sure if this is all correct.

My current gear

Using Starkonja's at the moment instead of a rare with cold penetration as my cold and lightning resists currently match perfectly for wise oak, and don't want to mess that up with a rare helm with cold pen but also +cold or +light resist.
What lab enchants are you all running for gloves and boots? I see many people not having anything on gloves, and spell dodge seems best for boots? Or are the options available for enchants just not noticeable compared to what the build does without them?
Great build
Is it possible to craft "Winter Orb has +2 Maximum Stages" somehow or is it only from running lab?

"
Emxper wrote:
Is it possible to craft "Winter Orb has +2 Maximum Stages" somehow or is it only from running lab?

It's only from running lab.
Last edited by GoldenGonzo on Jan 14, 2019, 3:42:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info