[3.5] Dual wield Mjölner Untethered revived! Shaper+Uber Elder down! (Pathfinder)

Is the pathfinder just for flask uptime? Why not ascendaet with pathfinder/elementalist (or something else)?
"
alkarian wrote:
What's better for single target dps?

Also, what do you think about multistrike+dual strike? I find it bit hard to control cyclone on a single target when I have to dodge things (shaper, duh)

fenumus is by far the greatest dps boost for gloves u can get. as cyclone is a movementskill, whats ur problem to dodge with it? keep ur quicksilver flask up all time and u whirl fast as shit :D
Last edited by Kolekiller2013 on Jan 3, 2019, 4:10:15 AM
"
zeldinas wrote:
Would you say the HP build would easility/certainly be able to kill uber elder without much experience?
I.e. many bow builds claims they are uber elder viable, but they require like 50Ex input into DPS to make the fight viable ("kill it fast or die").

Looking to respec my character with approx 10-15ex worth of budget into an uber elder farmer. Do you deem this build viable then?

uber elder fight is about knowing the mechanics. it is really really hard to do this fight on the first try with any build. if you know the mechanics, the fight becomes a lot easier. this build is suited well for it and definitely more viable than most 5k hp bow builds because you can actually tank some hits.

with 10-15 ex budget you can kill uber elder with it without too much experience.

i did it a lot of times this league and never failed. But i'd consider myself an experienced player and i have more than 100 uelder kills already with different builds. if you don't know the fight yet, dont expect to do it on your first try.
"
SoCal wrote:
Is the pathfinder just for flask uptime? Why not ascendaet with pathfinder/elementalist (or something else)?

flask uptime + flask effectiveness.

this provides insane value. only with pathfinder you can sustain your flasks 100%. also, the flask effectiveness provides so much defence and offence.
"

fenumus is by far the greatest dps boost for gloves u can get. as cyclone is a movementskill, whats ur problem to dodge with it? keep ur quicksilver flask up all time and u whirl fast as shit :D

yea, that's the problem, I whirl too fast :D I found shaper to be easier with dual strike, because I can just circle him and dish out dps without constantly trying not to whirl in the way of his skills

One more thing, what is Overflowing Chalice for? I killed minotaur and had decent flask uptime throughout the fight without it. DPS boost from base sulphur flask is about 8% for me. I usually have basalt or stibnite for instead.

The full flask setup. What do you think?

Edit: and yes, life flask is quite useful, at least for lab runs
Last edited by alkarian on Jan 3, 2019, 6:37:00 AM
"
alkarian wrote:
"

yea, that's the problem, I whirl too fast :D I found shaper to be easier with dual strike, because I can just circle him and dish out dps without constantly trying not to whirl in the way of his skills

One more thing, what is Overflowing Chalice for? I killed minotaur and had decent flask uptime throughout the fight without it. DPS boost from base sulphur flask is about 8% for me. I usually have basalt or stibnite for instead.

The full flask setup. What do you think?

Edit: and yes, life flask is quite useful, at least for lab runs

overflowing chalice also provides concecrated ground for some extra heal, like the glove enchant from lab does, its a nice extra source of regen for us. besides this u get a slight dmg boost and ur other flask gain their charges much faster, perfect symbiosys with pathfinder. but its up to ur preference to switch to another defensive flask, like the way u did.

personaly i dont see a need for a life flask, did all my ulab runs w/o it.
"
Sacr0 wrote:
"
zeldinas wrote:
Would you say the HP build would easility/certainly be able to kill uber elder without much experience?
I.e. many bow builds claims they are uber elder viable, but they require like 50Ex input into DPS to make the fight viable ("kill it fast or die").

Looking to respec my character with approx 10-15ex worth of budget into an uber elder farmer. Do you deem this build viable then?

uber elder fight is about knowing the mechanics. it is really really hard to do this fight on the first try with any build. if you know the mechanics, the fight becomes a lot easier. this build is suited well for it and definitely more viable than most 5k hp bow builds because you can actually tank some hits.

with 10-15 ex budget you can kill uber elder with it without too much experience.

i did it a lot of times this league and never failed. But i'd consider myself an experienced player and i have more than 100 uelder kills already with different builds. if you don't know the fight yet, dont expect to do it on your first try.

Hi man, thanks for the reply.
Looks promesing. First try is not really necessary but I meant it more in a constructive way: that once you get the hang of the mechanics you are fairly sure you get the kill.
Unlike my previous build which rushed through all content till T15 but then got 1hit by every guardian.
As such getting a kill was highly dependent on what skillshots the bosses used.

I'll try your build tonight :)
Uberelder Deathless Kill with this awesome build

https://youtu.be/c2AvYPm6iYw
SNIP
Last edited by Torean1 on Jan 3, 2019, 7:38:57 PM
is possible to do atziri with this?
Last edited by Asunaki_Tabi on Jan 3, 2019, 3:31:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info