[3.5-3.12 + 3,18 HC] Pure Herald of Agony Jugg. All content. Videos+Link to 3.14 & 3.15 Updates

Hello there, great build - thank you for the effort writing the guide.
I just started it- lvl33 and I want to add/propose some small QoL.

Stacking poison for HoA with Cold Iron(or other weapon) is more difficult then before - Using Te Golden rule jewel helps a lot(every poison you inflict is coming back to you and is counted for stacking and with our regen we don't feel it).
I started leveling with Lava Lash - with all the chains and 40% chance to poison is doing very good job - I'm planing LL-GMP-Fortify-FA on four link.

Hope this will help to someone :)

Cheers.

Poor_Exile
Glad you are enjoying the build!

Re: leveling

This is why I recommend still using Quill Rain until lvl 62 when you can equip the cold iron points. HOA with melee weapons while leveling is kind of a pain. Once you equip the cold iron points, however, you mostly won't notice. It isn't necessary to be at full stacks to have the crawler run over most of the content.

That said, I love your idea for using Golden rule and I will try it out. You are right that we do so little actual damage we will hardly feel it, and having the crawler more easily get to full stacks for boss fights should make them even easier.

I think I will still favor cyclone over a chaining skill for QOL during non-add boss fights. That said, whatever you find fun is what you should be playing. These builds are always nothing more than a jumping off point and I love hearing about the variations they spawn.

Re: Red Blight maps: Tbh I haven't really gotten the hang of doing the Blight maps myself. I think this is more a defect in me than the build. I can tell you that for T16 blight encounters I have been able to complete many of them. The ones with branches headed off in 6 directions I still often fail, but I think this is a playskill issue rather than a build issue.

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Sep 12, 2019, 11:49:55 AM
Re Golden Rule:

Can confirm this is marvelous but requires a little bit of care if used while leveling (I am currently leveling a new char while testing). This has now been added to the guide.

First test I had a pair of gryphons equipped and nearly killed myself, as I haven't done the ascendancies/taken the nodes yet for enough regen. I reran the test using a pair of fidelitas's spikes (no physical damage) with a little added phys/chaos from a jewel. Then I got to see it work beautifully, maintaining 40 stacks with ease.

With just the cold iron points, I was usually hanging out around 25-30 stacks and still running over content. Golden Rule should be at least a 1/3 damage boost from what I experienced previously that already felt OP. This Jewel is an amazing must have--Props to Poor_Exile for pointing it out.

And this is another reason I like to post these builds and discuss them with the community. They get refined and improved when everyone is contributing ideas. :>

Have fun!

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Sep 12, 2019, 4:45:39 PM
Hello, since you've changed your tree to match the cold iron points adding. What are your tips for leveling? What would be the nodes to seek first?

Thank you for creating this fun build :)
Most welcome!

For leveling now, I have two good options:

1. Same method with Quill Rain until 62. This still works fine for leveling. Only change is to start using molten shell/vaal molten shell for defense at lvl 4 instead of going to the Dodge cluster. You will need to at least spec into the dex nodes early to make the build work, though most of these can be had on gear by endgame.

2. If you really want to level with melee, use a pair of fidelitas' spikes, equip the Golden rule jewel, and make sure you have at least 1-2 points of added phys or chaos anywhere on your gear (as little as possible is best) I would use cyclone for this starting at level 28.

Tbh, having tried both, leveling with QR is easier, but melee is actually kinda fun and makes a nice change if you've run this build 25 times already . . . . Flip side is that if you are new to the build, you'll want some practice using cyclone/molten shell earlier in the process before things become more dangerous, so it may not be a bad idea to level some with that method just for that reason.

For nodes, first priorities are life with dex and int as needed. Then endurance charges when you take your cruel ascendancy. Then the minion attack speed nodes. Then more life until game end. There are many good annointment options. I really enjoyed ravenous horde, which is expensive but not outrageously so (maybe 100c worth of oil), but I expect I will try out other options. Early on, annointing a karui ward with a 30 int node is cheap and useful for lvling.

Good luck!

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Sep 12, 2019, 4:37:51 PM
Currently sitting at level 90 in BHC with this:

This is probably the strongest build I have every played. Not only is it ridiculously tanky, but everything melts under the sheer power of the level 28 agony crawler. I also got a really sensible increase in power with the helmet enchant.

I have the impression that the onslaught from ravenous horde doesn't work on the crawler though.
These kind of posts always make me happy. Figuring out how ravenous horde works may require testing. I had the impression it was working, but that may be subjective bias. Glad you are enjoying it!

Looking at your gear and links, 2 tips:

1. Swap the location of your desecrate and poacher's mark. You want to make sure desecrate is proccing before spirit offering.

2. I don't think arctic armour works well with the cyclone version, since it needs you to be still to function defensively. I might try aspect of the spider instead, if the craft becomes available.

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Sep 12, 2019, 8:57:12 PM
Ah right thanks for the tips. Aspect of the spider sounds like a good idea, I'll let you know how it works if I manage to get it.
Hello again,
I agree with you that Cyclone is preforming better than LL.

Something else I found that is helping alot with the Blight stuff:
Skellebros are the best, Skeles+Minion DMG+Brutality+Feeding Frenzy
Feeding Frenzy is very good:
Minions supported by the skill will have 15-24% more damage. In addition, while you have the Feeding Frenzy buff all of your minions have 10% more minion damage, 15% increased movement speed, and 15% increased attack and cast speed
This is free buff for our mighty crawler and skellebros hit hard :)
I will try to fit also the new Carrion golem (is phys tag so +6), maybe in 5/6 l armor together with skellebros.

Cheers.
Poor_Exile
hello :) i love this build but in my opinion this build is not good for blight league. Clear speed is medium so hard to tower defence. This is only my opinion. Good choice for me is spectre build . This build have insane clear speed and damage but herald of agony have good defence and low prices gearing.

I remember old herald of agony version . When i had bow with + two socketed gems , Vicious Projectiles Support i kill uber elder very fast :)

I love old HOA .

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info