[3.5-3.12 + 3,18 HC] Pure Herald of Agony Jugg. All content. Videos+Link to 3.14 & 3.15 Updates

"
lunkon wrote:
"
Oceanbuffalo wrote:
"
lunkon wrote:
Is there some change with new unique dagger +3 level to agony gem?

In my experience I was using avatar of fire (forgot to unspec it when testing HOAG jugg) and the storm brand variant would not proc virulence stacks. I imagine with the new dagger you will have the same issue cause you deal no ele damage so your poison stacker skill will have to be a physical skill. Could be wrong tho

I think about convert 100% physical to chaos damage with new unique glove. Is there other way to stack poinson with chaos damage?

I have been thinking about this as well but instead of chaos, converting to cold and using EE to lower monster resists. POB in my current setup takes me from 800k dps (using 2 cold iron daggers) to 1.2mil dps (not calculating for shock here) for the cost of a glove slot and a skill point. This example is incredibly expensive however as you need to multimod craft two +2 skill wands and you will need to make up the resistances on your gloves somewhere.
Orion, congrats on a great build. When I see how carefully engineered such builds can be, I realize how far away from a great POE player I am.

Just one comment: the new flagellant prefix on flasks seems super strong to me on this build, my flasks are always full with it.
You're running an armour setup now as opposed to the original build with gluttony. How does it feel self casting the molten shell all the time is it smooth? If you're gunning for kaom's heart then what will you do for defences when you get it? Back to gluttony/IC setup?
Re: Molten Shell

So, I still love it, but I need practice. I died at 94 fighting a souped up phoenix only because I missed hitting my molten shell. That said, it's amazing for delving. Was #2 on the delve list when I died, and vaal molten shell let me breeze through a bunch of lvl 83 cities without even having kaoms. I think I would stay without gluttony now, even with Kaom's. Molten shell is that strong and IC is that nerfed, imo.

But this version does require a little more play skill than the last one, since molten shell really wants to be used as self-cast. I'll work on it.

My new experiment (currently lvl 65 is to actually try out Jugg-Cyclone_HOA dual wielding cold iron points. The LGOH will surely be lower, but tbh my health hardly ever even dipped as long as I kept molten shell up. So I feel its worth the experiment. Chasing the goal of a lvl 31 HOA! We'll see how it goes.

I also love the flagellant prefix :>

-O
DUAL WIELDING COLD IRON POINT CYCLONE HOA IS AMAZING!!

Buy them now before people understand this. How these are only 10-20c each is beyond me. If I were more clever I would just buy up all the stock, but that's not my game.

More testing before new variation is finalized, but a level 28 HOA is nuts. And there is the possibility for a lvl 31 with a lvl 21 gem and a lvl 3 empower. (which is what I will be going for) 31 is another breakpoint on HOA attack speed which should result in about 25% MORE damage.

There are trade offs, of course. Cyclone takes more play skill since our LGOH is less, I've traded in dodge/evasion for fort for which is somewhat less tanky to groups and spells. On the other hand, good use of Molten shell and Vaal molten shell can more than make up for these deficits. It's just not quite the same always-safe-as-long-as-you-are-shooting playstyle.

But the trade up in power is already awesome (and I'm only lvl 71 atm)

That's it for now.

-O

P.S. Props to NagiSoi for pointing out the item interaction. Bad on me for brushing off the idea without testing first. Apologies.

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Sep 11, 2019, 5:31:26 AM
Cold Iron Cyclone Variation:

Moderately geared up now except for the lvl 3 empower. This variant is absolutely my hands-down favorite so far. I am currently only lvl 81 and -comfortably- farming lvl 83 delve cities with added damage. If I'm not stupidly overconfident, it should only get better from here.

Gear and POB follow (though I think POB isnt properly accounting for cold iron yet)

POB: https://pastebin.com/zJeZXBTN

If anything, (even though the life gain is much lower) this variation is more tanky than the original as long as you are using molten shell and vaal molten shell intelligently and avoiding large packs/dangerous encounters when they are down. And the dps already feels even better than the original HOA before they nerfed it. Hope some of you have fun trying it out. I'll probably update guide in the next day or two to include the variant.

-O
Welp dead again. Zana gave me the cortex boss in a T12 map and I couldn't resist trying it out. Cept I'd never done the fight before. Got all the way to the final stage too before being caught in the giant explosion that follows the constricting lasers . . . since I didnt realize it was coming. Ah well, learn as we go.

That said, I've updated the guide with notes on the new variation. I'll probably reroll cold-iron cyclone with molten shell again. It's amazing.

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Sep 11, 2019, 3:42:45 PM
Is there a good reason you cap the cyclone at level 4?
Not particularly. Truth is I didn't feel like taking the time to look up whether cyclone's mana cost increased with level and I wanted to make sure the cost didn't go up. I think actually the cost doesn't change, so it is safe to level the gem (though largely meaningless, since so little of our damage comes from the cyclone itself).

-O
How does this build perform in red blight maps? can it solo them?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info