[3.6] Tectonic Slam Jugg: MELT CONTENT (melee lives!) Razors build (discontinued)

"
Helo,

I have little problem with mu Jugg. I started play in PoE like 5days ago. Now i have 73lvl and i reach the end game. Now i have problem to survive on Tier 3/4/5 and do Labirynth for 68 and 7x lvl. This is my build with items/skill tree https://pastebin.com/5qfFhg8K. Only one shot and i die, ofc not always. 1,2 and few 3 tiers maps is easy for me. But T4 and i think higher is too hard. What i need to change? Help!

BTW: This build will be still valid in 3.7? I would like to start playing this or maybe cyclone (?) character that will help me better understand PoE etc.

You gotta learn some basics. Get all elemental resists to the 75% cap. Stack life, you have a very very low life total. You need life on gear and more on the tree. Read everything, for instance, Abyssus. It will kill you. Punishment is also not a curse you should be using. You have a ground slam jewel slotted in. decide if you want to be crit or not. and most importantly, learn about how to roll and use flasks. you can go to poe.ninja and look around at tons of builds and see what others are doing. You can also check out Rake's tectonic slam guide, which has tons of well organized details on equipment: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2503553/page/1

We won't know for sure about 3.7 until about 2 days before launch when we get most stuff revealed. Even into the league there will still be stuff to figure out, but both tectonic slam and cyclone will be widely used skills, with Cyclone having much more variety in build choices.
"
"
Helo,

I have little problem with mu Jugg. I started play in PoE like 5days ago. Now i have 73lvl and i reach the end game. Now i have problem to survive on Tier 3/4/5 and do Labirynth for 68 and 7x lvl. This is my build with items/skill tree https://pastebin.com/5qfFhg8K. Only one shot and i die, ofc not always. 1,2 and few 3 tiers maps is easy for me. But T4 and i think higher is too hard. What i need to change? Help!

BTW: This build will be still valid in 3.7? I would like to start playing this or maybe cyclone (?) character that will help me better understand PoE etc.

You gotta learn some basics. Get all elemental resists to the 75% cap. Stack life, you have a very very low life total. You need life on gear and more on the tree. Read everything, for instance, Abyssus. It will kill you. Punishment is also not a curse you should be using. You have a ground slam jewel slotted in. decide if you want to be crit or not. and most importantly, learn about how to roll and use flasks. you can go to poe.ninja and look around at tons of builds and see what others are doing. You can also check out Rake's tectonic slam guide, which has tons of well organized details on equipment: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2503553/page/1

We won't know for sure about 3.7 until about 2 days before launch when we get most stuff revealed. Even into the league there will still be stuff to figure out, but both tectonic slam and cyclone will be widely used skills, with Cyclone having much more variety in build choices.

Uhm... But what wrong is in my skill tree? I Used your guide with your tree.. Rlly dont know where is problem. It's 1:1 like yours.Now i don't have any c or ex for new items. I started with your guide and buy itmes like you prefer here (and i spent all my chaos orbs to buy this items eh) In new league i will improve my resists and life.
"
"
"
Helo,

Uhm... But what wrong is in my skill tree? I Used your guide with your tree.. Rlly dont know where is problem. It's 1:1 like yours.Now i don't have any c or ex for new items. I started with your guide and buy itmes like you prefer here (and i spent all my chaos orbs to buy this items eh) In new league i will improve my resists and life.

Lose the abyssus, cap your resists. you can get 5L for less than 1c (your 5L is TS > Multistrike > ele dmg with weapons > combustion > melee phys). You should have more than enough points for this tree:
http://poeurl.com/coeN
if you do not have enough respec points (there are some optional quests during the story that you may have skipped that give them), just work towards that as best you can. good luck!
the links for the tree. It doesn't work anymore
How do you sustain mana? I can only cast tectonic slam like 3-4 times and I'm out. Don't have enough mana regen to keep spamming tectonic slam.
Am I missing something?
"
leopard2lx wrote:

Am I missing something?

Sure, over Iron Reflexes node u see a little must have point called "Life and Mana Leech"
"
Beskaius wrote:
"
leopard2lx wrote:

Am I missing something?

Sure, over Iron Reflexes node u see a little must have point called "Life and Mana Leech"

Thanks. That worked great!

do you have any advice on how to get max resists? It seems very hard to max resists since there's only a few pieces of gear we can get resistances on.
"
leopard2lx wrote:
"
Beskaius wrote:
"
leopard2lx wrote:

Am I missing something?

Thanks. That worked great!

do you have any advice on how to get max resists? It seems very hard to max resists since there's only a few pieces of gear we can get resistances on.

You can easily get top rolls on Mokou's since it's a 1c item. Resists on jewels is fine, and pretty much necessary if you're trying to balance Wise Oak. Starkonja's is not best in slot -- the enchant is. If you're not going to bother with 20% slam enchant, just wear any helm you want.

Looking at your character real quick, you have 90% resists over cap in fire and cold, and youre under cap in lightning. you just need to itemize better. also, read Wise oak, it's not currently proving any fire pen with the way your current resist set up

Thanks. I changed the resists to work better with Wise Oak. Now I have 101% resists for both fire and cold and 82% lightning.
Last edited by leopard2lx on Jun 1, 2019, 2:06:25 PM
Multistrike change, if I'm reading it correctly (about 44% less attack speed and double damage on third hit, so 33% more damage), reduces this build's DPS by about 25 percent. Between this and the loss of a consistent way to proc Akaraali's life gain boost, I would not recommend this build for 3.7 unless there is a substantial buff to Razors or a rework of tectonic slam.

Chieftan's problem that it's endurance charge branch isn't very good for tech slam, providing up to 21% more (if always have charge for slam) and 15% more if you have consumed 5 charges recently, which will not have 100% uptime (esp. w/o multistrike).

If you want to use these swords or Oni or foils and go full fire conversion with covered in Ash (an average of up to 46% more damage with the added fire pendulum and a high phys weapon), you have to ignore the charge branch to take Tasalio, which is by far the reason to choose Chieftan. You can take the charge generation with your last point, but either totem option gives you more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info