[3.6] Tectonic Slam Jugg: MELT CONTENT (melee lives!) Razors build (discontinued)

"
rainmeadow wrote:
Is it worth using Wildfire Crimson Jewel or are other Jewels that much better?

That jewel is for Molten Strike.
"
"
rainmeadow wrote:
Is it worth using Wildfire Crimson Jewel or are other Jewels that much better?

That jewel is for Molten Strike.
My bad - obviously wasn't reading properly (also new to PoE) :P

here is my gear from the crit version. Did t10 map super easy and fast and almost instantly kill boss(i dont have higher map). i really like it so far but i wont play that much during flashback because i dont like 1 month league lol. will probably play this build during legion league unless i see something really cool i want to try for legion (new skill from legion maybe?)

lv 85

5k hp (that low but doesnt feel too bad so far)
Last edited by dragonpowi on May 22, 2019, 7:55:36 PM
"
dragonpowi wrote:

here is my gear from the crit version. Did t10 map super easy and fast and almost instantly kill boss(i dont have higher map). i really like it so far but i wont play that much during flashback because i dont like 1 month league lol. will probably play this build during legion league unless i see something really cool i want to try for legion (new skill from legion maybe?)

lv 85

5k hp (that low but doesnt feel too bad so far)

Nice setup, glad you had fun. We'll have to wait a bit (weeks) for the new skill gem info, new support gems, changed stun thresholds, accuracy changes, etc. Even then we won't know what all the new unique jewels can modify on the tree. So far none of the announced appear to have much effect on the build. A buff the Razors would be nice to ensure they aren't power crept out.
I have a quite interesting question regarding the new league mechanics:

We need to kill the statues to trigger them into mobs after the obelisk channeled through, right? right. So ... my problem here is; we only get endurance charges while we get hit from something, right? right. Which means we will have absolutely 0 charges through the whole "trigger phase", cause the statues obviously wont doing anything to us, thus not one single charged slam, thus 60% less dmg potential in the most important phase of the whole thing, thus wasting time and even worse, dont get the best loot mobs triggered in time.

Now my question: If we would use endurance cry on the statues (assuming it works, what i think it should, would be a joke if not) we get full charges, that we will instantly dump into charged attacks, but will they "restack" from the unflinching ascendency passive or will it be the few attacks and then wet noodle attacks again till endurance cry is ready?

Thats literally the only issue whats keeping me from playing this as my league starter. As a second or third char it wouldnt bother me, because you facestomp your way till high end maps with all that currency you have at that point, but not having the full potential on the core mechanic of a new league with the very first char on self made gear on a 30c budget? I dont think so.
"
deimudda69 wrote:

We need to kill the statues to trigger them into mobs after the obelisk channeled through, right? right. So ... my problem here is; we only get endurance charges while we get hit from something, right? right. Which means we will have absolutely 0 charges through the whole "trigger phase", cause the statues obviously wont doing anything to us, thus not one single charged slam, thus 60% less dmg potential in the most important phase of the whole thing, thus wasting time and even worse, dont get the best loot mobs triggered in time.

Now my question: If we would use endurance cry on the statues (assuming it works, what i think it should, would be a joke if not) we get full charges, that we will instantly dump into charged attacks, but will they "restack" from the unflinching ascendency passive or will it be the few attacks and then wet noodle attacks again till endurance cry is ready?

Thats literally the only issue whats keeping me from playing this as my league starter. As a second or third char it wouldnt bother me, because you facestomp your way till high end maps with all that currency you have at that point, but not having the full potential on the core mechanic of a new league with the very first char on self made gear on a 30c budget? I dont think so.

I don`t think that the missing Endurance Charges will ever matter. They are a nice bonus (21% more damage effectively). But nothing more. Especially at the beginning you can do so many cheap upgrades to your gear that you can multiply your damage, not only add 21%. With 40c (includes 25-30c for a 6l) for gear + 20-30c for unique flasks in the first days of the league you can already get easily 600k shaper dps. And after that, you can double that damage multiple times again with better gear.
Last edited by Rake7 on May 23, 2019, 10:33:04 PM
"
deimudda69 wrote:

I'm pretty sure you just have to tag the statues, not "kill" them ("Untether monsters by dealing damage to them"). If using the Eye setup, you will generate charges since they're ignitable. you can see it in Ziggy's video:

https://youtu.be/KTr5iBSsdbw?t=53

He's using enduring cry for charges once they pop, which I wouldn't bother with regardless of Eye/Stun setup, but it's fine. If you're using stun for charges, once the statues pop and you hit them, it will be the same as clearing any usual map mobs and endurance charges should be consistent without cry.

There are 2 problems you can see from the video though: Statues are not being stunned, and it doesn't look like auto-targeting works on them. Obviously Eye of Innocence isn't going to be a day 1 item, so we're all starting with stun for charge generation. Like I said before, this isn't that big of a deal unless we really have to take rares down to zero/near zero life. If that's the case, a lot of builds won't be able to release anything near full armies.

The second and more real problem is if this goes live with wonky targeting. Tec Slam will be able to get by since the AoE is so large and attack speed can be ramped up very high, but skills like winter orb (or any totem) would be unusable. We're still far from release though and hopefully this won't be an issue. They could remove charge dependency entirely from the skill, who knows.

This is my first character, playing on PS4 and i could use some gear help. I finally got an eye and picked up another razor. i seem to be having DEX issues, i think it's from Blood Rage. also, my life is really low, but all my gear has life rolls. I'm not sure where to go from here. Moving from an ichimonji / scaeva to the eye and double razor feels a bit squishier? i'm using my health pots more often, am i missing a key skill node or is my gear lacking? also do i need AoF now that i have razors?
"
rmpdu22 wrote:
This is my first character, playing on PS4 and i could use some gear help. I finally got an eye and picked up another razor. i seem to be having DEX issues, i think it's from Blood Rage. also, my life is really low, but all my gear has life rolls. I'm not sure where to go from here. Moving from an ichimonji / scaeva to the eye and double razor feels a bit squishier? i'm using my health pots more often, am i missing a key skill node or is my gear lacking? also do i need AoF now that i have razors?

Ok, whole bunch of stuff. Don't worry, there are a lot of unintuitive mechanics in this, if you can grok some of it, you're doing great.

Yes, drop Avatar of Fire since the Razors are now giving you full conversion.

Drop added fire for Combustion.

Your gloves are giving you assasin's mark, which will overwrite your enfeeble curse and are not necessary since you're EO and not crit. Any good rares with life and resists (look for dex too if you need it) will be better. Spiked gloves are the best base. You will lose some accuracy but it may not even be enough to drop you below 95%, you'll have to check it out. War bannner is another option if your mana can handle it.

The Sorrow of the Divine is actively hurting you, turning your life regen into energy shield regen when active. Read what Zealot's Oath does. See if Cinderswallows are Wise Oaks (you may have to fiddle with your resists for this one) are within your price range.

Take blood rage off of CWDT, unless there's some controller limit to button binds and it won't fit. If you hook it up to increased duration it should stay active for a full map with only one press unless you are inactive for awhile. molten shell in it's current state is kinda garbage.

Take a +30 dex node if you need to. you can also grab +10 dex when you take the jewel slot straight south of the Duelist start. Marauder has +20 Dex/Int with a little attack speed and accuracy as well.

Life: you have 4 5% life nodes left to take, which will help. Also, the amount of life you have on each piece of gear besides your chest is inadequate. Having one, maybe 2 pieces of gear with crafted life is passable, and you have that or worse (on your boots). Do what you are able to to remedy that.

Nice jewels choices.

Check the Pantheon section of the main guide and make sure you are using Arakaali's with the Jungle Valley boss captured. The lesser pantheon that gives % phys damage reduction per hit recently works very well with the Eye set up as well, though you may have to jog that around depending on map mods.

Finally, do Uber Lab asap. you can respec out of Unyielding (check the wiki on how to do this) and take Unstoppable & Unbreakable. This will make the character feel much much better, good luck!

Last edited by sleevelessless on May 24, 2019, 10:21:48 AM
Thank you so much for the detailed response. i've completely stopped playing D3, i'm having so much fun with PoE.

Combustion is blue, how difficult is it to roll my chest? i only have 350 chromatics.

i was using the sorrow flask for for 40% buff and also consecrated ground, thinking the increased crit chance would help with EO. is that not right?

should i cap blood rage at a lower level to cut on DEX? i saw previously in this thread to keep CWDT lower lvl so i can grab some new gems.

i just found my last unlock for Uber lab last night, i'll grab that today!

thanks for the build and great guide, this character has been a ton of fun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info