[3.6] Vowel's Crit Storm Brand Elementalist - Flaskless Uber Elder

GREAT GUIDE! GREAT BUILD LFG! THANKS OP
IGN:Paicesenberg
Great build guide!
To fix the leveling trees just cahnge the version in link from 3.4.0 to 3.5.0 did the trick to me yesterday.

Like this

The build feels great while leveling fast and smooth even on 5l at lvl 42 so far.

And what do you think about new veiled mod on rings or amulets that gives mana from damage taken? It should help with mana sustain.
Last edited by Flampera on Dec 19, 2018, 3:52:59 AM
"
And what do you think about new veiled mod on rings or amulets that gives mana from damage taken? It should help with mana sustain.

Good if you stack it - bad if you don't have a lot of it. I don't personally like it but if you got open mods go for it. I know someone running my build with like 15% of that stat
I am a Mirror, I do not exist.
Here are my items so far. I'm still working on the coloring for the helm and boots (ran out of chromes). Any recommendations for a priority of the next few upgrades and if I need to optimize anything I have currently?

I'm working my way through T9s now and everything has been smooth.

Last edited by Merkoh on Dec 19, 2018, 9:26:23 AM
With the changes to shield charge, do you think it's still worth seeking out attack speed on the weapon?

Also, quick question on Recall; when you guys find you use it? My cast speed seems high enough to do just do a ranged .2 second click across the screen to wipe the packs, so I don't seem to use recall a whole lot. It's a bit of burst on bosses, but trap seems to handle that well and you don't have to get that close.
Last edited by JoeODanger on Dec 19, 2018, 12:07:23 PM
Amazing build OP, honestly, it shreds content with ease, i repurposed my old support character at level 92 so i could try to grind out the rest of the way to 100 with it, and it tears bosses down and clears map like an autobomber, its amazing.

Only thing i did a little different was, for mapping (doing anything other than shaper/elder basically) i socket phase run and inc duration in place of shield charge and faster attacks, and spam phase run and use a more move speed quicksilver, i'm running through maps crazy fast only having to recall and destroy things. 10/10 build, VERY little cost to get going, i put in under 2 ex and i was already killing guardians and mapping super fast with ease.

Currently trying to scale it up a bit higher, any advice OP? linking gear below, current guess is the helm enchant (ugh lol) and lightning damage on an opal ring. The survivability is great even with only 5.5k hp due to MoM and the layers of defense you've worked in, even in bosses, though i'd like to get some more life on rings/helmet so they are not crafted values. Sometimes i use phase run and decoy totem liberally and make sure that he sticks on the totems while i phase run around damaging him lol.

Spoiler

"
JoeODanger wrote:
Also, quick question on Recall; when you guys find you use it? My cast speed seems high enough to do just do a ranged .2 second click across the screen to wipe the packs, so I don't seem to use recall a whole lot. It's a bit of burst on bosses, but trap seems to handle that well and you don't have to get that close.

Recall is an amazing tool! I use it CONSTANTLY, even with a .2 second cast speed, storm brand still stops your motion in a map, if you brand recall, you effectively get 100% uptime on stormbrand and you never have to recast it. The reason is, recall grants 1.2 second duration to detached time, which is base base 11 seconds, and recall has a 1.5 second cooldown (for me currently, at least), so i'm refreshing the detached duration every time i recall, so i spawn 5 storm brands, then just run through the map at super speeds and recall on cooldown, i've not had to re cast storm brand yet in a map.

For bosses i rarely use it though, only when things spawn near me do i use it to get that burst on them and kill them quickly, or if the boss moves near me i hit it then run (damn you Phoenix).
Last edited by Akatashi on Dec 20, 2018, 2:33:41 AM
Nice build =)
Is the skill tree up to date in pastebin or in the guide?
"
Is the skill tree up to date in pastebin or in the guide?

Yes

"
Currently trying to scale it up a bit higher, any advice OP?

You look like you're doing amazing already - I'm sure you know how to take the build into a stronger direction. I've laid the groundwork you just keep building to your playstyle

"
Here are my items so far. I'm still working on the coloring for the helm and boots (ran out of chromes). Any recommendations for a priority of the next few upgrades and if I need to optimize anything I have currently?

I'm working my way through T9s now and everything has been smooth.

You're doing amazing too! If you can't get a Trap Damage/Faster Casting gloves, you can also do Advanced Traps instead of Trap Damage
I am a Mirror, I do not exist.
ahh =)
Last edited by Lacian on Dec 20, 2018, 7:10:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info