[3.6] Chaos Cerberus - an ED LL Occultist | Viable for everything | Deathless UElder + Video

"
subiedude8 wrote:
Guardians, Shaper, red Elder down. Easy life. Going to attempt my first uber Elder. Will report back.

EDIT: Uber Elder down after last portal attempt. Need to learn this fight better--didn't respect early phase elder damage. The siphon slow + shaper balls are aids to deal with in the later phases. This build's damage carried me.

This is a great build for uber elder because you can get your ED ticking on the bosses and just run around kiting shit. I barely had time to stack blight mostly due to the inexperience with all the chaos on the screen, but it didn't even matter dps-wise.

Cheers o/
Build works great. I started with it in Betrayal and i come back every day for more.

Having fun min maxing this build now. Picked up a presence of chayula and just pushed 11.1k ES.

ES boot prices are out of control now. I got my shit pair for 10c and the next cheapest one with 100 ES was 75c. Wtf?

Last edited by subiedude8 on Apr 16, 2019, 7:18:02 PM
Does anyone have any opinions about the multimodded bow so we can have much higher gem lvl on our essence drain and having soul strike for the recharge rate so we can replace some other recharge rate items and maybe get a clarity watchers instead for example?
"
Vorpxx wrote:
Does anyone have any opinions about the multimodded bow so we can have much higher gem lvl on our essence drain and having soul strike for the recharge rate so we can replace some other recharge rate items and maybe get a clarity watchers instead for example?

Yeah - I have some opinions on that.

I tried it and it doesn't work for me that well. The additional damage you get is not noticable outside of bosses - and there it is not a big thing either.
Boss DPS of ED is good - but nothing superbananas crazy either way.

I did feel a *lot* squishier though with bow and quiver. Not just because of the ES that we will be missing but also the 25% chance to dodge and the 25% phys mitigation from armor etc.

I probs will experiment a bit more with that all somewhere down the line.

You can go for it - obviously. But imo it is that pervasive fallacy that exists among builds who optimise only for damage. There is nothing wrong with that per se - but tbh most people can't play those kind of characters. It is the well known 'mathil-problem'.

I had that with another build guide of mine -> 'occult arc poet' which was supertightly built around maximizing dps. And it had a crapton of dps (to the point GGG nerfed the build 4 times in a row and it is now unplayable.)
The most common complaint on that one was that it 'is to squishy'.
This build here is fine for DPS as well as moderatly tanky - and people obviously now want to cut out all the tankyness to up the DPS which has not much benefit... #le_shrug

So - yeah. Do what you want with that info I guess. You can go whatever direction you would like.
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Apr 17, 2019, 7:51:56 AM
@Vorpxx, This build doesn't need any more damage. The pob dps doesn't do the build justice. I am downing bosses faster than I did with builds showcasing shaper dps in the millions. Cyrix's build has amazing defenses.
Last edited by subiedude8 on Apr 19, 2019, 9:09:28 AM
I definitely appreciate the replies, I've been playing it a bit myself recently and have no complaints as far as the boss killing ability or survival go but i'm just one of those people who always wants to figure out how to push it further so i've been trying to figure out some ways to do that
"
Vorpxx wrote:
I definitely appreciate the replies, I've been playing it a bit myself recently and have no complaints as far as the boss killing ability or survival go but i'm just one of those people who always wants to figure out how to push it further so i've been trying to figure out some ways to do that

Yeah, I guess my point was that you are not pushing it further but sideways - with the bow/soulstrike combo you get more damage but trade in suvivability.

For this build those items are direct upgrades in terms of damage as well as survivablity:

Appreciate the viewpoints about it, good to have someone who has a lot more experience with the build than I do who is willing to give some input as to why certain decisions are made - i'll have a look into those slots in that case
Still not bored of this build. Anything creative I can do with 16ex XD? Was also curious OP if you have tried to incorporate Bane into this build instead of contagion. Bane looks like a much stronger AoE than contagion without the drawback of the one-two punch style of this.

Also, those immune monsters with the totem/mob you have to kill in the middle of the pack spawn way more often than I would like -_- Is there a better strategy than suicide diving the middle of the pack or painfully drawing the immune minions away to kill them one by one?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info