[3.6] Chaos Cerberus - an ED LL Occultist | Viable for everything | Deathless UElder + Video

I made another Build Guide: feel free to check it out:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2323614
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
I made another Build Guide: feel free to check it out:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2323614

I haven't yet tried this Cerberus build, but so far, this new DoomHerald build is my favorite. Great job!
Until I'm able to get a good corrupted shavs (eg +1 all gems alongside +2 duration/projectile),is it worthwhile just running a multimodded +1 bow and Soul Strike? The bow gives me a cheap way to get level 28 ED (+1 all, empower 4, +2 support gems), and the soul strike regen is super nice. I know I wouldn't be abl to run extra purity auras as easily, but that's fine.

Again, this is just until I can afford a well-corrupted shavs.

Also, why not spring for a high itemlevel rare hubris circlet? You can craft -9% chaos resistance through fossils and reach much higher energy shield levels, with the possibility of 5% reduced mana reservation too.
Last edited by GokzhuL on Feb 5, 2019, 6:33:31 PM
"
GokzhuL wrote:
Until I'm able to get a good corrupted shavs (eg +1 all gems alongside +2 duration/projectile),is it worthwhile just running a multimodded +1 bow and Soul Strike? The bow gives me a cheap way to get level 28 ED (+1 all, empower 4, +2 support gems), and the soul strike regen is super nice. I know I wouldn't be abl to run extra purity auras as easily, but that's fine.

Again, this is just until I can afford a well-corrupted shavs.

Also, why not spring for a high itemlevel rare hubris circlet? You can craft -9% chaos resistance through fossils and reach much higher energy shield levels, with the possibility of 5% reduced mana reservation too.

Hey! You sure can use a bow and Soulstrike. But keep in mind that you will also loose 2500ES; 2500Armor and might have a harder time fitting the Auras into things.

The rare Hubris Circlet is worse then then Ebers Unification. You can get 100ES or so more - thats true. But Ebers gives -20% Chaos resists compared to just -9% from the rare Hubris Circlet. And that is quite a bit difference; especially on bosses.
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Feb 6, 2019, 8:07:23 AM
Hi there,
Having had a play around in pob I've seen the +2 level shavs adds huge damage, were all your vids done with this and is it still doable without the corr?

Have played several builds and really like this but have only got a normal shavs and not loads of currency at present to throw at one, not that there is one on the market atm
"
lukeyp87 wrote:
Hi there,
Having had a play around in pob I've seen the +2 level shavs adds huge damage, were all your vids done with this and is it still doable without the corr?

Have played several builds and really like this but have only got a normal shavs and not loads of currency at present to throw at one, not that there is one on the market atm

Sure! Someone in the thread here did Uelder Deathless as well and afaik he used an uncorrupted Shavs. (I also linked his video in the OP)

It is nice to have a good corruption on it - but it isnt really needed. ED is more about controlled playing and less nuking - and with this build you have enough defenses to make the most out of that playstyle.

(In particular I also avoided doing shifty things like useing and checking a VaalRF etc in this build. VaalRF also adds a huge chunk of damage - but only for 3 seconds or so over an entire fight. Considering all EndGame bosses have multiple stages having 3seconds of higher Damage is almost negligable; it just looks cool on PoB)
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Feb 7, 2019, 3:17:13 PM
nvm delete
Last edited by Toocrunk on Feb 8, 2019, 3:36:09 AM
"
Toocrunk wrote:
nvm delete

No, Doedre doesnt do much for us - we do DoT/Degeneration damage, we do not hit. Eber's really is the best helmet for this build.
I'm still kinds new to certain aspects of chaos builds in general but is there a perk to running aul's over my current amulet?
I'm using impresence with free mana reserved despair, adds chaos damage and damage over time

Or is it more that mine is offensive biased rather than the defensive side of es

I got very lucky and a very generous person gave me a 6L shavs so I have had a bit of currency come spare so looking where next to invest
"
lukeyp87 wrote:
I'm still kinds new to certain aspects of chaos builds in general but is there a perk to running aul's over my current amulet?
I'm using impresence with free mana reserved despair, adds chaos damage and damage over time

Or is it more that mine is offensive biased rather than the defensive side of es

I got very lucky and a very generous person gave me a 6L shavs so I have had a bit of currency come spare so looking where next to invest

Hey! You can run the Chaos Impresence as well, sure. :) The only rolls on it that are of note for this build are the manareservation, +16 to stats; the Damage over Time - aaand thats it.

Added Chaos Damage does not do anything for DoT Damage; its only useful for things that hit. The Life-roll sadly doesn't do anything for us either; we reserve our life away anyhow.
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Feb 9, 2019, 6:07:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info