[3.6] Chaos Cerberus - an ED LL Occultist | Viable for everything | Deathless UElder + Video

"
Cyrix1337 wrote:

{snip text unrelated to my reply}

I am a tad confused about you thinking that there is confusion about the curse/purity setup? :o

I mostly do not run TC since I let Blight/Spider Aura/Wither do the slowing work. Only for deeper delves (400+) I tend to switch out Despair for TC; since damage is not the problem against the hordes of weak mobs in delves.

I think you might have assumed that I used both TC and Enfeeble? I found that TC against bosses is very lackluster and prefer Despair instead. (For easy gem swapping vorici-craft one or more white sockets on your curse-setup)

You're absolutely right, my brain must've turned to mush when I was looking. I'm still without the spider craft at this point (its next on the list, but was struggling with finding room to reserve more mana, but i'll just turn off TC and use it), but that makes perfect sense about not necessarily needing TC + spider, since its basically TC with extra damage.
So, I have an issue - i'm trying to set up tri-purity skills according to this PoB version, but when i slot skills into the boots, I'm not going under 50% life reserved no matter what. What am i missing?

My current build is in the profile and here's PoB link with passives: https://pastebin.com/yWFacA1y
"
Manstus wrote:

You're absolutely right, my brain must've turned to mush when I was looking. I'm still without the spider craft at this point (its next on the list, but was struggling with finding room to reserve more mana, but i'll just turn off TC and use it), but that makes perfect sense about not necessarily needing TC + spider, since its basically TC with extra damage.

Just to be clear - I DO run 2 Auras AND the Aspect of the Spider. If you want to run Temporal Chain, Enfeeble AND Aspect of the Spider you can! If you prefer Enfeeble, Despair AND aspect of the Spider you can as well! Thats kinda the whole point of going with Aul's. ^^

I am not sure this came across.
"
Smirnoffico wrote:
So, I have an issue - i'm trying to set up tri-purity skills according to this PoB version, but when i slot skills into the boots, I'm not going under 50% life reserved no matter what. What am i missing?

My current build is in the profile and here's PoB link with passives: https://pastebin.com/yWFacA1y

Ah, this is not a big deal:

You are not quite following the guide close enough - you miss points on your talent tree:

Take at least the first of those three nodes (though I would recommend tou take them all) to fix your reservation problem.
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Jan 30, 2019, 12:17:00 PM
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
Hi_im_Gno wrote:
i was curious about your thoughts on flasks, not worth running a dying sun for aoe?

No. Essence Drain spreads to everything anyhow - there is no need for multiple ED projectiles. Only one instance of ED can be active at one enemy at a time.
So hitting multiple times - or spreading multiple EDs/overlapping them on mobs (which would be hard to do anyhow) is mechanically not possible.

when i said aoe i ment the aoe modifier for contagion not the multiple projectile. i said it cause some months/year ago it was common to run dying sun on ED builds but i see the aoe has been nerfed on it.
other flasks just some magic flasks with immunities? i noticed you dont run the witchfire brew either.
"
Hi_im_Gno wrote:
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
Hi_im_Gno wrote:
i was curious about your thoughts on flasks, not worth running a dying sun for aoe?

No. Essence Drain spreads to everything anyhow - there is no need for multiple ED projectiles. Only one instance of ED can be active at one enemy at a time.
So hitting multiple times - or spreading multiple EDs/overlapping them on mobs (which would be hard to do anyhow) is mechanically not possible.

when i said aoe i ment the aoe modifier for contagion not the multiple projectile. i said it cause some months/year ago it was common to run dying sun on ED builds but i see the aoe has been nerfed on it.
other flasks just some magic flasks with immunities? i noticed you dont run the witchfire brew either.

Yeah, Dying Sun is not that hot. You can still do so if you want - I just think it is not that good. You can certainly run witchfire, might do that myself actually.
Ugh, how did I miss that node?! Yeah, it's all good now!
"
Smirnoffico wrote:
Ugh, how did I miss that node?! Yeah, it's all good now!

Haha. That happens. You are welcome! :)
https://gyazo.com/76b6169a90cbd72f8382ac7c23d65eff

HEY, what do you think about this change to the tree to gain 3 points?
Last edited by Hi_im_Gno on Feb 2, 2019, 5:39:51 AM
"
Hi_im_Gno wrote:
https://gyazo.com/76b6169a90cbd72f8382ac7c23d65eff

HEY, what do you think about this change to the tree to gain 3 points?

If you have the strength, go for it! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info