[3.5] Storm Brand Elementalist | Budget Viable | Speed Clear

"
I wanna test ES version =) Could you give me pastebin?)

This guy's version is Occultist, but it relies on converting the lightning to cold with 2 Call of the Brotherhoods, and getting extra chaos damage by other means, but revolves around Storm Brand regardless.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2251919/page/1
"
reciprocate wrote:
"

This guy's version is Occultist, but it relies on converting the lightning to cold with 2 Call of the Brotherhoods, and getting extra chaos damage by other means, but revolves around Storm Brand regardless.

Interestring, but no. I want this build with ES =)
"
"
reciprocate wrote:
"

Interestring, but no. I want this build with ES =)

I figure it's still viable as an elementalist. But really, Occultist is so much better for getting higher eHP/ES due to Wicked Ward and Vile Bastion along with all the quality of life changes they provide too. Elementalist provides more damage and clear speed overall though.
Last edited by reciprocate on Dec 23, 2018, 2:55:02 AM
Would love to hear more opinions on how to improve single target, or hear what other people's experiences are with this build in single target situations.
"
Would love to hear more opinions on how to improve single target, or hear what other people's experiences are with this build in single target situations.

I'm only leveling up myself. But if you can make space with a pseudo 5L/6L shpaer gloves with socketed faster casting and trap damage supports. Then stick Lightning Spire Trap with that. Since LST basically functions similarly to how Storm Brand is in relying on lightning, crit, cast speed, and relatively good scaling with effectiveness of added damage. It should alleviate single target dps issues I figure, and if u can fit a Vaal RF too, the combination of both on a really high crit build would melt bosses.
"

ive done up to tier 14 maps so far and single target has been decent. I

i switched enchance for arcane surge on brand recall for more damage an cast speed. Also i have vaal rf- inc duration for 30% more spell damage as well as a craft on my gloves that gives ~20s of onslaught when i use vaal rf which helps with single target as well. f i get farther and feel i need more damage ill just switch my shield for another scepter for bosses or put lighning spire trap in some gloves
Thanks for the guide !

In the 6L of Storm Brand, is there a reason to use Added Cold Damage over Increased Critical Damage ? Since it's a heavy crit build.
"

Hey i'm doing the build too and have been having no problem with single target. What i'm using that's a little different then the posted:

Inpulsa's he does mention as an option. As elementalist, it's so FRIGGIN GOOD for clear and single target. It buffs our shock even more. Clear speed went from very fast to as fast as I can possibly go. Single target was night and day difference.

Wise oak, more penetration, one less defensive flask.

I got SUPER lucky with this, but my leather belt dropped from a syndicate safe house chest. Not only great roll on life and resist, but it also has aspect of the spider. This helps more with survival but also gives you a flat MORE buff which helps with single target. I'm not 100% sure if this is better to use over a nice roll stygian with a nice jewel in it instead. So far, it FEELS stronger though.

Also, vaal RF helps a ton for single target. Watchers eyes with life and 2+ added damage help a ton.

For more single target i'm thinking of slotting in self cast conductivity. I have it leveled up and think it'll be a very solid addition. I'm also considering maybe dropping hypothermia (as it's not usually as good on bosses) for a rank 3 or 4 empower on my main setup. This should add a lot of boss dmg as well.

So far I've cleared every tier of map on thi's build no problem outside of guardians and up. Map bosses, even in T14-15 die almost immediately. I will be working toward that this weekend.
Last edited by coaa on Dec 24, 2018, 10:31:19 AM
"
Zein51 wrote:
Thanks for the guide !

In the 6L of Storm Brand, is there a reason to use Added Cold Damage over Increased Critical Damage ? Since it's a heavy crit build.

Wondering about that myself, due to the 35% damage effectiveness even with the high amount of average damage added cold provides instead over added lightning. It doesn't seem all that great, better off with other choices imo. Maybe a greater chance of chilling and freezing mobs? Which shouldn't be necessary all that much as elementalist with herald of ice and chilling conflux effect of Shaper of Desolation ascendancy.

"
I got SUPER lucky with this, but my leather belt dropped from a syndicate safe house chest. Not only great roll on life and resist, but it also has aspect of the spider. This helps more with survival but also gives you a flat MORE buff which helps with single target. I'm not 100% sure if this is better to use over a nice roll stygian with a nice jewel in it instead. So far, it FEELS stronger though.

Is it really a More multiplier. Just 3 stacks of Increased as looking thru the wiki of what Aspect of the Spider does since it pretty much applies a hinder effect. Or maybe it works similar to how Yoke of Suffering does where it may say or imply increased damage, but acts as a More multiplier due to stacking. And a person doesn't need to get that aspect of a spider mod on their belt necessarily, can try to get it on various equippable slots such as rings, shields, amulets, body armor, etc. But something to look out for.
Last edited by reciprocate on Dec 24, 2018, 8:07:50 PM
"
reciprocate wrote:
"
Zein51 wrote:
Thanks for the guide !

Wondering about that myself, due to the 35% damage effectiveness even with the high amount of average damage added cold provides instead over added lightning. It doesn't seem all that great, better off with other choices imo. Maybe a greater chance of chilling and freezing mobs? Which shouldn't be necessary all that much as elementalist with herald of ice and chilling conflux effect of Shaper of Desolation ascendancy.

"

Is it really a More multiplier. Just 3 stacks of Increased as looking thru the wiki of what Aspect of the Spider does since it pretty much applies a hinder effect. Or maybe it works similar to how Yoke of Suffering does where it may say or imply increased damage, but acts as a More multiplier due to stacking. And a person doesn't need to get that aspect of a spider mod on their belt necessarily, can try to get it on various equippable slots such as rings, shields, amulets, body armor, etc. But something to look out for.

I have to look into it more for aspect of the spider. I could have sworn a few streamers were saying it's a more multiplier. I notice them trying to get it on something if they have the mana to spare in reserve. It is nice for defense so far though...if anything survives that is.

I'm not positive on the cold damage gem. I think it's to ensure we shatter or at least freeze stuff that doesn't shatter. I noticed a big difference before I didn't have currency for life + cold + lightning dmg jewels and was only stacking life + lightning ones. Once I filled them all in with cold as well even high red maps I was easily shattering and freezing everything.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info