[3.5] Crit Winter Orb Assassin [All Contents][Uber Elder Deathless]

Thank you very much for the guide and Congratz on your awesome Uber Elder fight. It's much faster than a lot of other builds and I thought elementalist would have better dps.

Got a +2 tabula and had no trouble tearing act bosses into pieces. Still very squishy since I'm lazy to cap res and actually too broke to do anything about it :D

A few questions though:

1. How important is vortex? I understand it's necessary for chilling for hypothermia, right? I am a little afraid to go close so I am using a cold snap just to apply chilling better from afar. I am not sure it's effective or not.

2. How do you use decoy totem? I feel it's a bit clunky to summon totem every now and then while also keeping WO stack, should we use a wand with "trigger when use a skill" mod?

3. Talking about wands, void is quite expensive. Do you think it's better, cost-wise, to switch to dual rare wands with spell damge + crit chance and possibly replace PCoC with some other support gem (Conc E or Cold pen?)?

4. Is there any way to improve tankiness later in exchange for less dps? I am quite bad at mechanical skills/manuever around hard-hitter bosses, including the syndicate.

Thanks in advance!
"
wiwigvn wrote:
Thank you very much for the guide and Congratz on your awesome Uber Elder fight. It's much faster than a lot of other builds and I thought elementalist would have better dps.

Got a +2 tabula and had no trouble tearing act bosses into pieces. Still very squishy since I'm lazy to cap res and actually too broke to do anything about it :D

A few questions though:

1. How important is vortex? I understand it's necessary for chilling for hypothermia, right? I am a little afraid to go close so I am using a cold snap just to apply chilling better from afar. I am not sure it's effective or not.

2. How do you use decoy totem? I feel it's a bit clunky to summon totem every now and then while also keeping WO stack, should we use a wand with "trigger when use a skill" mod?

3. Talking about wands, void is quite expensive. Do you think it's better, cost-wise, to switch to dual rare wands with spell damge + crit chance and possibly replace PCoC with some other support gem (Conc E or Cold pen?)?

4. Is there any way to improve tankiness later in exchange for less dps? I am quite bad at mechanical skills/manuever around hard-hitter bosses, including the syndicate.

Thanks in advance!

1. Vortex is not important. I'm just using it to use my MTX.

2. Decoy totem is often used to kill Syndicate.
It's one of the simple skills to raise your survival rate when DPS is low.

3. Yes, the Void Battery is definitely expensive.
If you want to wear rare items, you can.
If I wasn't Assassin, VB wouldn't have worn.

4. Changing armour & jewels can increase your life.
But there is no guarantee that they will not be killed by Syndicates.
Because I watched 7k Life characters dying in one shot.
"
bvgftr wrote:
"
xauberstar wrote:
would you mind taking a look at my pob? i got all the mandatory stuff but my dmg is still low..

https://pastebin.com/cu3qtPty

what should i upgrade first?

You must use Vaal RF and Frost Bomb.

This is a big part of the WO damage.

Also, use Decoy Totem to increase survival rate!

are those 2 actually so much damage? cause if i compare my POB has like 34k avg dmg? something like that and yours is above 150k

ok actually checked pob again with those 2 im at 118k Avg hit with conc effect

the 4th jewel slot will give about 10k dps more and i guess if i upgrade my other jewels ill reach that 150k mark aswell
Last edited by xauberstar on Dec 17, 2018, 8:26:15 AM
is there a way to keep winter orb up longer? i can only have it go up to 10 seconds
"
coady24 wrote:
is there a way to keep winter orb up longer? i can only have it go up to 10 seconds

I can only keep 6s.
Hey

Do you know how to calculate the proper Winter Orb DPS? It seems its highe then that 400k in PoB.

I saw some ppl that switch GMP for Added Cold on bosses but i dont know if its worth losing 4 projectile?

Do you have any tips for a higher Winter Orb up time? It's little annoying to recast it so often :X
"
Hejti wrote:
Hey

Do you know how to calculate the proper Winter Orb DPS? It seems its highe then that 400k in PoB.

I saw some ppl that switch GMP for Added Cold on bosses but i dont know if its worth losing 4 projectile?

Do you have any tips for a higher Winter Orb up time? It's little annoying to recast it so often :X

I'm not sure, but as far as I know WO DPS = avg Hit * Hit Rate * Number of projectiles

As a result of my own experience, using GMP is much better.

I also have a hard time keeping the stack.
Could you show an example of a rare weapon you recommend?
I just have a question about the shadowstitch would it work still if I bought a +2 to projectile gems for my winter orb because it seems more affordable and currently the ones with duration are expensive compared to the +2 Projectile
"
everkk wrote:
Could you show an example of a rare weapon you recommend?

Weapon - Rare Sceptre
(Spell dmg / Cold dmg / Crit Multiplier / Crit Chance for Spell / Cast Speed / adds # Elemental dmg to spells . . . )

http://poe.trade/search/oreterionikiri

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info