Wrath

"
Teaboar wrote:
Do passive skills that increase lightning damage also increase the lightning damage of this aura on all allies?
That depends on what you're actually asking.

This aura grants stats for bonus lightning damage on attacks to all allies within the radius. If those players have lightning damage passives, they will apply to the base lightning damage they get on their attacks as a result.

Your passives will not affect other player's damage like that, but they will increase the lightning damage you get from having the buff active.
Okay, thanks for the confirmation.

What if you for example use an Added Chaos Damage and an Added Fire Damage support gem respectively in a linked socket with this aura, would it then also add chaos and fire damage to all allies on top of it's usual damage mod?
Last edited by Teaboar on Apr 16, 2012, 7:22:28 AM
"
Teaboar wrote:

What if you for example use an Added Chaos Damage and an Added Fire Damage support gem respectively in a linked socket with this aura, would it then also add chaos and fire damage to all allies on top of it's usual damage mod?

Well if I am not totally wrong then they will NOT apply to the wrath cause wrath is not considered being a skill that does damage. Instead it is a buff that gives the buffed objects the ability to do some extra damage. So the Add x damage gems only work on skills that actually do damage by themself.

/Thrilled
IGN: Azatooth or Xploding
Thank you. Yeah, I guess it would be a bit op otherwise, especially with minions.
"
thrilled wrote:
"
Teaboar wrote:

Well if I am not totally wrong then they will NOT apply to the wrath cause wrath is not considered being a skill that does damage. Instead it is a buff that gives the buffed objects the ability to do some extra damage. So the Add x damage gems only work on skills that actually do damage by themself.

/Thrilled
Correct. The added damage supports add to damage dealt by the supported skill. Auras do not deal damage, so are not supported.
seems a bit weird that there is no incentive for a caster witch to use an aura like this

why don't these aura's also increase lightning damage done on spells by a flat amount for the caster, or something of the like to make it a viable option over something like clarity or discipline?
"...adds lightning damage to the attacks of you and your allies."

Should passives like Arcing Blows and Catalyze increase the damage from this skill?
"
Komorin wrote:
"...adds lightning damage to the attacks of you and your allies."

Should passives like Arcing Blows and Catalyze increase the damage from this skill?
yes, my lv 34 bow templar has +186% damage increase for elemental damage, and this aura increases by a very noticeable amount despite low numbers on the skill itself.
Good to know, thanks!
Is there a reason why Wrath has only one stat requirement (int) compared with the other damage boosting auras? With just one stat it requires a very high amount of int, which seems counter-intuitive as only attacks can get the bonus.

If Anger could be changed to str/dex, Wrath to int/str and Hatred stays int/dex it would make more sense (at least for me).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info