General Gem Discussion

These items seem like they may need a closer look at from the balancing teams, I feel like everyone is using them these days. Rip build diversity, kappa.
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
Last edited by PrinceOfPuddles on Oct 15, 2015, 3:42:21 PM
I have to ideas I'd like to share:

- Well, a streamer mentioned this one but I liked the thought: Ele Hit as support gem. Don't know if really good / useful but the skill itself is bad, can't find any build with it in the forum and I tried it out myself... :/ As a support gem for Elemental builds it might get useful again.

- General idea for one of the coming expansions ;) : Skillgems with sockets. WUT? So the basic Idea is, u have an Spell/Attack and chose what dmg type (element/phys/chaos) to use it with. The dmg type also determines the specific mechanic of the skill.

For example you have a Spellgem called "Projectile". If u socket an added fire dmg gem into it u get Fireball. If u use added cold you get Ice Spear, and if u chose added lightning you get Spark. Maybe you could use added chaos or a phys dmg gem to get a chaos projectile spell or one with phys damage. Instead of using "Projectile" you could use "Nova" or "Storm" etc.
I think this would open up a couple of options/possibilities.

Thanks for reading :)

Hello.

Related to the new skills announced:

Shouldnt Wither be a Curse? I dont get why it is not a curse since it has the exactly the same effects than other similar spells that nowadays are curses (flammability, conductivity, etc).

And the other question is, given that blasphemy seems a support gem specially designed for Melee/Close Range characters, why is it only Int Based? Shoulnt at least be a mixed one? Like STR/INT or DEX/INT for example? Otherwise it would be almost impossible to use it with Marauder and Duelists.

HC SSF Harbinguer : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 94 (RIP).
STANDARD : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 97 (ALL CONTENT DONE)
Wither is not a Curse, it's a Debuff - and a (partially) stacking one at that. That's what sets it apart from Curses.

Blasphemy revolves entirely around Curses, which are purely Int-aligned. If you don't have the Int to run a lv20 Blasphemy, use it at a lower Gem level, simple as that. We don't even know what the per-level bonus is, so whether the requirements are a big deal or not is entirely unknown :/
Hi!

Not sure if this was raised before, but there are issues with some of the movement gems. Like why Whirling Blades when toggled activate immediately, even if we click far from our character, while gems like Leap Slam and Flame Dash activate with a delay if we click farther from our char, ie. our char walks a certain length and then the gem is activated.

IMO this makes Leap Slam and Flame Dash rather broken compared to Whirling Blades movement mechanics, which works as it should.
Using Attack-in-place, shift by default, allows you to Flame Dash/Leap from where you stand.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Using Attack-in-place, shift by default, allows you to Flame Dash/Leap from where you stand.

I know that, but it's only a work-around to a broken mechanic.
Hi everyone..
I have a question.

Why the..are thiere restrictions to which character can buy which skill gem after completed the respective quest? I thought POE´s big Feature is that you can turn every character in what ever you like, but than i have to play another character to get certain gems. Doesn´t make scence to me..
"
fafnirgd88 wrote:
Hi everyone..
I have a question.

Why the..are thiere restrictions to which character can buy which skill gem after completed the respective quest? I thought POE´s big Feature is that you can turn every character in what ever you like, but than i have to play another character to get certain gems. Doesn´t make scence to me..

I can find a sense. You can play what you want and turn everything into everything but this doesn't say that you will get evrything.

Use trade chat to get Skill Gems (or guilds or make a new char). Getting gems is not even a real Problem... you can get them nearly everywhere...

______

I have got the Impression that Phase Run is barely used. Is it not powerful enough (not enough damage or utility)?
ign: fanimala
Last edited by fanimala on Jan 15, 2016, 8:26:34 PM
not sure where to post this but...

Does anyone else thing Elemental hit needs an update? if you think about it, elemental hit is just a weaker version of wild strike, without the effects, i've yet to see anyone make a build on this skill, my suggestion for something that could improve elemental hit would be to give it the effects like firestorm ice storm and lightning storm, it would bring uniqueness to the skill and give it some eye candy :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info