General Gem Discussion

I spend a significant amount of time day-dreaming about new skill gems and such for this game. Maybe it's a problem? Whatevs.

Anyway, my most recent creation is Vaal Blade Vortex!

Check it out:

1 Soul per Cast, can store something like 8 Uses.

Each cast is just like regular blade vortex where one revolving dagger is summoned with a 5 second duration. The Vaal part comes in where the duration is refreshed anytime that specific dagger deals a critical strike!

Awesome right?!

I always wished there was a skilltree instead of skill gems, for skills...

Upgrading skills with experience is fine, and would still work with a skill tree which gives access to skill upgrade paths/branches.

Something about characters having absolutely no skills of their own just puts me off.
Sure, they have passive skills of their own -- but no active skills...
and no matter how good they are at a skill, they can't evolve the skill without finding passive gem out in the wild...
I noticed that there are no threads for support gems, why is that?
Last edited by Raudram on Feb 21, 2016, 5:10:00 PM
"
Raudram wrote:
I noticed that there are no threads for support gems, why is that?

They have their own subforum :P Supports are not Skill gems.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 21, 2016, 7:09:02 PM
Sleep deprivation issues, sorry!
Would nice to have a good skill for dual wielding!
PoE could really use an Energy Drain spell/weapon skill. Essence Drain is in already, so no Energy Drain is a noticeable gap.
GGG please add this skill gem:

lightning sap
lightning spell, 0.5sec cast time
5sec duration

the corpses of monsters that have been killed from you or your totems while this buff is active, get sapped and increase your energy shield by (gemlvl*1) for the duration of the buff.
I think it's time for GGG to get an other patch of new Vaal Gem...

Since the patch Vaal, no new Vaal Gem have appear but a lots of new gem did. I like those new gem and they make the game fresh for me.... But I really like Vaal Gem, they give a character a little bonus and sometime they have a great explosive effect.

Right now I still see some Vaal Haste at 5 chaos in the league... people still like them I'm sure.
Hi. Whats difference between +50% totem DMG VS +50% Physical DMG with Bows? I would like to know whats better for dual Ranged Attack Totems. So better add passives to totems dmg or bow dmg if both bonus is same? Dual totem.
Last edited by AfricanPrince on Mar 21, 2016, 10:05:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info