General Gem Discussion

Trash 'em. Zero-quality Gems that are easily acquired (Act I/II rewards, Gems that pop up a million times, and just trash Gems) have no value. Making them valuable takes far too much effort - you'd have to level them to 20, twice. That's something for later.

I generally only keep one or two of each Gem that takes more than 5 minutes to acquire, in case another character I make needs one. Quality Gems are worth keeping, and drop-only Gems or stuff like CwDT (can only be acquired once per character, in A3 Merc) are always worth keeping.
Thanks very much. And I now have more stash space!!
GGG why no Glacial Cascade gem listed? Even in the recent pod cast 7 I think everyone can agree it's damage at higher levels is really bad. Even with a 6-link Taryn's Shiver linked with cold pen, added cold damage, empower, faster casting, increased area of affect, or con effect, I can't do enough damage. Utilizing as many cold damage nodes, duel curse, Carcass Jack, life, and converting grace into armor. This build has enough survivability for higher mapping, but not nearly enough DPS for even L73+ maps. It's not even group viable. Please take a closer look GGG and give us some feedback.

Thank you,
Bushidowiz/Twitch Streamer
Last edited by Bushido74 on Jul 3, 2014, 5:40:40 AM
Hey here's a small balance suggestion list I wrote a bit earlier, thought I'd throw it in here for you.

Searing Bond 15% reduced damage from lvl 1-15. Totem life increased by 15% to compensate.

Flameblast 25% reduced damage across all levels.

Arc 10% reduced damage across all levels.

Ethereal Knives 1-2% projectile speed per level.

Detonate Dead 20% reduced damage.

Lightning Strike: Now grants an additional projectile at level 6 and 15.

Sweep: Damage effectiveness increased from 75% to 90%.

Spark: Duration increased by 33%.

Righteous Fire: Damage decreased by 15%, area of effect increased by 10%.

Power Siphon: Damage effectiveness decreased from 125% to 110%.

Ball lightning: Damage effectiveness increased from 30% to 50% also increased projectile speed by 20%.

Freezing Pulse: Damage increased by 10% across all levels.

Elemental Hit: mana cost reduced by 20% at all levels.

Ranged Attack Totem: Attacks cast by totem decreased 30% less cast speed to 15% less cast speed.

Spell Totem: Spells cast by totem decreased from 30% less cast speed to 15% less cast speed.

Melee Physical damage on full life: Reduced mana cost multiplier from 130% to 110%.

Multiple traps: Increased from 40% less damage to 30% less damage.

Point Blank(gem): Increased attack speed by 10% across all levels.

Iron Grip(gem): Increased attack speed by 10% across all levels.

Slower Projectiles: Damage increased by 33% across all levels.

Faster Attacks: Increased mana cost multiplier from 115% to 130%

Cleave: Increased base damage from 80% to 95% and when dual-wielding from 60% to 70%

Spectral Throw: Reduced projectile damage gained per level from 3% to 1,5%.

Mana Leech(gem): Increased rate of maximum mana per second from 12.5% to 25%.
"
NyllA wrote:
Hey here's a small balance suggestion list I wrote a bit earlier, thought I'd throw it in here for you.

Detonate Dead 20% reduced damage.

Righteous Fire: Damage decreased by 15%, area of effect increased by 10%.

Ball lightning: Damage effectiveness increased from 30% to 50% also increased projectile speed by 20%.

Point Blank(gem): Increased attack speed by 10% across all levels.

Iron Grip(gem): Increased attack speed by 10% across all levels.

Faster Attacks: Increased mana cost multiplier from 115% to 130%

these few make no sense. explain why you chose these and the fixes.

DD, so you want it to deal 15% (rounded up from 14.4%) of corpse' hp in damage? confused why this would be needed when most people would have to spec for non spell fire and AoE damage (and likely burning) in order to get the most out of DD.

RF, if anything some people would ask further... but just as many would complain it would be lowered at all. 50% of hp and es combined in damage to foes is reasonable enough.

BL, pretty sure you don't want to boost the speed of it... that'll just cause it to hit less. i messed around with my fast caster build which happened to have Karui Ward equiped and lightning ball hit only twice... if lucky.

PB and IG, that would give these a net gain too early when these supports are simply a clone of keystones.

FA, most people already agree that attacking faster is a mana penalty of its own.
I would like to suggest a new Gem.

Casters have Lightning Warp, Melee characters have Leap Slam/Shield Charge/Flicker Strike/etc, but Bow users currently lack a build-specific Movement skill.

Some other games (eg Diablo III, Guild Wars 2, even D&D4E) have a bow skill where the user fires an arrow while leaping backwards (immune to attacks during the movement). I would imagine a Green Gem with a skill like this would fill that niche nicely. Since Cold is the Dexterity element, perhaps there could be a chill effect associated with it? You could fire an arrow that Chills mobs in a small AoE around your starting position, or that creates a Chilling patch of ground between where you started and where you end up?
"
ElricOfGrans wrote:
or that creates a Chilling patch of ground between where you started and where you end up?
Arctic Armour?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
"
ElricOfGrans wrote:
or that creates a Chilling patch of ground between where you started and where you end up?
Arctic Armour?

I knew I had seen the effect somewhere in the game, but could not remember where ;) Yeah, that part is obviously not a good idea.
Herald of Ice and Herald of Ash?
Aw, come on, Herald of Lunaris and Herald of Solaris - that's ftw!
When are we going to see bow ranger movement skill? Leap slam and whirl blades are for melee, Light warp is more of a spellcaster thing, so our poor ranger has no movement skills. How about some Dash or Vault or whatever, it's not like it's never been used in other arpg games.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info