General Gem Discussion

"
Kedisi wrote:
Herald of Ice and Herald of Ash?
Aw, come on, Herald of Lunaris and Herald of Solaris - that's ftw!

oO
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
I have an array of questions considering usage of Cast on Death support gem in a non-hardcore league:
1. Is my item rarity retained upon death if death-casted skills finish off mobs?
1.1 Does effect of Wondertrap boots ("100% Increased Rarity of Items Found when on Low Life") keep working as I die?
1.2 If I drink
right before dying, will bonuses to IR/IQ be applied to spells cast by Cast-on-death?

2. I'm using righteous fire, but it stops at 1 hp, as intended. If I drink something like Doedre's Elixir right before RF runs out (when I'm at ~15% hp with -60 chaos res) to finish myself off, will spells cast by Cast-on-death benefit from the bonus "more spell damage" modifier of RF?
Disclaimer: I have not followed any dev posts nor dug into previous pages beyond light skimming and have no knowledge of whether or not the follow suggestions have already been created.

Herald gems... Great theme and idea, but I saw the painful absence of a lightning-type herald gem, so I thought I'd take a crack at designing one. That led me to make an array of gems that might be interesting and add to the existing themes in the game.

Herald of Thunder:
Channel lightning through your hands, converting a part of your elemental damage to lightning damage. If you kill an enemy, lightning projectiles will fly out from the corpse, damaging and shocking nearby enemies for a portion of the lightning damage dealt relative to its max life.

Notes:
- Blue gem, INT requirement
- Designed to constrast Herald of Ash/Ice just as they contrast each other in types of delivery of bonus damage and on-kill effect to emphasize different functionality. (As are all the Herald gems I've come up with)
- On-kill effect is meant to simulate residual lightning bursting from the corpse.
- The lightning projectiles would to identical to those of Lightning Strike, with there being 6-10 that fly out in a circular pattern

Herald of Mortality:
Channel life and death through your hands, causing your curses and minions to apply Bleeding when hitting an enemy is below 20% health. If you kill an enemy, a Vengeful Spirit that will decay over time is raised at the location of the corpse.

Notes:
- Blue gem, INT requirement. (or black gem with int/str/dex requirement? Hue)
- Reserved life instead of mana AND the on-hit effect is geared towards culling to allow the bulk of the gem's power to be placed upon the on-kill effect so it can be both thematically and mechanically distinguishing.
- Only one instance of Bleeding per target from this Herald effect
- Vengeful Spirits are grey-black smokey miniature spectres that are tethered to the corpse location and operate just like spectres. (The tether is smokey like the spirit and its length is about the radius of default righteous fire (very short))
- Vengeful Spirits do not benefit from support gems but do benefit from minion-specific gear mods and passive nodes
- Vengeful Spirits will still be summoned even if the corpse is shattered.
- Vengeful spirits will persist even if corpse is destroyed.

Herald of Pestilence:
Channel toxicity through your hands, adding flat chaos damage to your status ailments. If you kill an enemy, a ring of gas is released from the corpse that applies poison and blind to enemies passing through it.

Notes:
- Green gem, DEX requirement
- Designed to add a twist to ailment stacking by taking advantage of when enemies become more vulnerable.
- The bonus chaos applies to burn, shock, chill, freeze, bleed, blind, and poison.
- On-kill effect is designed to have the potential for an amusing chain reaction when used against weaker hordes of enemies.
- Gas cloud can stack with Poison Arrow's poison cloud - And while it is notable thinner, it will scale with the corpse size.
- Gas cloud will NOT be created if the corpse is shattered.

Herald of Luster:
Channel light through your hands, adding physical damage and accuracy to your melee attacks and projectiles as well as a flat bonus length to your light radius. If you kill an enemy, consecrated ground is created at its location.

Notes:
- Red gem, DEX/STR requirement
- Bonus damage and accuracy will be based on your current STR/DEX values... maybe.
- Meant to be a very simple mechanic of bonus damage and visual security, but the physical damage aspect adds a fair twist, in my opinion.
- The on-kill effect is meant to be minor in comparison, giving players only a moderate sense of relief with the consecrated ground's regeneration effect.
- Consecrated ground is created even if the corpse is shattered.
- Vengeful Spirits will persist to their natural duration even if the corpse is destroyed by any manner.

Casual Alt-Life is best Life.

Gen 1: Spectre Necromancer, Caustic Trapper, Righteous Incinerator, 3Dragons Deadeye, Elemental Raider
Gen 2: Flicker Blade Vortexer, Perandus Hierophant, Iron Commander, Poison Flurrier
Gen 3: Cycloning Slayer, Berserker Witherstormer, LL SRS Auramancer.
Last edited by JunBerry on Sep 25, 2014, 4:28:59 PM
Please ignore/remove this post, whatever's within your authority.

Apparently, these forums hate that I tried to use the "list" code, and cute off my posts for trying to use it (I clearly haven't explored HTML here). Didn't figure that out until after experimenting a little and trying to section my post.
Casual Alt-Life is best Life.

Gen 1: Spectre Necromancer, Caustic Trapper, Righteous Incinerator, 3Dragons Deadeye, Elemental Raider
Gen 2: Flicker Blade Vortexer, Perandus Hierophant, Iron Commander, Poison Flurrier
Gen 3: Cycloning Slayer, Berserker Witherstormer, LL SRS Auramancer.
Last edited by JunBerry on Sep 25, 2014, 3:50:44 PM
New active skill idea --

Vector of Transfusion

Place a totem in a certain area. All aura effects that reach the totem are gained by the player. Same auras cannot take effect twice(The higher one will be considered).

This would be a pure str skill. Increase its level will increase its base duration(as well as hp). Increase its quality will increase its maximum life(such as decoy totem).

It can be used to --

- "Steal" enemy totem effects(like a diamond totem)
- "Borrow" aura effects from a faraway party member
- Counter those who use Death's Oath or Righteous Fire, or simply aura users in PVP
- Use generosity to enhance auras on self^^
Two-handed - Mop
Dual Wield - Slippers
One-handed & Shield (close combat) - Brush & Basin
One-handed & Shield (ranged) - Hair Dryer & Mirror
Main-hand & Off-hand (evil witch) - Sponge & Soap
Destruction - phys aura that enhances accuracy and gives aoe/splash to all attacks. Also gives life and mana leech.
Cannot be used with any other offensive aura.

Meant for players who want to go all out phys damage and not use hatred etc, red gem.
Last edited by Acer99 on Oct 22, 2014, 2:18:27 AM
how about... give players that slowing aura from monsters, only toned down a bit and have a penalty for use.

temporal aura
40% (or 25%) resurve
foes in range act 20-40% slower. (or 20% or 30% range but fixed)
your own actions are 10% slower. (or 20 - 5% slower)
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Oct 22, 2014, 3:31:25 AM
yo
Last edited by dadadums on Apr 11, 2019, 11:56:12 PM
"
Disclaimer: I have not followed any dev posts nor dug into previous pages beyond light skimming and have no knowledge of whether or not the follow suggestions have already been created.

Herald gems... Great theme and idea, but I saw the painful absence of a lightning-type herald gem, so I thought I'd take a crack at designing one. That led me to make an array of gems that might be interesting and add to the existing themes in the game.

Herald of Thunder:
Channel lightning through your hands, converting a part of your elemental damage to lightning damage. If you kill an enemy, lightning projectiles will fly out from the corpse, damaging and shocking nearby enemies for a portion of the lightning damage dealt relative to its max life.

Notes:
- Blue gem, INT requirement
- Designed to constrast Herald of Ash/Ice just as they contrast each other in types of delivery of bonus damage and on-kill effect to emphasize different functionality. (As are all the Herald gems I've come up with)
- On-kill effect is meant to simulate residual lightning bursting from the corpse.
- The lightning projectiles would to identical to those of Lightning Strike, with there being 6-10 that fly out in a circular pattern

Herald of Mortality:
Channel life and death through your hands, causing your curses and minions to apply Bleeding when hitting an enemy is below 20% health. If you kill an enemy, a Vengeful Spirit that will decay over time is raised at the location of the corpse.

Notes:
- Blue gem, INT requirement. (or black gem with int/str/dex requirement? Hue)
- Reserved life instead of mana AND the on-hit effect is geared towards culling to allow the bulk of the gem's power to be placed upon the on-kill effect so it can be both thematically and mechanically distinguishing.
- Only one instance of Bleeding per target from this Herald effect
- Vengeful Spirits are grey-black smokey miniature spectres that are tethered to the corpse location and operate just like spectres. (The tether is smokey like the spirit and its length is about the radius of default righteous fire (very short))
- Vengeful Spirits do not benefit from support gems but do benefit from minion-specific gear mods and passive nodes
- Vengeful Spirits will still be summoned even if the corpse is shattered.
- Vengeful spirits will persist even if corpse is destroyed.

Herald of Pestilence:
Channel toxicity through your hands, adding flat chaos damage to your status ailments. If you kill an enemy, a ring of gas is released from the corpse that applies poison and blind to enemies passing through it.

Notes:
- Green gem, DEX requirement
- Designed to add a twist to ailment stacking by taking advantage of when enemies become more vulnerable.
- The bonus chaos applies to burn, shock, chill, freeze, bleed, blind, and poison.
- On-kill effect is designed to have the potential for an amusing chain reaction when used against weaker hordes of enemies.
- Gas cloud can stack with Poison Arrow's poison cloud - And while it is notable thinner, it will scale with the corpse size.
- Gas cloud will NOT be created if the corpse is shattered.

Herald of Luster:
Channel light through your hands, adding physical damage and accuracy to your melee attacks and projectiles as well as a flat bonus length to your light radius. If you kill an enemy, consecrated ground is created at its location.

Notes:
- Red gem, DEX/STR requirement
- Bonus damage and accuracy will be based on your current STR/DEX values... maybe.
- Meant to be a very simple mechanic of bonus damage and visual security, but the physical damage aspect adds a fair twist, in my opinion.
- The on-kill effect is meant to be minor in comparison, giving players only a moderate sense of relief with the consecrated ground's regeneration effect.
- Consecrated ground is created even if the corpse is shattered.
- Vengeful Spirits will persist to their natural duration even if the corpse is destroyed by any manner.

Great suggestions! Love it!
Warlord's Mark clarification request. Does this curse still provides innate bonus to flask charges gained on kill? Wiki says it does but the in-game gem description doesn't.

All I need is a "yes it does" or "no it doesn't" (verified).

Would appreciate a Dev response.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info