General Gem Discussion

Thx for your answer! So there is only one buff.

Next question regarding Elemental Equilibrium: what happens, if I lay a Freeze Mine and a Detonate Dead Mine (with corpse) close to a mob? will both be triggered simultaneously? will they be counted as "one hit", resulting in +25/+25/-50 ?

Hi, I have a question on the skill gem Discipline and I don't see a topic on that so I'm posting here as a general gem question instead.

So, I was reading on the skill gems information at http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Discipline and saw the "efficiency" that scales with the gem level, but I was unable to find any additional information regarding what this "efficiency" is, does anyone know the answer/where this information is located?

Thanks in advance,
-Siegh
ES per point of Reservation (it's an underlined word, meaning you can hover over it for more info). It's mostly a leftover from the days of flat Reserves; it used to Reserve more with each level up.
Last edited by Vipermagi on May 15, 2014, 7:05:56 AM
Charge Rate for Vaal Skill Gems:

I think the most useful purpose for Vaal Gems is the extra kick they give in a tight spot, usually against a boss. That being said, some of them can't get charged up enough in corrupted areas (for lack of monsters) to be useable in merciless difficulty. This has probably been said before. Has there been any word of nerfing the charge amount because of this? Thanks.
Last edited by simballine on May 20, 2014, 3:10:24 PM
Feedback/Recommendation:

I really like the idea of utility skills. I feel they really add a multiplier to the variation of builds and continue to intrigue veteran players to discover practical ways to use the utility, instead of an occasional release of a new skill gem.

I would consider a utility skill like Righteous Fire. I think would be cool to gradually add more skills like RF into the game. Maybe have a a skill that does self-damage as cold, or lightning, and adds a beneficial modifier.

Thanks for your time and dedication to a great game.
"
Illsonmedia wrote:
Feedback/Recommendation:

I really like the idea of utility skills. I feel they really add a multiplier to the variation of builds and continue to intrigue veteran players to discover practical ways to use the utility, instead of an occasional release of a new skill gem.

I would consider a utility skill like Righteous Fire. I think would be cool to gradually add more skills like RF into the game. Maybe have a a skill that does self-damage as cold, or lightning, and adds a beneficial modifier.

Thanks for your time and dedication to a great game.

shield skillz!!

shield of the righetous
+1000 def lvl 20 consacrate the ground when block

shield slam
melee skill

could proc some endurance charge
% dmg by the number of def your shield have
so this will diversify the utility of high armor shield that currently amlost nobody use for their build. everybody run ES or R/F shield rise of the pheonix builds XD

Hi I have some questions
Why do you can t use the Skill comb. Pison Arrow in a Trap on a Ward.
A Ward is no melee wappon or ?
2. Question why cann t I use a rangeattak totem with out a bow ?
Wands are ranged weapons, but they are not Bows - you do not fire arrows from a Wand. As such, you cannot use Poison Arrow. PA also has the Bow tag at the top of the Gem description, which really should've told you everything you needed to know.

Totems use your stats and your gear. If you don't have a Bow equipped, you cannot use Skills that require the use of a Bow. As such, neither can your Totems.
link
Ahh ok Thx but is ther a Posebility to use this gems with out a bow a Unikitem or a skill
I ask becouse i bild a treper up and as it seems it wil be the most damage Trap or
i m not shure
I have so many gems I cannot or choose not to use. What should I do with them? I hate to just sell them for scraps of wisdom scrolls. I only run melee characters and won't be using lots of those I've found.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info