General Gem Discussion

Elemental equilibrium question.

If you hit with 2 elements at the same time (fire + cold for example) what is the result ?
a) +25% fire + 25% cold -50% lightning

or

b) -25% fire (-50% from hitting with cold +25% from hitting with fire) -25% cold -50% lightning
Every element is checked separately. If you hit with Fire Damage, they get +25% Fire Res. If you don't deal Fire Damage, they get -50% Fire Res.
So, A.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Apr 28, 2014, 11:46:26 AM
Ah sad ... so the only way to somewhat profit from it without constantly switching skills is Elemental Hit ?
"
hajutzebg wrote:
Ah sad ... so the only way to somewhat profit from it without constantly switching skills is Elemental Hit ?
grammar aside, elemental hit is the best way to use EE. otherwise use different skills like... cast firestorm then some lightning spell like arc or sparks.
Well, Elemental Hit only works if you deal zero Elemental Damage otherwise, which isn't terribly likely considering you're running an Attack build and are going for Elemental Damage.
Another question.

Are there any decent movement skills other than shield charge ? (I am trying to bypass the movement cost of Arctic Armor)
"
hajutzebg wrote:
Another question.

Are there any decent movement skills other than shield charge ? (I am trying to bypass the movement cost of Arctic Armor)
lightning warp is only one i saw to "bypass" arctic armor's mana degen extra. whirling blades should be fast enough to "bypass" the extra mana though. shield charge might need a little more movement speed and cyclone is out of the question.
Why do those gems NOT work with Molten Strike
- Concentrated effect
- Projectile speed
Last edited by hajutzebg on May 1, 2014, 12:49:48 PM
ZiggyD recently made a good review about molten strike:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxnQ0gunWAQ

There, he demonstrates that the aoe and the spread of the projectiles are both affected by conc. effect and increased aoe.

I have an elemental equilibrium question myself I was unable to find an answer in the forums. Can there be one buff or multiple elemental equilibrium buffs present at a mob?

following situation: I use lightning warp to get into melee range, then I hit the mob with Glacial Hammer, followed by Infernal Blow. I dont have elemental damage on my gear, so I never hit the mob with more than one type of element.
Scenario a): Lightning warp applies -50/-50/+25 (fire/cold/lightning), then Glacial Hammer changes that buff to -50/+25/-50 while dealing 1,5x damage (in case of 0% mob resistance), then Infernal Blow connects for 1,5x damage as well, changing the buff to +25/-50/-50.
scenario b): Lightning warp applies -50/-50/+25, glacial hammer deals 1,5x damage, adding another buff (-50/+25/-50, summing to a total of -100/-25/-25), then Infernal blow deals x2 damage adding the last buff, leaving the mob with -75 to all resists.

I would tend to scenario a), because those buffs have only one source. But it could be possible as well, that the buffs are independent from each other, because they have different values (7 possible: +25/-50/-50, -50/+25/-50, -50/-50/+25, -50/+25/+25, +25/-50/+25, +25/+25/-50, +25/+25/+25).

In case a) it would be best to use Infernal Blow + Hatred as multi target and Glacial Hammer + Hatred as single target, avoiding only lightning damage on gear. These skills could be alternated with either Lightning Warp or Shockwave Totem + Added Lightning Damage while making sure that the attack speed is as fast as the cast speed of the Totem.

In case b), a Combination of cwdt Molten Shell, Glacial Hammer+Hatred, and Lightning Warp Lightshockwave totem would be the most efficient?

Which is correct?
Scenario a

for the best case ...
i don't know, if you use infernal blow, glacial hammer and hatred.

Infernal blow make : +25/+25/-50
Glacial hammer : -50/+25/-50
lightning : -50/-50/+25

the main problem is infernal blow, because it decrease the glacial hammer effectiveness,
except if you find a way to do lightning damage between each hit or two ( glacial, then infernal blow ( losing a bit on hatred ), then lightning, repeat ^^ )

Mjolner can do this, but it's a bit stupid because the dps of this hammer is pretty low, you'll make damage by proc abilities

case b :
molten shell => you need to take damage so it's a bit weird, and it's for only one procs every x seconds...

Maybe the shockwave totem idea is the best one ( but shockwave totem benefits from hatred ^^ )

a case c :
use flame totem, and attacks with only glacial hammer melee splash.

for all case : you'll have a unique playstyle, i'm sure that no one use something like this ^^

Ps: sorry for my english.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info