[3.5] Winter Orb elementalist league starter, SSF/beginner-friendly

"
xVINCEREx wrote:

2)Flat damage in the game is IMO the greatest source of DPS. You see it in the gear written as "Add # to # Cold damage". It is a base damage that multiplies with your % damage taken in your build. For instance, the Winter Orb gems deals (23-258) to (28-322) Cold Damage. But if you have a dagger that reads "Add 30 to 70 Cold damage to spells", your Winter Orb deals now 53 to 392 cold damage minimum. It is super important because it multiplies with all the % that you take on your tree and gear.

3) So yeah, try to pick flat cold damage first, then crit multiplier or cold damage %

WO has a 60% effectiveness of added damage, so your math is a bit off. WO is not a very good skill for flat added damage mods. They aren't useless but they are not great at 60% of their value.
Is there a 1-button take on this build. Why is orb of storms here?
Complete noob here, but I'm wondering why were putting skill points into crit, then linking controlled destruction support with winter orb; am I missing something?
"
Rhidlor wrote:
Complete noob here, but I'm wondering why were putting skill points into crit, then linking controlled destruction support with winter orb; am I missing something?

controled destro only redcued "crit rateing" with 100% so you can still bypass that with enough crit since it does give alot of dmg
"
nothingtoxic wrote:
controled destro only redcued "crit rateing" with 100% so you can still bypass that with enough crit since it does give alot of dmg

Excuse my ignorance, I'm sure this has already been contemplated many times, but is all this crit in the skill tree really that much better than taking elemental damage %; especially for beginners whom may not be able to achieve a certain crit threshold, let alone understand what that threshold is?

Maybe I'm overthinking this.
I'm in the 50-ish lvl, does the single target gets better later on?
I am a bit curious about the Jewels in skill tree. Which should I go for?
- I am new to POe, just started this season
I like the Heartbreaker
for culling as 2nd weapon and not losing that much damage for it. Helps a lot for bosses and masters fights.
Nice build but do you have any skill points order suggestion? What point should I take first?
What early game weapons are recommended as I don't know if daggers will give extra spell damage at the start.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info