[3.5] Winter Orb elementalist league starter, SSF/beginner-friendly

I'm a noob, so I created a detailed leveling plan for me to follow. I strongly doubt that my skill point suggestions are optimal.
Leveling plan (based on doing all side quests):
* Start - Fireball
* In chest on the right of first map - Arcane Surge Support
* "Enemy at the Gate" reward - Freezing Pulse (replaces Fireball)
* Buy from Nessa - Raise Zombies (blue, optional but helpful)
=> Look for a BBG item, preferably non-weapon
* Skills Points: Spell Damage first, then up left to Arcanist's Dominion
* "Mercy Mission" reward - Quicksilver Flask, Lesser Poison Support
=> Put Freezing Pulse, Elemental Proliferation Support and Lesser Poison Support in BBG item
* After reaching "The Submerged Passage" - Orb of Storms (use)
* More skill points - Left to Discipline and Training
* Entering The Prison - Added Lightning Damage Support
* Buy from Nessa - Added Cold Damage Support (green), Increased Critical Strikes Support (blue) and Minion Damage Support (blue)
* Gear should be BBG Freezing Pulse, Added Lightning Damage Support and Added Cold Damage Support; BB Raise Zombie and Minion Damage Support; unlinked Increased Critical Strikes Support and Orb of Storms
* "The Caged Brute" reward - One of the movements (Flame Dash or Lightning Wrap)
* More skill points - Left to Light of Dominion, and then to Elemental Damage node past Holy Divinity
* Look for a BBG Goat's Horn or Carved Wand. Keep a Topaz Ring if one drops
* Enitering Merveil's Cavern - Arc
* Sell as a group a magic BBG Goat's Horn or Carved Wand, a Topaz Ring and a Orb of Alteration to get a Thunder Lord's Goat's Horn or Carved Wand. If you have a normal BBG Goat's Horn or Carved Wand, you can upgrade it to a magic one with an Orb of Transmutation. Put Arc, Added Lightning Damage Support and Added Cold Damage Support in the Thunder Lord's weapon
* More Skill Points - Heart and Soul and the node beyond it, then To Anniliation and the Intelligence node above it
* "Intruders in Black" reward - Arctic Armor (use)
* Buy from Yeena - Herald of Ice (use), Herald of Thunder (use)
* More skill points - Dexterity can be a problem at this point. If so, take Pratical Application and take out those two points later.
* "Sharp and Cruel" reward - Controlled Destruction Support (equip)
* Buy from Yeena - Concentrated Effect Support (equip)
* More Skill Points - Over to Throatseeker
* There aren't any 4 link items that you need at this point
* More skill points - Written in Blood and then down left to Doom Cast
* After seeing Tolman - Frostbite (equip)
* Buy from Clarissa - Assassin's Mark (equip)
* After killing Gravicius - Winter orb (equip)
* From Siosa - Efficacy Support (equip)
* Buy from Siosa - Whirling Blades, Faster Attacks Support, Fortify Support, 2xIce Bite Support, Increased Duration Support, Innervate Support
* Gear should be:
*=> BBG Thunder Lord's weapon with Arc, Added Lightning Damage Support and Added Cold Damage Support
*=> BBGG item with Herald of Ice, Innervate Support, Ice Bite Support, Increased Critical Strikes Support
*=> Equipped but not used: Arctic Armour, Assassin's Mark, Concentrated Effect Support, Controlled Destruction Support, Efficacy Support, Faster Attacks Support, Fortify Support, Frostbite, Herald of Thunder, Ice Bite Support, Increased Duration Support, Orb of Stroms, Whirling Blades, Winter Orb
* Labryinth - Take Elementalist Ascendancy then take Pendulum of Destruction
* More skill points - Coldhearted Calculation, then Assassination, then Trickery, and then the Life node beyond Blood Siphon
* After opening mine - Summon Lightning Golem (use if you have space)
* Gear to look for: 5L or 6L B&G Armor, BBGG minor armor, BBBB minor armor, and a RRRG minor armor or a RRR minor armor that has a unlinked G socket
* After killing Kaom and Daresso - Greater Multiple Projectiles Support
* Buy from P&V - Increased Area of Effect Support, 2xCurse on Hit Support, Cast when Damage Taken Support
* You know have every skill gem except Immortal Coil. You can start using the skill gems as below. I'd recommend using Spell or Elemental Damage weapons for now
* Channelling is a very different method of inflicting damage. When the channeling ends has no rhyme or reason to me. I have to constantly watch the ball above my head or else the channelling will end while I'm surrounded by enemies. There's no control over which enemy gets struck next. But it clears maps amazingly fast
* More skill points: Cruel Preparation, Whispers of Doom, Blood Drinker, Acrobatics, Phase Acrobatics
* At level 50, you can wield dual Heartbreakers. One should be BBB and the other RGG. It's fairly easy to get one to be RGG (at the Crafting bench, pay for 1 Red socket). The left mouse button should now be for walking and the right for Whirling Blades
* After Cruel Lab, take Mastermind of Discord. After that, use both Herald of Ice and Herald of Thunder
* The Major and Minor Pantheon for this build are Soul of the Brine King and Soul of Gruthkul
* More skill points: Jewel sockets (if you have good jewels), Heartseeker, Quick Recovery, Potency of Will, Shaper, Constitution
* At level 66, switch to weilding two Divinarius. Again BBB and RGG
* After Merciless Lab, take Paragon of Calamity
"
GuntherBovine wrote:
I'm a noob, so I created a detailed leveling plan for me to follow. I strongly doubt that my skill point suggestions are optimal.
Leveling plan (based on doing all side quests):
* Start - Fireball
* In chest on the right of first map - Arcane Surge Support
* "Enemy at the Gate" reward - Freezing Pulse (replaces Fireball)
* Buy from Nessa - Raise Zombies (blue, optional but helpful)
=> Look for a BBG item, preferably non-weapon
* Skills Points: Spell Damage first, then up left to Arcanist's Dominion
* "Mercy Mission" reward - Quicksilver Flask, Lesser Poison Support
=> Put Freezing Pulse, Elemental Proliferation Support and Lesser Poison Support in BBG item
* After reaching "The Submerged Passage" - Orb of Storms (use)
* More skill points - Left to Discipline and Training
* Entering The Prison - Added Lightning Damage Support
* Buy from Nessa - Added Cold Damage Support (green), Increased Critical Strikes Support (blue) and Minion Damage Support (blue)
* Gear should be BBG Freezing Pulse, Added Lightning Damage Support and Added Cold Damage Support; BB Raise Zombie and Minion Damage Support; unlinked Increased Critical Strikes Support and Orb of Storms
* "The Caged Brute" reward - One of the movements (Flame Dash or Lightning Wrap)
* More skill points - Left to Light of Dominion, and then to Elemental Damage node past Holy Divinity
* Look for a BBG Goat's Horn or Carved Wand. Keep a Topaz Ring if one drops
* Enitering Merveil's Cavern - Arc
* Sell as a group a magic BBG Goat's Horn or Carved Wand, a Topaz Ring and a Orb of Alteration to get a Thunder Lord's Goat's Horn or Carved Wand. If you have a normal BBG Goat's Horn or Carved Wand, you can upgrade it to a magic one with an Orb of Transmutation. Put Arc, Added Lightning Damage Support and Added Cold Damage Support in the Thunder Lord's weapon
* More Skill Points - Heart and Soul and the node beyond it, then To Anniliation and the Intelligence node above it
* "Intruders in Black" reward - Arctic Armor (use)
* Buy from Yeena - Herald of Ice (use), Herald of Thunder (use)
* More skill points - Dexterity can be a problem at this point. If so, take Pratical Application and take out those two points later.
* "Sharp and Cruel" reward - Controlled Destruction Support (equip)
* Buy from Yeena - Concentrated Effect Support (equip)
* More Skill Points - Over to Throatseeker
* There aren't any 4 link items that you need at this point
* More skill points - Written in Blood and then down left to Doom Cast
* After seeing Tolman - Frostbite (equip)
* Buy from Clarissa - Assassin's Mark (equip)
* After killing Gravicius - Winter orb (equip)
* From Siosa - Efficacy Support (equip)
* Buy from Siosa - Whirling Blades, Faster Attacks Support, Fortify Support, 2xIce Bite Support, Increased Duration Support, Innervate Support
* Gear should be:
*=> BBG Thunder Lord's weapon with Arc, Added Lightning Damage Support and Added Cold Damage Support
*=> BBGG item with Herald of Ice, Innervate Support, Ice Bite Support, Increased Critical Strikes Support
*=> Equipped but not used: Arctic Armour, Assassin's Mark, Concentrated Effect Support, Controlled Destruction Support, Efficacy Support, Faster Attacks Support, Fortify Support, Frostbite, Herald of Thunder, Ice Bite Support, Increased Duration Support, Orb of Stroms, Whirling Blades, Winter Orb
* Labryinth - Take Elementalist Ascendancy then take Pendulum of Destruction
* More skill points - Coldhearted Calculation, then Assassination, then Trickery, and then the Life node beyond Blood Siphon
* After opening mine - Summon Lightning Golem (use if you have space)
* Gear to look for: 5L or 6L B&G Armor, BBGG minor armor, BBBB minor armor, and a RRRG minor armor or a RRR minor armor that has a unlinked G socket
* After killing Kaom and Daresso - Greater Multiple Projectiles Support
* Buy from P&V - Increased Area of Effect Support, 2xCurse on Hit Support, Cast when Damage Taken Support
* You know have every skill gem except Immortal Coil. You can start using the skill gems as below. I'd recommend using Spell or Elemental Damage weapons for now
* Channelling is a very different method of inflicting damage. When the channeling ends has no rhyme or reason to me. I have to constantly watch the ball above my head or else the channelling will end while I'm surrounded by enemies. There's no control over which enemy gets struck next. But it clears maps amazingly fast
* More skill points: Cruel Preparation, Whispers of Doom, Blood Drinker, Acrobatics, Phase Acrobatics
* At level 50, you can wield dual Heartbreakers. One should be BBB and the other RGG. It's fairly easy to get one to be RGG (at the Crafting bench, pay for 1 Red socket). The left mouse button should now be for walking and the right for Whirling Blades
* After Cruel Lab, take Mastermind of Discord. After that, use both Herald of Ice and Herald of Thunder
* The Major and Minor Pantheon for this build are Soul of the Brine King and Soul of Gruthkul
* More skill points: Jewel sockets (if you have good jewels), Heartseeker, Quick Recovery, Potency of Will, Shaper, Constitution
* At level 66, switch to weilding two Divinarius. Again BBB and RGG
* After Merciless Lab, take Paragon of Calamity

Thanks!
Thanks for the build guide! I started it this league in SSF and it ran strong all the way to about T11-T12 maps and I'm using a Tabula still. I'm not sure if it will go much further without finding some better gear, but it's been absolutely great, now I have to see how far delving I can go... if only I had enough sulfite.

I was able to take out the Elder Guardians without dying but Elder ate my corpse until I ran out of portals and he still had half life left.
why do you need to use 2 ice bite support gem, on winter orb and herald of ice? can i switch to hypothermia support on winter orb link?
What levels should the Immortal Call set up be for each of the three gems?
"
Buffo wrote:
What levels should the Immortal Call set up be for each of the three gems?

3L RRR:
Cast when Damage Taken Support - Max level 3
Immortal Call - Max level 5
Increased Duration Support - No max

Based on sample gear in OP
Guys, tell me app on the android (I have this https://www.bestadvisor.com/android-phones ZTE ) where you can watch builds so that you don’t have to surf the Internet every time. It would be cool at all so that, as in Destiny 2, everything could be switched from the phone. Is there such a thing?
I'm pickle
Why hold off using Winter Orb till level 40? What's the reason?
"
Sleepy1992 wrote:
Why hold off using Winter Orb till level 40? What's the reason?

You can't use Greater Mutliple Projectiles until level 38, also you need some of the area and cast speed nodes to make it effective. Leveling up with arc is quite fast without much support. I guess that's the main reasons. Not saying it's not doable to use before, might just be slower/mor cumbersome.
hi pals,

what jewels should I use for the sockets on passive tree?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info