[3.5] Winter Orb elementalist league starter, SSF/beginner-friendly

Use just herald of ice, at lvl 55ish when you get more points on the three ( max. mana and regen). After that you can start using second herald

Hope it helps
Followed ur build(which i have to say i am a newbie at the game and it was rly easy for me to understand) and now i got to lv 81 got myself all the items i needed looking similar to ur "crap gear" part.The only thing that difers is the armor.I got an impulsa 5 linked.
My question is:is there any other weapon that you can use?(i mean a better one)I noticed that it;s getting harder for me to kill mobs at level 80+ and it;s getting harder at mapping(again i am a newbie hope this does not bothers) or some other sugestions that could make the build better.
Hi, how many mana need to active Herald of Thunder, Herald of Ice and Arctic Armour??

970 mana I can't activate the 3 skills at the same time
"
xVINCEREx wrote:
Added a showcase video.

NeyNey: you can pick Acro and Phase Acro when you want, preferably when you start going down right on the tree for some dexterity.

Kikou: Never tried a CwC, but people talk about a Winter's Orb CwC Ice Spear, looks like a good setup to start. You'll lose some clearspeed but gain some single target DPS. As for the late game, I think it will go to red maps pretty smoothly but endgame bosses like Shaper, Uber Atziri and Red Tier Elder look too much of a challenge for the skill in itself.

I started this league with this build. Your tree helped in compiling mine. Tryed CWC setup. So it less clearspeed and less survived. I also want to note that the damage is enough to kill the shaper and the guards.
"
El_Tarlo wrote:
Hi everyone, can anyone please take a look on my gear set up and give me some tips what to upgrade? Ty

This is the most obvious RMT player i've ever seen. All your non-uniques are awful like you have no idea how to play the game, and your flasks aren't even all 20%.
Whats the point on using inpulsas with this build?
Here's a batch of answers:

"
if I'm using tabula rasa from lv 1, which gems shall I use?

madcake: get Arcane Surge first, then Added cold damage, faster casting. Anything that boosts spell and Ice damage is good. With a 6L you'll steamroll the content anyway early game.

"
hai.. I'm level 46 witch. I have a problem with this build. When I activate the herald of ice and thunder with artic armor my remaining mana is only 96. So I will have a problem to use other skill like winter orb and orb of storm because I'm always running out of mana. Any advise?

Yeah you need the Mastermind of discord ascendancy for Heralds to reserve less mana. Without it it's just not working.

"
Followed ur build(which i have to say i am a newbie at the game and it was rly easy for me to understand) and now i got to lv 81 got myself all the items i needed looking similar to ur "crap gear" part.The only thing that difers is the armor.I got an impulsa 5 linked.
My question is:is there any other weapon that you can use?(i mean a better one)I noticed that it;s getting harder for me to kill mobs at level 80+ and it;s getting harder at mapping(again i am a newbie hope this does not bothers) or some other sugestions that could make the build better.

When you reach a confortable level, it's time to look for a rare wand and a stat stick. This is where the DPS will skyrockey. For your wand you want max spell damage, clod damage, crit chance/multi. For the stat stick, take a Shaper or Elder Sceptre with spell damage, "Gain # of elemental damage as chaos damage", cast speed and crit. Something like this : http://poe.trade/search/rusimamokihuto

"
Whats the point on using inpulsas with this build?

You get Shaper of Desolation in your Ascendancy so you get Shocking Conflux for 4s and Triple conflux for 2s, so shock everywhere.
Last edited by xVINCEREx on Jan 3, 2019, 3:49:32 AM
Hi there,

I'm currently using a 5l Carcass but I'm thinking about switching to Inpulsa. Just wanted to get your opinion on it, my main concern is single target damage as clear speed isn't really an issue. The increased area damage + effect Carcass gives is nice but I'm not sure if the flat damage buff Inpulsa gives when you shock an enemy would outweigh Carcass in terms of single target dps.
I've seen a few people do this build and I've tried it but my Orb keeps dying down quick and Ive seen people have theres constantly charged at 7-10. How do you guys keep it constantly powered up?
My items, i can oneshot all mobs on t10 but syndicates shit with this build.

Spoiler
"Some things that slumber should never be awoken."

▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info