[3.6] [ELE] THE SPHERE OF SPEARS - Winter Orb CwC Ice Spear [1H] [Uber Atziri/Uber Elder down]

Can this run t16 maps with full mf gear?
Can this run t16 maps with full mf gear?
Hi,
Following your advice I purchased this:

The only issue, is that this is a wand and I lost leap slam, but I replaced it with flame dash.
I crafted the crit chance for spells. There were other possibilities, but it seemed the most adequate.

By sheer luck, I now have 2 exa and 353 chaos !

What could I do next to make it less squishy at higher end maps ?

I was thinking of Loreweave (seems good defensively but I would lose a lot of life and energy shield).

Inpulsa is a more expensive solution.

What about the aspect of the spider + warlord's mark on hit as a ring ?

I was also thinking of command of the pit (2 abyss sockets for free arcane surge) or Mutewind Whispersteps.

Damage wise, I am ok, I know I should improve the jewels, but for now, I would improve the tankyness of the character.

Many thanks !
Last edited by edessiex on Feb 2, 2019, 3:11:49 PM
Lots of cheap belts with aspect of the spider. Wide variety too so yu can look for life, ES, or res to fill any shortfalls of other gear.
My update with this char and build! I will be going against Shaper soon, expecting a cakewalk as I have improved my gear a little bit. I killed it with my prev chars who aren't as strong as this but you'll never know.

First things first, multimodding on Betrayal league is indeed bonkers! I have found a set up that will scale the dps very well. Here is the bad boy that I was able to make today after saving some currency.

with CwC on the prefix, we have a 7 link Winter Orb and Ice Spear. Because both are spells, the most powerful way to make it deal higher damage is via the gem level. To make them higher we could go the +2 cold socket or +2 support gem. Because +2 cold socket is a prefix and it's not craftable, getting this is a bit hard. Plus with +2 support gem and a Level 4 empower, our empower becomes a +5 to gem level and +2 support also means that it will level up the rest of our support gem. This is perfect combo. I am still working on the level 4 empower, but even with level 2 the damage scaling is already very real. Ideally the gem levels will be like below:

Winter Orb (21+5) - Ice Spear (21+5) - Controlled Dest (21+2) - GMP (21+2) - Hypothermia (21+2) - Empower (4+2)

I chose these affixes:
P1: CwC level 20
P2: (crafted) +2 socketed support gem
P3: (crafted) inc spell damage / gain non chaos as chaos
S1: (crafted) multi mod
S2: (crafted) double damage
S3: (crafted) +crit multi when unique/rare enemy is nearby

I think a double damage non crafted suffix will be better than the +crit multi when unique/rare enemy is nearby but getting that is pretty hard as the CwC affix is pretty rare.

The rest of my gear isn't anything new, I will be looking for a cheap Spider crafted belt as well as I have found a Purity of Ice with immune to freeze and take 10% phys damage as cold. My ele resist are a bit too high so I can cut the belt.
Last edited by GueRakun on Feb 5, 2019, 6:19:18 PM
here's my gear. what do you think?

Tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAAPuBAcEswVCBx4I9A5ID8QQUREtES8RlhZvFr8YVhhdGjgc3B0UHb4i9CaVJy8o-ioLKwosnDD4MtEzhzWSOtg64Tt8QYdBlkSrRUdFnUZSRtdJUUqfTItMs03jU1JVS1WuVcZXKVnzXfJh4mZUZp5ncWh0akNremwLbRlwUnGFcg98g3_GghCCm4LHg9uJvInTjDaOZI8aj6aP-pBVkPqTJ5RvlS6a4KDmoS-iAKKjplet8a6zrv-2-rc-uJO4yrmTvOq-isBmwwnIv9D11abYvdpi323fsONq6-7r9e9L8NXyHfJF96b56PrS_Ez-Cv6P?accountName=pizzazzp&characterName=Yukionba
"
Hellsmith wrote:

Because at the end of the node it has an increased damage to minion will also affect you. It's just inc damage basically (with bonus that your minion stays alive longer).

Not OP, but from here on it's basically up to you. Damage or more HP nodes. You also have to decide the layers of defense that you want, hybrid, life, es? Also do you wanna use Arctic Armour? Or do you want the Purity of Ice? With one handed weapon, there's also a possibility to commit on the "gain non-chaos as extra chaos damage" theme. As for me I end up doing a staff version.
Last edited by GueRakun on Feb 9, 2019, 5:17:43 AM
Ended this league with this character and the following gear, insane clear speed and Shaper DPS of about 6mil from Ice Spear alone. Triple lv23 Herald and stacking crit multiplier, hitting about 650% unbuffed.

My single target weapon
Last edited by Eishou on Feb 15, 2019, 11:34:59 AM

love this build a lot :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info